Home

Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #33
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
My biggest issue about the E3 footage is I'm not a pvp type,I play solo against the cpu. I'm sick and tired of seeing all "head to head" action....show someone playing the game against the cpu.

I've seen various talk through the years (and this year as well..imagine that) about how the defense has either been toned or tightened or tuned....the three "T's"...but yet we never see any of these fabulous changes from the E3 vids.

Then the string of excuses come rolling in..."early build" "wait for the demo" and so on....I'm not asking for the world here,I just want to see first hand the defensive changes that are being addressed.

So I wait patiently for the demo,and surprise surprise...I'm not seeing these changes,then guess what happens?....."it's a demo,wait till the game releases".....

The bottom line? E3 vids are not capable of showing me what I need to see,no matter how many of them there are.

Again...I'm not asking for the world here,I'm just asking for a game that will play remotely realistic,sliders that work,and penalty sliders that work.
Need to love this post more and more.

Gamechangers, media people, if you are reading this, this is one of the major complaints from Madden 13, the offensive AI from the CPU.

2 minute half logic, less running the ball/more passing the ball, just bad AI decisions all over the place.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #34
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Need to love this post more and more.

Gamechangers, media people, if you are reading this, this is one of the major complaints from Madden 13, the offensive AI from the CPU.

2 minute half logic, less running the ball/more passing the ball, just bad AI decisions all over the place.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of the E3 videos played against the CPU? I know some are played h2h, but I know for a fact that some of them we saw in previous E3's were vs the cpu.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #35
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of the E3 videos played against the CPU? I know some are played h2h, but I know for a fact that some of them we saw in previous E3's were vs the cpu.
The overwhelming majority of E3 vids, and Madden vids in general, are PVP.

Too long a wait to play at these shows to have someone playing by themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #36
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
The overwhelming majority of E3 vids, and Madden vids in general, are PVP.

Too long a wait to play at these shows to have someone playing by themselves.
Keep an eye out for Pastapadre and MyMaddenPad(shopmaster) then, because I just saw 5 of their videos and 4 of them from last E3 were vs cpu.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #37
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
My biggest issue about the E3 footage is I'm not a pvp type,I play solo against the cpu. I'm sick and tired of seeing all "head to head" action....show someone playing the game against the cpu.

I've seen various talk through the years (and this year as well..imagine that) about how the defense has either been toned or tightened or tuned....the three "T's"...but yet we never see any of these fabulous changes from the E3 vids.

Then the string of excuses come rolling in..."early build" "wait for the demo" and so on....I'm not asking for the world here,I just want to see first hand the defensive changes that are being addressed.

So I wait patiently for the demo,and surprise surprise...I'm not seeing these changes,then guess what happens?....."it's a demo,wait till the game releases".....

The bottom line? E3 vids are not capable of showing me what I need to see,no matter how many of them there are.

Again...I'm not asking for the world here,I'm just asking for a game that will play remotely realistic,sliders that work,and penalty sliders that work.
Same here. My main play time is offline. Only time I'll go online is with a good group of guys for a league.
Add in a real coach only mode.That would be icing on the cake.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #38
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand this...BUT,what EA touts as having been "3 T'd"...shouldn't that be an emphasis of their playtime?

All I see and hear in the past vids (I'm sure it will be the same this year) is the exact same way folks play,and the "giddiness" in their voices...."oh man,that was cool"..."check it out,that was awesome"

This was taken directly from EA sports....

Quote:
AI
• Neither receivers nor defensive backs react to a ball unless they are expecting it (like in the case of a quick slant for receivers) or they have their heads turned and are looking at it. This should hopefully do away with the psychic defensive backs from past Madden games.
• Defenses line-up opposite receivers in a best-on-best designation. This prevents your linebacker from matching up against an elite wide receiver lined up in the slot, for instance.
• Defenses disguise their man or zone coverage before the snap so offenses can’t try to use motion to uncover the defense’s plans.
• Defenders use different coverage techniques such as off coverage (where they start seven or so yards off the line of scrimmage and attempt to read the ball), trail techniques (including hand fighting), and split techniques (where the linebacker stands between the tight end and slot receiver).
• New animations allow for simultaneous tackles while the ball is being caught (including being able to knock out the ball in mid-air), and in general the development team says it’s been working on the interplay between players while the ball is in the air.
EA promises enhanced AI playcalling for two-minute drill, goal line, clock draining, and red zone
Now...if I was in the position of playing last years game at E3,along with seeing what's being touted...you'd better believe I'm going to extensively test this out,and looking to see how much has currently been implemented.

How much of what was touted above was shown from the E3 vids? It was all about the infinity engine.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #39
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

This was taken directly from EA sports....

AI
Neither receivers nor defensive backs react to a ball unless they are expecting it (like in the case of a quick slant for receivers) or they have their heads turned and are looking at it. This should hopefully do away with the psychic defensive backs from past Madden games.
Only quoted this part : But doesn't the Throw The WR Anywhere sort of make this null and void for WR's?

They create the throw the receiver anywere that makes the "Only react if they see it" void with receivers. And then they talk about it should do aways with physic DB's.
So you get rid of physic DB's but give WR the ability when using the Throw WR Anywhere" mechanic...or am I missing something?

I honestly never used it as my stick skills are already bad enough. I need a coach mode
So just curious for those that did use it, was it that effective to make the bolded part void?

Not trying to be all negative as I am seriously pumped about Madden25. I just hope they rely less on these external forces and more on realism and ratings.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-09-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
After coming back from the Madden challenge, I havent touched my madden since. I dont ever think I have sat this long without the need or feel to play this game anymore and thats a big deal for me. My Wife even asked me why I havent been playing Madden as she has never known me to not be playing the game all the way up until the next one releases. I would take hiatus's here and there but never to the point to where im a recovering madden-holic and havent played a game in 65days 17hrs and 12mins. Just saying!

I have high hopes still for nex gen madden, but if its not on the levels of MLB the Show or 2k series and its still heartless/souless, im afraid there's nothing anyone can really do besides EA forking over the rights and let then flood gates open to whoever wants in on NFL games.

I want gameplay videos from "actual gameplay" and from an actual perspective we would be playing from. Close ups of AI vs AI is getting stale, I wanna see Joe Schmoe playing John Doe in real time. That would make or break a sell for me in a heartbeat or atleast pique my interest quite a bit.

Stop the screen shots

Stop the trickling of info (not like anyone gonna snatch the license from right under you and release a game at the same time)

Pimp out NCAA before you Pimp and promote Madden, it gets peoples confused and takes away sales in some regards to one another

I would be almost all in if EA can do what this thread has discussed so far and communicate and have thick skin to boot. Its rough out here in the real world, people get fired and ridiculed for much less!
lol I thought I was the only one, I really don't see the point of all the screen shots except for maybe those people that look at equipment but other than that it pretty much looks the same every year. I really just want to see the videos and hear about the improvements to the game from a gameplay and franchise standpoint. That's why I'm looking forward to the supposed 6 page blog talking about the improvements to the connected careers mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »