Home

Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #41
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Only quoted this part : But doesn't the Throw The WR Anywhere sort of make this null and void for WR's?

They create the throw the receiver anywere that makes the "Only react if they see it" void with receivers. And then they talk about it should do aways with physic DB's.
So you get rid of physic DB's but give WR the ability when using the Throw WR Anywhere" mechanic...or am I missing something?

I honestly never used it as my stick skills are already bad enough. I need a coach mode
So just curious for those that did use it, was it that effective to make the bolded part void?

Not trying to be all negative as I am seriously pumped about Madden25. I just hope they rely less on these external forces and more on realism and ratings.
Yes it completely negated the fact that WRs need to "see" the ball to catch it.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #42
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Yes it completely negated the fact that WRs need to "see" the ball to catch it.
So we had Psychic WRs in M13 then?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #43
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Kinda sorta, lol. It's just the fact that receiver automatically knows where the ball is going to be for the most part, the receivers don't react once the ball is in the air, they change their route almost instantly depending on the user input, which just isn't realistic. The movement just was arcadey when it comes to that aspect of the passing game. Also receivers need to go up and try to get the ball more instead of heading further down the field. They had this aspect right in Madden 12, and once again, when they decide to improve, some things regress.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #44
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Kinda sorta, lol. It's just the fact that receiver automatically knows where the ball is going to be for the most part, the receivers don't react once the ball is in the air, they change their route almost instantly depending on the user input, which just isn't realistic. The movement just was arcadey when it comes to that aspect of the passing game. Also receivers need to go up and try to get the ball more instead of heading further down the field. They had this aspect right in Madden 12, and once again, when they decide to improve, some things regress.
I sent the devs a tweet and video referencing this, so hope it's addressed. They got rid of psychic DBs from 12 at least with 13, I hated that about M12.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #45

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I sent the devs a tweet and video referencing this, so hope it's addressed. They got rid of psychic DBs from 12 at least with 13, I hated that about M12.
More like they toned it down. Its still in 13 though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #46
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
You sent them a tweet about this matter, when, not recently but sometime in the past I hope?

The odd or interesting thing about that feature is according to the dev that introduced it, it did function exactly like they intended it to. It was described as being meant to "change the receivers route" with the left stick, not as a mechanic to allow the QB to attempt to place the ball anywhere on the field. That distinction makes a world of difference because the former sounds like something specifically designed to artificially make passing more successful, not more realistic.

No one needs to tell a football dev, much less a former collegiate QB, that's not the way "throw a receiver open" functions in the real world because I am absolutely sure someone like that has forgot more football than most gamers, including me, will ever know. It's this godawful POV about fun/realism balance and the constant mantra "it's just a video game" that causes even football knowledgeable devs to have to accept this kind of stuff, imo.

Hopefully the new consoles football games for EA are created with an entirely different POV than this gen.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #47
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
You sent them a tweet about this matter, when, not recently but sometime in the past I hope?

The odd or interesting thing about that feature is according to the dev that introduced it, it did function exactly like they intended it to. It was described as being meant to "change the receivers route" with the left stick, not as a mechanic to allow the QB to attempt to place the ball anywhere on the field. That distinction makes a world of difference because the former sounds like something specifically designed to artificially make passing more successful, not more realistic.

No one needs to tell a football dev, much less a former collegiate QB, that's not the way "throw a receiver open" functions in the real world because I am absolutely sure someone like that has forgot more football than most gamers, including me, will ever know. It's this godawful POV about fun/realism balance and the constant mantra "it's just a video game" that causes even football knowledgeable devs to have to accept this kind of stuff, imo.

Hopefully the new consoles football games for EA are created with an entirely different POV than this gen.
I sent the tweet Tuesday but they are still fixing and tuning things at this point so hopefully it's addressed in M25. The thing people have to remember with this new dev team is that they have bosses who have bosses and unfortunately not everything we or the devs want is going to make the final cut. Hopefully the man replacing John Riccitello will be more consumer focused and less profit focused. No matter who is there it won't ever be completely consumer focused but hopefully more so now than it was in the past.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #48
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
We've always had psychic receivers, really. The fact that they use a tethered based passing mechanic makes it impossible to not have psychic receivers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »