Home

Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah that would be the best for everyone that Madden would be awesome and we get options. Next gen Madden vs 2k? Let's go
Yeah that would be cool, just hope madden doesn't end up like a certain other video game company.
(eheh live)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #66
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Really? tell me,how did that work out. Look at the mess Madden has been this gen.
I understand being optimistic,but there's also a counter,it's called realistic.

It's going to take a WHOLE lot more than flashy graphics,and cgi trailers to even get me remotely excited for next gen Madden.

Be careful what you wish for.
I'm not worried about the past, it's 2013 and I think EA has learned from their mistakes of the past. If 2k comes back I'm so confident in the current dev team that it would be just as good if not better. I'm very confident in this group, I can't stress that enough. I don't think we've even come close to the tip of the iceberg of where Madden is about to go. My expectations for current gen are quite lower but I think people will be shocked in a good way when next gen Madden drops.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #67
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Yeah that would be cool, just hope madden doesn't end up like a certain other video game company.
(eheh live)
Or (eheh baseball).
Old 05-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
I'm not worried about the past, it's 2013 and I think EA has learned from their mistakes of the past. If 2k comes back I'm so confident in the current dev team that it would be just as good if not better. I'm very confident in this group, I can't stress that enough. I don't think we've even come close to the tip of the iceberg of where Madden is about to go. My expectations for current gen are quite lower but I think people will be shocked in a good way when next gen Madden drops.
Not calling you out or anything but those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. For about 8 years I've heard people(myself included) say EA has learned from the past and this year will be the year for madden. I think we had 3 or 4 dev teams on current gen and it has always been THIS team will be the one...only to see things never come to fruition.

Let's call a spade a spade, EA suits tell madden devs what and what not to do. The what is make the game appeal to casuals, the what not is make the game super realistic or true to life. From there the EA marketing guys(who IMO are some of the best in the business) take what the sim fans wanna hear and what appeals to casuals and plaster it all over the place.

I loved 2k football but I also loved madden. There was a point in time when both were great football games. That's all I want is a great football game again I don't care if its from EA, 2k, Sony, Natural Motion, Microsoft, Apple, or ****ing Smuckers peanut butter just give us a great football game.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #69
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Eh, I don't know how confident you are in the current staff. For if you were, you wouldn't feel the need to spam their Twitter handle with fundamental ideas and fixes. Confidence in a dev team IMO is when you don't feel the 'necessity' to point out every little thing yet you're certain what needs to be addressed will be addressed.

I don't step foot into the NBA 2K forums, nor do I tweet any of their devs. And I could buy that game year in/year out with little to no hesitation. That's confidence, my friend.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #70
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Let's call a spade a spade, EA suits tell madden devs what and what not to do. The what is make the game appeal to casuals, the what not is make the game super realistic or true to life. From there the EA marketing guys(who IMO are some of the best in the business) take what the sim fans wanna hear and what appeals to casuals and plaster it all over the place.
Suits, schmuits. I think we rely on that angle a little too much around these parts. Doesn't FIFA and NHL have suits to deal with too?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Eh, I don't know how confident you are in the current staff. For if you were, you wouldn't feel the need to spam their Twitter handle with fundamental ideas and fixes. Confidence in a dev team IMO is when you don't feel the 'necessity' to point out every little thing yet you're certain what needs to be addressed will be addressed.

I don't step foot into the NBA 2K forums, nor do I tweet any of their devs. And I could buy that game year in/year out with little to no hesitation. That's confidence, my friend.
I couldn't agree more. I do go into the 2k and MLB forums though bc I like knowing what others feel and I love a good logical civil debate. Every game is going to have wish list threads or things people feel are missing from the game. The difference is Madden is always critiqued for missing parts of the game that are fundamental to the core of football, while 2k and the show are critiqued for missing those little things that could add even more immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Suits, schmuits. I think we rely on that angle a little too much around these parts. Doesn't FIFA and NHL have suits to deal with too?
While they certainly do I think the suits allowed those games to progress to their current levels bc at one point those two franchises were not the top of mountain in their respective sports.

PES dominated FIFA for several years and they had to make a legit commitment to sim soccer before they took the upper hand.

I'm not sure about NHL but I know they had competition with 2k. 2k has since folded their NHL franchise since EA pummeled them into submission.

Instead of madden beating out 2k the way NHL and FIFA beat out their competition they took the easy way out.

No competition means no innovation and that leads us to where we are today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »