Home

Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/simradi...im-perspective
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Great show last night, I encourage everyone to listen to this when you get a chance. Ill share some highlights from the show real quick.

The guys played the game last week at a Community Day event. Here are their impressions.

The gameplay has improved since they last played in March.

The devs have implemented some things based on TSS' feedback at the last event.

The running game is really good and not overdone whatsoever. The control scheme is very much for the hardcore and not arcadeish at all.

You can pull off quite a few nice, realistic, jukes and spin moves just with the analog sticks.

Each RB had a different personality and felt different.Jamaal Charles felt different than Peyon Hillis, Darren Sproles, Lesean McCoy, Mikel Leshoure, Barry Sanders.

There are some gameplay things that have not been revealed yet on both sides of the ball. The blocking is very much improved and we'll hear more about that and these other gameplay improvements soon.

There won't be a major addition like precision modifier on defense but there are some things you can do to counter Rbs that will be discussed soon.

Running animations themselves(hunchback) still are not where they would like them but as a sim player, the running game is very much on point. One of the guys compared the running game to all pro football 2k8.

Neither of the trailers were a good representation of what they played last week. The game has improved quite a bit even since the Trey Wingo & Doug Martin trailer.

Trailers are made to show off what they are trying to showcase and are not an accurate portrayal of actual gameplay, keep that in mind until you see the actual gameplay and eventually play the demo/retail game for yourself.

The Force Impact system did not feel overdone and guys weren't flying back WWE style like we saw in the leaked footage from the Season Opener event. They will touch more on this once EA reveals more information on IE2 and FIS.

They are still tuning and fixing things and the WIP icon seems to actually mean something so far this year.

Current gen Madden 25 should lay a solid foundation for next gen and show us a small preview of what they are shooting for with the gameplay as we go into next gen era.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-08-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Any less ambiguous opinions shared? Your summary sounds like there was a lot said without saying anything.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Any less ambiguous opinions shared? Your summary sounds like there was a lot said without saying anything.
What do you mean? What are you looking for? It's a nearly 2 hour show, so I probably missed several things that were said.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i liked it happy to hear that more improvements on defense... i actually like defense on madden as a user..just some int animations got on my nerves. knowing that trip over crazy limb animations won't be there. for me i would like to see the entire defense use the correct animation for t step its in the game, but only a number of players on defense does it.

biggest for me tho is d line moves ...they didn't talk bout that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thanks JP I'm usually to busy to give these pod casts a listen so I appreciate the summaries. You are on the ball this year.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What do you mean? What are you looking for? It's a nearly 2 hour show, so I probably missed several things that were said.
I'm looking for actual info & details. I didn't want to listen to 2 hours worth of, "It's great, but we can't talk about it".
Old 05-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm looking for actual info & details. I didn't want to listen to 2 hours worth of, "It's great, but we can't talk about it".
Then listen to the show, I was just giving a brief summary. I don't remember everything was said, there was a lot of things said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »