Home

Old 05-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Best UDFAs

I play offline, so I look at the draft guides and spoilers (don't judge )

So does anyone have any UDFAs that they have found that have had either Quick/Superstar development?

I tend to notice that there are some solid UDFAs during the preseason which only appear bad because they have between 20-30 awareness. Their other attributes are quite solid. Case in point, after the Byron Steele draft I've found a WR who is 21, and has killer physical stats and a 99 kick return stat. He lacks a little in catching and is woeful in awareness (20). However, I've signed him for the year and will aim to lock him up long term at the end of the season. Why? Because awareness is cheap, and even if he sits on the bench all season, that 25K odd practice points will probably boost his awareness up to around 40-50, then by end of the next season it'll be up to 60-70 and he should be a solid 23 year old kick returner and reciever.

BUT, his development is only normal. ALOT of UDFAs are just normal.

From reading other threads i've seen there are some UDFAs that come through with superstar development and can usually be picked in the 6th-7th round of a draft. So I'm wondering if they are randomised or whether there are some that people can share in this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best UDFAs

I picked up a WR named Blake Shaddix in my first year draft of my Raiders CCM. It's the same class as QB Jay Macon and LB Jordan Johnson, who were my first 2 picks.

Shaddix is rated like 68 in year 2 but he plays a LOT better. He's slow, but catches everything that goes near him for me. Very dependable and clutch player.

Last edited by CatalystNX; 05-10-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

i look for cit/cat/rte/spc/jmp/krt for wr, then spd/agi/acc. awr i dont care. i play as coach. nearly always they are normal dev, as long as they dont drop passes then ill usually be fine. the speed of dev doesnt usually affect my players, most of the time my target for players is season objective not match. add practice at 1500 per and awr increases.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
Rookie

I once found a UDFA DE who had like 88 spd 85 str and 80 acc, plus good power moves and decent finese, his block shedding and pursuit/ awr were low, but he was a great project player.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
Pro

pacman5769's Arena

OVR: 2

I found an UDFA WR hes 6'2 whose attributes were 85 cat 87 CIT 85 spec cat..80 route 83 release 95 jumping..97 spd 86 acc ( not the best) and awr only 50 but hes turned into a beast in his 3rd season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
Pro

Xotros's Arena

Had a 6'7 WR udfa who had great CIT skills. Only a 59 overall but made for a great sub for when I was in the red zone. Would catch 5-10 tds a year

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
MVP

defence i dont care about awr, i focus on prc instead

my problem is there are a number of cbs that appear with good prc, zcv, pur, tkl, reasonable mcv and poo awr. id love to change them to s but of course i cant
Old 05-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #8
Just started!

It's the same class as QB Jay Macon and LB Jordan Johnson

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »