Home

Commentary improvement ideas from M13 to M25

This is a discussion on Commentary improvement ideas from M13 to M25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Commentary improvement ideas from M13 to M25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah, what you're talking about are bugs, which is something else on that front.
No offense, but that's a pretty big and recurring bug. Hopefully, its something that is easy to fix.

The generic stuff would also help that is current CFM commentary would also help negate the same intro lines call season. In the first few games of the year its great to talk about last year, but after that it should be based on the current year. Unless its a comparison between last year and this.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #18
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Just to touch on this point, I don't think you can ever completely do that if only because the most specific stuff is the stuff that sounds the coolest (to me) in terms of raw content. That's not to say talking specifically about your career isn't really awesome and impressive, but it's just not as interesting most of the time as you're building models that talk about certain situations rather than very specifically talking about a player/team. Of course the more specific, the less you want to hear it after the first time etc. etc. so there are positives and negatives to every angle you take.
I agree that you can't do that completely and that the majority of the specific stuff does sound cool but like you said, after the first time, I don't really want to hear it again. I don't really mind hearing it again, as long as it's relevant. I look at the QB intros most specifically. Last year, Matt Cassel's intro was: "Once a draft-pick in Major League Baseball and a long time back up to Tom Brady, here is quarterback Matt Cassel." "How about this, he wasn't good enough to play in college, but he's good enough to play in the pro's. Pro Bowl quarterback, Matt Cassel."

That sounds great for play now but in a franchise, I honestly don't want to hear it after about one game. I could live with it in the initial preseason opener or something but I feel like if you're playing franchise, their will always be several things more relevant to the incoming game than his career path. If I'm in Week 4 and he just threw 4 interceptions last week and lost, I'd rather hear about the rough game he had last we with an overlay of his last week's stats rather than his season totals. Same goes for a great game. If he's having a great season, I want to hear about how he might be on his way to a Pro Bowl birth while they show his season stats.

It lacks some specificity but creates immersion, which is the most vital part of a franchise/career mode. It makes you feel like Jim & Phil watched the other games over the week and did their homework. It also creates a multitude of situations that can be applied to any player over a long period of time, and still give off a 'fresh' feel because of it's relevancy to the current franchise.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:33 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

If next gen Madden commentary is no better than it is now, I will have lost all faith in the franchise.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #20
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Here is a link to the M13 playbook for Audio & Commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJYI...e_gdata_player

Is there any critical points anyone can detect in this video that may be contributing to the "fails".

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #21
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Yeah, what you're talking about are bugs, which is something else on that front.
Hey Chase any idea when we may get some information on Madden 25 audio and commentary improvements? I noticed there isn't a Playbook for audio listed in the features playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »