Home

Idea for QB awareness Attribute for M25

This is a discussion on Idea for QB awareness Attribute for M25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Idea for QB awareness Attribute for M25

Just a quick thought on the QB awareness attribute and wondering what you guy's opinions are on this idea.

For the most part I think it's safe to say that the QB awareness attribute really has no effect in game on the QB when user controlled. I was thinking about how some of the elite QB's are great at making o-line adjustments at the line of scrimmage when reading defenses. What if the awareness attribute were to be directly correlated to the QB automatically making adjustments to the O-line based upon what the D is showing him when he approaches the line of scrimmage.

This would provide a tangible difference between new rookie QB's with high physical attributes and their veteran counterparts because it would directly the affect the amount of time the QB would have in the pocket. The premise is basically the higher the QB awareness the better the QB will make adjustment in terms of picking up blitzes and blocking assignments. I believe this would add an interesting dimension to offense overall and better differentiate between new QB's and Elite veteran QB's with vast differences in the awareness attribute.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Idea for QB awareness Attribute for M25

I dig it, cool idea.

Hope it would be tied into more - as in pre-snap defensive player movement, fake show blitzes, timing the blitz to throw off high AWR QBs, option to limit "hot routes" (hot routing to block would be unlimited, but you would only have 1 "hot read" meaning you could only re-route one player per play), the ability to save setups (defensive adjustments) into play calls - ie every time I call 2 Man Under I want all receivers "shaded" to take away inside routes...
Old 05-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
Rookie

MaxxBoogieWS's Arena

OVR: 2

The awareness attribute can go far into each position in the game. You are right that there should be a difference between the 2 types of QBs but there should be a difference in every position with the awareness attribute.

The difference between a rook o-lineman and a veteran should be greatly increased. Same thing for DBs and d-linemen. A rookie o-lineman and veteran o-lineman shouldn't pick up a blitz the same way and a rookie o-lineman shouldn't be able to hold up Raji or Wilfork every play of the game. It makes me think of what attributes actually make a difference. Only speed, acceleration, hit power, elusiveness, and throw power come to my mind. If other attributes mattered then it would give Madden a more real experience.

Instead of just enhancing the awareness for QBs, it needs to be changed for alot of positions. Other attributes also need to actually make a difference in a player. Probably add more attributes as well.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I like the premise but I think the process of blocking adjustments is too intricate to just have it tied to QB AWR. Meaning, that would need to factor in the AWR of the positions on the OL too. I have stated a few times to make QB AWR matter as a standalone rating, it needs to be a modifier of QB accuracy, according to pressure.

Don't want to attempt to hijack anyone's thread, so to explain it simply, depending on how "clean" a pocket or free space a QB has when throwing, QB AWR would determine how diminished each QB's accuracy is, player's with the highest AWR would have the least diminished passing accuracy even under the heaviest pressure and vice versa for low AWR QB. This pressure effect of QB AWR would also include in-game factors, like playing on the road, 2 minute drill, 3rd n long, 4th down, playoff/elimination games, etc.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I like the premise but I think the process of blocking adjustments is too intricate to just have it tied to QB AWR. Meaning, that would need to factor in the AWR of the positions on the OL too. I have stated a few times to make QB AWR matter as a standalone rating, it needs to be a modifier of QB accuracy, according to pressure.

Don't want to attempt to hijack anyone's thread, so to explain it simply, depending on how "clean" a pocket or free space a QB has when throwing, QB AWR would determine how diminished each QB's accuracy is, player's with the highest AWR would have the least diminished passing accuracy even under the heaviest pressure and vice versa for low AWR QB. This pressure effect of QB AWR would also include in-game factors, like playing on the road, 2 minute drill, 3rd n long, 4th down, playoff/elimination games, etc.
There already are "modifiers" for accuracy based on pressure, feet set or not, and throw on run- granted that they are not well done on base settings, but I found they really come into play with a variations of Jarods slider set and while I agree that OL awr should be a factor I still like the idea of high awr QB "assisting" in protection calls, not saying a 99 awr QB should be infallible but I like the premise of that being an advantage of rolling with an elite veteran qb...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Brees2Graham's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I dig it, cool idea.

Hope it would be tied into more - as in pre-snap defensive player movement, fake show blitzes, timing the blitz to throw off high AWR QBs, option to limit "hot routes" (hot routing to block would be unlimited, but you would only have 1 "hot read" meaning you could only re-route one player per play), the ability to save setups (defensive adjustments) into play calls - ie every time I call 2 Man Under I want all receivers "shaded" to take away inside routes...
exacty what i was going to say! but i would think AWR would only effect the CPU qb since thats a qb we dont controll (unless you sim). another thing i think it should be tide to. is when it feels pressure to throw the ball away or scramble
Old 05-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

To tack on to this idea, perhaps have QB AWR affect the accelerated clock, with low AWR QBs sometimes getting out of the huddle later than high AWR QBs, minimizing time for preplay adjustments and/or forcing the burning of a timeout.

However it is done, there should be some penalty upon the user for starting a low AWR QB.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Great Idea.

The ability to audible a play call, switch reciever routes, and adjust blocking assignments should all be affected by the awareness rating. Or be broken up into their own individual ratings. In real life there is a reason why Payton Manning doesn't take alot of sacks (Every sack is no the o lines fault). Another option is just to do away with the awareness rating, and simply make new ratings that actually exhibit what the awareness rating allegedly does. I liked the ability (on one of the old maddens don't remember the year) for certain qbs to read a defense that was called over and over again. They should bring that back.

Additionally, I think that the amount of plays that an offense can run should be limited by qb awareness. A rookie qb with low awareness may only be able to call 30 percent of the playbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Just a quick thought on the QB awareness attribute and wondering what you guy's opinions are on this idea.

For the most part I think it's safe to say that the QB awareness attribute really has no effect in game on the QB when user controlled. I was thinking about how some of the elite QB's are great at making o-line adjustments at the line of scrimmage when reading defenses. What if the awareness attribute were to be directly correlated to the QB automatically making adjustments to the O-line based upon what the D is showing him when he approaches the line of scrimmage.

This would provide a tangible difference between new rookie QB's with high physical attributes and their veteran counterparts because it would directly the affect the amount of time the QB would have in the pocket. The premise is basically the higher the QB awareness the better the QB will make adjustment in terms of picking up blitzes and blocking assignments. I believe this would add an interesting dimension to offense overall and better differentiate between new QB's and Elite veteran QB's with vast differences in the awareness attribute.

Thoughts?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »