Home

Madden NFL 25 - Sideline & Back of Endzone Interceptions Are In (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Sideline & Back of Endzone Interceptions Are In (UPDATED) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Sideline & Back of Endzone Interceptions Are In (UPDATED)

Btw tfctillidie you forgot about Live and 2k, 2k took Live out of business because it was more realistic aka sim
Old 05-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #58
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
This thread does not do your arguments justice:

Create a "sim vs arcade: debate" thread and let us espouse there.

I would love to jostle with you guys but not here.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
I could do that as well, but my original argument was on topic. The thread is discussing to freeze or not to freeze INT. I say take it out of the equation by not playing D from the O's perspective.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
8-way running is NOT what makes the running in Madden unrealistic, nor is it responsible for swerve running. What is responsible for those two things is the fact that there is no footplanting, no slowing down to change direction, no loss of momentum, and no loss of balance.

Every game known to man has at least 8-way running in this day and age, from the sim to the arcade. That is a wholly separate issue from what makes Madden's running unrealistic.
Why do you continue to focus on "what you want to talk about" when I'm asking you a question.

Is 8 way running not a simulation improvement over 4 way running? Footplanting is not part of the question, but part of the following point.

If you agree that 8-way running is more sim than the previous (if you can focus for a minute, that is), would you then agree that 8-way is NOT arcade, but merely is broken because it lacks footplanting?

Thus concluding they add sim features, which some are broken, and thus are broken simulation features. They are NOT arcade features, they were NOT designed so we could swerve around like idiots, that was NOT the intent.

Yet you sit here bellowing out "THEY ARE MAKING AN ARCADE GAME"

Quote:
De Nile is not just a river. You want to think that the shift in focus of those games has nothing to do with their position in the current landscape or of the demise of their competition... ok. Either way, you prove my argument.

You are saying that the reason that those games have sold more is because they have no comp and it doesn't matter what they do in terms of realism? Ok, Madden has no comp either, so making an ultra realistic game will, likewise, not negatively impact sales, because there is nothing else to buy. So again, where is the downside to making a realistic game?

You can't have it both ways. Either a realistic Madden will sell despite being too realistic because there's no comp, or a realistic Madden will sell BECAUSE it is realistic. Either way, make the game realistic. Period.
I'm suggesting that there are many reasons as to why these games have the sales result they do. I gave the competition example, you could factor in the reduced cost of consoles over time, you could factor into what the real life leagues are going through, etc, etc.

You are making concrete claims that it's because they are "more sim" without any legitimate proof to that.

It's merely one possible part to the equation and nothing more, but to support your argument you seem to believe it's the end all be all explanation.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #60
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Forward the debate here

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=629774

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #61
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Why do you continue to focus on "what you want to talk about" when I'm asking you a question.

Is 8 way running not a simulation improvement over 4 way running? Footplanting is not part of the question, but part of the following point.

If you agree that 8-way running is more sim than the previous (if you can focus for a minute, that is), would you then agree that 8-way is NOT arcade, but merely is broken because it lacks footplanting?

Thus concluding they add sim features, which some are broken, and thus are broken simulation features. They are NOT arcade features, they were NOT designed so we could swerve around like idiots, that was NOT the intent.

I'm suggesting that there are many reasons as to why these games have the sales result they do. I gave the competition example, you could factor in the reduced cost of consoles over time, you could factor into what the real life leagues are going through, etc, etc.

You are making concrete claims that it's because they are "more sim" without any legitimate proof to that.

It's merely one possible part to the equation and nothing more, but to support your argument you seem to believe it's the end all be all explanation.

I've answered your question.

8-way running isn't a sim or non sim feature. It is a control mechanic. It is outside the scope of the game itself. It is no more or less sim than using a controller or a Wiimote.

I'm talking about the programming that interprets the input, not the input device used. They didn't implement 4-way running because it was arcade and they didn't implement 8-way running because it was sim. They implemented 4-way running because it made sense given the input device (D-pad) and changed it when the input device of choice changed (analog stick). This is not a feature of sim-ness anymore than a pressure sensitive button is or rapid fire is. The sim-ness or lack thereof is in the programming. Again, the deceleration, balance, momentum, etc.

There is more to support that a realistic game WILL sell than there is to support that it won't. I'll leave it at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #62
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Is it too late for EA to remove the pause? That was pure sweetness without the pause.
Glad we are seeing some things we've been wanted finally in. This "group" seems to be getting it so instead of saying "about time" and throwing in the negativity spin I'll just say, thanks.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie

So are you saying that a sim approach isn't what you want?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Btw tfctillidie you forgot about Live and 2k, 2k took Live out of business because it was more realistic aka sim
Actually, Live is coming back out, so, it's not out of business, yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »