Home

Sim vs Arcade: Madden Debate

This is a discussion on Sim vs Arcade: Madden Debate within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Sim vs Arcade: Madden Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Just 2 fairly arbitrary labels that are different to almost every single person due to the varying levels of both they actually want in the game.
This.

This is exactly why I never get involved in these debates. My 'sim' is different than your 'sim'. Sure certain things can be seemingly universally one way or the other, but there's even more that could be debated by both sides for days upon years. To each their own. I'm not entitled to tell someone that they're view or opinion is wrong.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #34
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
I want a simulation game & I want to have the ability to tell my player to do something.

If he can or can't is predicated upon the simulation aspect of the game.

Maybe he can't make the play because of skills etc, but i want the option/tools to be able to have complete control of my teams and players.

if I want to drop all 11 defenders into hooks I want to be able to do that.

make the game as simulation as possible thats what I want.
Has there ever been a defensive play in the NFL where the defense didn't rush 1 single person and had everyone playing a hook zone?

If not (and there hasn't been), what exactly would you be simulating by doing that?

And can't you already do this in Madden with defensive hot routes, if you have enough time?

Watch me play video games
Old 05-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #35
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

no SIM and Arcade cannot "co-exsist" in the same game . Not in a way to make both types of players happy.The Lobby Arcade players love to use any and every exploit the game has to win, its a win at any cost type of mind set. Its why you hardly find a SIM player wanting to play a random lobby game. SIM players expect realism in gameplay. They want it to be like a real football game you watch on tv. There are much higher standards for this. Which is why so many complaints happen with Madden. Year after year they allow glitches to the AI in areas , that after the first couple of months of it being out , there are tons of videos showing peps who to exploit them , and then you have trouble on your hands, if your wanting a real like football game. only way to fix it , is either make two dif games ( which you would think ea would love, more sales!!!) or make an option in the game itself , where when you boot up , you pick which "style" player you consider yourself, and then you get to play either the SIM version , or the Lobby version. thats about the only way it can be on the same disc and be ok .They are just two totally dif mindsets when it comes to a football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #36
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
....Auto Racing games seem to continuously strive for realism in how cars handle and interact with their environment....
Glad you pointed this out.

*Continually striving for realism
*How objects handle and interact with their enviornment

These are cornerstones.

In Madden, the continual strive for realism can be furthered in the stock of finances in career modes. It also rears its head in the relevance to get unis down to a T. I cannot fathom a Racing Sim not embracig the specs of their vehicles.

I only say a little but continually striving for realism covers the spread of what is embellished in a simulation product.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 05-14-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #37
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Has there ever been a defensive play in the NFL where the defense didn't rush 1 single person and had everyone playing a hook zone?

If not (and there hasn't been), what exactly would you be simulating by doing that?

And can't you already do this in Madden with defensive hot routes, if you have enough time?
is there a rule that says you cant drop all 11 defenders into hooks.

so, theoretically coaches can have their teams do that.

you can currently do this in madden. my point is that I dont want things like that to leave the game. That is the type of control I mean. I'm the coach when I'm playing I make the rules for my team.

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7

Last edited by sgibs7; 05-14-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: changed QB spies to hooks
Old 05-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #38
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
is there a rule that says you cant drop all 11 defenders into hooks.

so, theoretically coaches can have their teams do that.

you can currently do this in madden. my point is that I dont want things like that to leave the game. That is the type of control I mean. I'm the coach when I'm playing I make the rules for my team.
So the game gives you what you want currently, right?

Watch me play video games
Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #39
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
So the game gives you what you want currently, right?
no, it doesn't. There is a lot more I would like to see, but I still love it.

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #40
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I want a simulation game & I want to have the ability to tell my player to do something.

If he can or can't is predicated upon the simulation aspect of the game.

Maybe he can't make the play because of skills etc, but i want the option/tools to be able to have complete control of my teams and players.

if I want to drop all 11 defenders into hooks I want to be able to do that.

make the game as simulation as possible thats what I want.
I got you, but I'm not sure if you got me.

I was speaking specifically about the movement of the players and the animations. Having total control over strategy is something I'm fine with.

Many people are against having animations that force them to lose control, however without them you can never simulate deceleration, proper changes of direction, loss of balance, momentum, etc.

Those are things that Tiburon refuses to implement because they fear that the tourney crowd that they cater to will not stand for it. That's why the game moves like it's not of this world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »