Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2003, 07:04 PM   #9
MVP

jason8ooo's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

Cut down on the Online Disconnects.

- I got disconnected before opening COIN TOSS. I got charged for a loss
- I got disconnected with 2 seconds left in the 4th quarter!! I had one last heave into the endzone. I would have rather got a loss than a loss and a d/c
- If you have the lead and get a disconnect it should be a tie, (maybe not a tie, but something reasonable.) I can't really think of a solution for this but whatever.

By the way, I'm really liking candyman56's ideas!
Old 12-10-2003, 01:24 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Definately some good points,

Here are just a couple off the top of my head

1) Implement the head tracking. Once you see this in action in NCAA, you know how seet it is.

2) Less pancakes, but smarter OL play. I hate seeing my OL just stand there like a dead log and watching guys blow right by them. Put a hand out of something.

3) Please, please get rid of the Ping Pong physics. I hate seeing a RB bounce off and richocet off defenders to the endzone. There needs to be better transition animations here.

4) In Owner mode, allow us to Preview the completed Created stadium before be finish. It's impossible to tell if the options I put together look good or not and having to wait an entire Season or more to just see it finally, kills me.

5) Fix the Create-a-playbooks. I hate it when I create a defense play and assign my CB's to play Man Wr1 or Wr2 etc... and they DOn't follow the WR when they go in motion so I am left vunerable. Unless someone can point out what I did wrong (and I've tried all the options) I can't get a created Defense play to follow the WR.

6) CPU needs to throw more to the Star players. I play as the Az Cards and when I play SF, T Owens is always open but the QB rarely throws to him. It should exploit these mismatches at least on occasion by trying to go deep.

7) Which relates to #6. I'd like to see them balance itout a little better. I play on All-Madden and use basically Jstics sliders, but when I bump up the CPU Rb they are too supoerhuman, but bring it back down and they stink. Even the slider settings out a little more for All Madden and things would be great.

8) NFL Draft Combine. The feedback is getting better when you scout a player, but I rarely pay attention to the feedback. Instead, I'd like and additonal option to be able to setup my Needs and Prioritys and let my scouts suggest guys to me (Like ESPN).

9) I know this is not possible due to the NFLPA and such, but it would be great to finally see actual rosters and names of the Historic teams, instead of seeing the teams misnumbered and such.

10) Either drastically improve the cheerleaders at half time, or get rid of it completely. I'd rather see a slideshow of the cheerleaders than the zombies they have.

11) Better crowd noise. NCAA is great with this, but you can't even tell in Madden when you are playing a big game or not.

Well that's all for now. I love the game, but can't wait to see next years installment.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:12 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

They must bring back on field measurments.. I dont know why it was ever taken out C..ya
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2003, 04:14 PM   #12
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I would like to see playmaker features for the DL, LB, & OL

80 man preseason roster...

more defenseive playbooks and formation.

Challenges online.

Custom playbooks online..
Old 12-11-2003, 11:47 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

I agree MVB34...bigger rosters and MORE DETAILED challenges like ESPN. REAL playbooks too. We're still seeing too much of the same plays from Madden'97
Old 12-14-2003, 12:22 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

How about goaline and late game logic. Teams buck up inside their own twenty!

Also computer initiated trades. And why cant the computer controled teams use training camp to better their players too. And training camp is too drastic, you can make a 59 rookie quarterback into 90+ in less than five seasons.

More injuries, even if they are just a couple of plays, and more pentalties aside from holding and facemask. A more accurate challenging system. Better 2-minute offense.

And why dont computer teams ever run trick plays even if they have them in their playbooks. speaking of playbooks team specific playbooks and packages.

and computer teams need to adjust to your playing style so you cant run the same pass pattern thirty-five times in a row and get thirty-three touchdowns.

I love madden 2004, ive been playing it since the day it was release, but the more i play it the more i want an even better 2005!
Old 12-14-2003, 02:31 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

bigmoe said:
They must bring back on field measurments.. I dont know why it was ever taken out C..ya

Wow, forgot all about that one! I loved that when they had it! Bring It Back!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2003, 11:43 AM   #16
Rookie

KoachYo's Arena

OVR: 2

Since it is in NBA live. I would like to see players wearing different shoes in the game. Some players are Jordan (Moss, Sapp, George) and cannot be changed due to contractual issues.
If you can't get Nike, Adidas, and Reebok on board, at least make them look different with an EA brand or something. I would also like to have the option to wear black shoes or white. Lastly, change up the look of the gloves or something. The base color doesn't have to be black.

I know these aren't a priority for everybody. I would just like to see it changed a little.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »