Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2004, 11:25 PM   #65
W*nn*b* *S St*ff

x94blair33's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

What's either of your points? That's like saying as human beings we'll never perfect anything so we should just not bother to do anything.

I don't happen to agree with your arguement at all, but ignoring our differences in opinions, why are you lashing out because people were passionate enough about something to care?

-Nick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2004, 10:05 PM   #66
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm not lashing out, really, just ranting. It's sad, really, because I know the manufactures read this website and could easily come out with a game to satisfy almost every complaint....but then they'll pull an ESPN NBA BAsketball and take things out as well as add something...which is so frusturating b/c I wish they'd leave the game the same and add to it, kind of like we used to do with Mr. Potato Head as kid....we'd add the eyes, the nose, and pretty soon, he'd have a hat and some eyeglasses. Maybe this is a stupid analogy, but's it's like the video game makers will add the eyeglasses but take away the eyes....Am I making any sense? Probably not. Oh well. I tried.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:20 PM   #67
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

wildcatchild said:
I'm not lashing out, really, just ranting. It's sad, really, because I know the manufactures read this website and could easily come out with a game to satisfy almost every complaint....but then they'll pull an ESPN NBA BAsketball and take things out as well as add something...which is so frusturating b/c I wish they'd leave the game the same and add to it, kind of like we used to do with Mr. Potato Head as kid....we'd add the eyes, the nose, and pretty soon, he'd have a hat and some eyeglasses. Maybe this is a stupid analogy, but's it's like the video game makers will add the eyeglasses but take away the eyes....Am I making any sense? Probably not. Oh well. I tried.

What it sounds like is that you don't want people to complain and you want them to just accept whatever crap a company gives them.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:44 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 8

Decrease scoring
Your game involves too much scoring. And it's not correctable by sliders. It's cause you know that some plays will be almost sure to work and some not. Like if I want a sure completion I'll just call a quick out from the slot and I can't miss. This works no matter what the CPU defensive sliders are or what HUMAN offensive sliders are. I know a medium slant won't work. Hitches won't work 80% of the time. Drags are 90% bets. Post corners are the sure choices for deep routes. Normal deep posts won't work. A really short hook will work. GO routes are useless if you up CPU defensive sliders. Running draws doesn't work. Counters and other runs to the outside might work. Tosses and sweeps won't work most of the time.

You need to work on some of these parts of the game so that the player can't know what works and what doesn't work ahead of time. Like the screen in the game already. It's great cause you can never know whether it'll get you 15 yards or -2 yards or something in between.

Global rating edit sliders. I always feel the need to edit player ratings by position so that the game would play more like I want it to. But it's horrible to edit every player so add global player rating sliders so I can do i.e. this: if I want to lower the carry rating of QBs, HBs and WRs to create more fumbles I first select the position to edit and then set the number of points to add or take away. Or if I want to set every player of that position to a certain rating I can select that too.

Injury frequency slider and a separate injury length slider so I can set the game produce a lot more injuries for proper lengths. Injury length slider would determine the average length for injuries like one setting could be 1-4 weeks so that most injuries would be for that length.

Real salary cap
No more automatically getting 10 million more of cap room after every season, please. An on/off thing perhaps since some wouldn't like it.

Realistic sim stats
Let the players somehow determine how stats are simmed. All players don't play 8 minute quarters getting 80 total snaps per game. Simmed games' quarter length setting perhaps? With 15 being REALISTIC. Some are OK but I'm tired of seeing the average pass yards allowed being 160.

More above average free agents
Even in todays NFL players still move around a lot. Right now in Madden there really isn't a free agent market. I don't mean I want half of the 90 rated players out there but a lot more 80-95 rated players need to be there anyway.

Make it tougher to keep and get players
This binds to the fact that you're never short of cap room. But still, some players might want out of your team, some players wouldn't come to your team no matter what the pay, some players would tell you they especially like your team, some players demand a lot more money to stay (different than holding out) and so on. I want to feel the role of general manager by having to actually fight to keep players and get players to your team.

Punt return game
Way too easy. It's just a matter of choosing whether to take the 25+ yards or not. And when punting to the CPU you have to make them fair catch or it's almost always 205+ yards. In either case, the reason is too bad punt return coverage. Defenders (other than the wing men) are too slow to start covering the punt.

CPU AI
1)The CPU needs to know what works and what doesn't. If 15-20 yard passes aren't working, don't do it. If a team is dominating the CPU defensively, it needs to set up something high percentage to work its way to the game. If you're Peyton Manning against the Chiefs in the divisonal round keep everything as is. If you're Peyton Manning against the Patriots in the AFC Championship game, try and figure something out to get you going again.

Generally, try and make the CPU a little bit "aware" of what's going on in the field.

2)When the game is even and there's time for anything, the CPU should try and go for time consuming drives. All teams aren't ball control offenses but every team still wants to control the clock and get the possession time to their favor. Possession time is always a goal for eny team in any game. This should be present in Madden 2005.

3)Take away the strange hurry up mode that the CPU goes to regularly snapping instantly when it gets to the line. Cause it's nowhere near simulating the hurry up offense of reality, which is different from the no huddle. Hurry up is used at the end of games. No huddle is just a type of offense to keep the defense confused but isn't normally any faster than huddling up.

4)From the half way point of the third quarter, the CPU has to start playing the clock game if it's up by at least 17 points. That means more runs, no more 15+ yard passes and no running up the score. Just using every second of the clock. But if the CPU is down considerably, it still shouldn't go to a hurry up offense (no huddle maybe but not hurry up) before the final minutes of the 4th quarter cause in reality players and coaches aren't able to do this.

Let the player set the accelerated clock
I like to play 15 minute quarters. I'd like to see the CPU using every second of the play clock frequently. So I'd set the accelerated clock to always go down to 12 instead of 19. Also, other players that play shorter quarters could customize their number of snaps in a game to perfection this way.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:55 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just a few ideas to throw around for next year's version:
1.head tracking on passes a la NCAA...
2.different stirrup lenghts....not all players wear these the same lenght!
3.a new juke system...when running you press a button to begin the fake out,which should look like barry sandres stutter stepping,at the same time you choose left or right to determine which direction to take after the fake.The defense counteracts by guessing which side you're diving to just like a real defender would.If the defense is wrong,you just claimed their jockstrap,but if they guessed right you go down hard.of course,the defense could just go straight for you while you're stutter stepping and wipe you out.
4.NEW POST PLAY ANIMATIONS PLEASE!!!!
5.when creating a player you should be able to assign him at least 2 custom td celebrations,kinda like nfl street.The choices should include a host of celebrations,not just the one we saw the past year...the duckwalk,chad johson posing for pictures,electric shuffle,primetime's dance,dirty bird,st louis bop and weave,mile high salute etc.It really sucks to lose a celebration forever once the player retires!!
6.speaking of celebrations...where is the lambeau leap?ant TO's pom pom dance
7.the sidelines need to be crowded and more interactive...if you break a play and are running up your sideline your teammates should be cheering and running up with you.
8.bring back the measuring for 1st downs animations.
9.LATE HITS!!!bring these back...but counter them with player fines and suspensions(severe ones)!
10.more physically detailed player models...more muscle definition,etc.
11.better looking uniforms...take a look at ESPN football!
12.NEW UNIFORM DESIGN INTERFACE...When designing uniforms for created teams have it so you can pick any teams existing uniform design,right down to the number style.Then pick your 2 color choices and the computer automatically assigns it to your uniform based on the way the team you modelled it after has their color scheme set up.That way you don't infringe on the NFL policy of not modifying their existing uniforms.So that way i can have the ram's uniform,but in say...Miami's colors (with a created logo on the helmet and sleeves of course)
13.More accesories..hand towels(like gameday),hand warmers,licensed shoes,black qb wristbands,etc.
14.If a player like moss gets traded,then whatever signs he had in the metrodome should move to his new home.
15.Really BAD weather from time to time...completely soaked and muddy fields during really bad rain,and DEEEEEEP snow,like we saw with miami at new england this season.These should happen very randomly tough,which would encourage us to sim less games so we get a chnace at seeing this.
16.better hair styles..long hair is nice,but shockey looks like he has a kung fu style ponytail hanging out his helmet.
17.show cutscenes of injured players on the sidelines in street clothes.
18.MORE ATMOSPHERE!!!!Playoff-off games should be really loud from the start,the commentary is letargic,the superbowl doesn't seem special,and the celebration is lame and too short.where's the confetti pouring down in domes,the gatorade after big wins,the reporters rushing out to snap shots.make it seem worthwhile to get there!!
19.commentary for records about to be broken...a la NCAA!!

Here's the rest:
20.upgrades that actually show up!use a point and click system to add a jumbotron or super screen you just bought,or add a medical facility that looks like a luxury box.If I add a new light system,make the field brighter.
21.Special player intros for division championships and the superbowl.NCAA does a great job of presentation on their bowl games...especially right before kickoff when every flash bulb in the house goes off!
22.diving over the pile at the goalline.Which can be counteracted by a matching play..super tecmo bowl style.
23.more stadium types and different architecture styles.How about stadiums with only 2 decks for those of us on a budget ?
24.the ability to ACTUALLY jump for a pass on command.I can't believe you let NFL Gameday do this better than you !
25.Day to night transitions during games!
26.Hall of fame.
27.pictures of trophies won,like NCAA does in their game.
28.NEW ANIMATIONS!!!like players tucking in jerseys,arguing with the ref,talking to each other on the bench,better looking one hand catches.It's time for something NEW!!!
27.ability to choose what you are challenging on the play,like ESPN football.
28.Determine what coach will affect your style.the OC or the HC.And have the DC actually affect your defensive style.
29.Pick a type of quarterback..pocket,scrambler or Manning(calling audibles at the line),If a create a qb with speed to avoid the rush,that doesn't mean I want him to challenge for the rushing title.
30.forget the zombie cheerleaders.take it back to 1993 with the highlights of key plays in other games around the league.
31.Give the commentators some coffee and a stat sheet so the can say [censored] related to the game at hand...like:"he's leading the league in td's"!!and tell them it's football not golf they're watching.
32.better facial models.NFL street has a nice look in the facial dept.
33.better stop and cut animations...again,gameday does this nice just kinda slow.
34.Actual combine,this was in the old games too,why not bring it back?
35.Why not get Sports Illustrated for this game too?
36.accurate injuries...why am I holding my wrist when I sprained my shoulder.
37.better weather effects and more accurate weather patterns.
38.Ability to talk someone out of retiring.
39.BIGGER HITS !!!
40.and since I'm out of ideas...An OUTDOORS practice facility.
41.Better computer A.I. in terms of substitutions.I think ANY QB should get benched after 5 picks if his backup has a rating of at least 75.
Here's hoping EA drops by lol!
Old 01-31-2004, 10:06 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Madden 2004 is a great game, the best in the Franchise! However, it was almost completely undone by the pathetic representation of the Playoffs and Super Bowl. If I win a playoff game, make it look and feel different than my first Pre Season Game. Just adding an NFL Wild Card logo on the field doesn't cut it. Where are the end of game awards presentation for the Conference Championship? These guys have just made it to the Super Bowl and they react the same way as an August training camp game. I'm sure there is a better celebration than just having your WR shaking the damn camera.

The Super Bowl was horrrrrrrible, it's exactly the same as a Pre Season game as far as atmosphere. My only reward for winning the greatest event in sports is a lame animation of the same ending of every other game except the guy waving to the crowd has a tiny Lombardi trophy in his hand. It looks as if EA almost forgot and then remembered, hey this is the Super Bowl we should add a trophy. What a rip off!

MY WISH: MAKE THE PLAYOFFS' PRESENTATION DIFFERENT FROM REGULAR AND PRE-SEASON, MAKE THE SUPER BOWL, THE SUPER EVENT IT IS

I'm not going to make [censored] idle threats about never buying another EA game. I'll be reserving my copy later this year like I do every other year.

Remember EA, if it's in the game, it's in the game!!
Old 02-05-2004, 01:31 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 8

Red zone has to be harder than the rest of the field.
Less space, less chances to score the TD. Running and passing. Human and CPU.

CPU has to be more aware of the first down line and overall playing for the next first down.
Especially what play to call and how to run it. I hate seeing the CPU going three and out on me by trying a 13 yard pass to double coverage when it's 3rd and 2. The CPU should call the play so they get the first down as easy as they can unless something bigger is really wide open.

Another thing that's wrong is that the CPU frequently goes three and out cause they call wrong plays in the wrong situations. Don't try and run on 2nd and 10 routinely. Sometimes but not frequently. And really, call the right routes when it's 3rd and medium or short. And if it's a short yardage run it's mostly right up the middle. Not a stupid *** toss that has three guys right there after the lateral.

Some teams are ball control teams and some not (which I hope to see in 2005) both in their pass and run calls. However, there are certain basics in what kinds of plays to call on third down and when just trying to get the next first down. Try to make the CPU more intelligent in getting first downs.

More fumbles especially by the QB when he's sacked
Fumbles need to a lot bigger part of the game than it is now. Add a slider or something to control this to everyone's liking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2004, 05:30 PM   #72
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow u guys got busy with your ideas. Great work, and to the brother that stated that no company will make a perfect game is correct, but these companies do listen to ideas and impliment some of them, so its cool to shed some ideas. If u want to stay with one game thats your choice and should be respected, but other brothers want the new features and rosters of the new game.

My wish list is simple but wont happen, but u never know.

I play both Madden and ESPN football. They are both great and do somethings better than the other.

One thing I do wish for is that EA keeps the A.I and maybe tweaked it some but please use the same graphics as ESPN football. The graphics and animations from ESPN are great , but maddens A.I is much sharper. Since EA has the A.I pretty much there , all they need to do is upgrade the graphics.
Then its pretty much a wrap for EA.

Sega needs to get the A.I done better or its lights out once EA hooks up the graphics and gameplay.

ALso EA please go on XBOX Live.

Thanks
Tyrant 8 RDFL
Real Deal For Life

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »