Home

Realism vs. Real (Which is more important to you and why?)

This is a discussion on Realism vs. Real (Which is more important to you and why?) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Realism vs. Real (Which is more important to you and why?)

I see two factions of Madden Fans. Those who want Realism(the tendency to view or represent things as they really are.). And those who want the game to be REAL (being actually such; not merely so-called).

For example the realism fan doesn't mind made up draft classes as long as the game play, plays as a close to real as possible. The realism fan views madden as fictional world with characters from the real world.

The "REAL" fan wants the game to be an exact replica of the NFL and real life. They want current college players to be drafted into Madden the first 4 years. They want their season stats to match up with the NFL season stats for all 32 teams.

I personally am a fan of realism. To me Madden is a fictional world and can never be an exact replica of the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Realism vs. Real (Which is more important to you and why?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I see two factions of Madden Fans. Those who want Realism(the tendency to view or represent things as they really are.). And those who want the game to be REAL (being actually such; not merely so-called).

For example the realism fan doesn't mind made up draft classes as long as the game play, plays as a close to real as possible. The realism fan views madden as fictional world with characters from the real world.

The "REAL" fan wants the game to be an exact replica of the NFL and real life. They want current college players to be drafted into Madden the first 4 years. They want their season stats to match up with the NFL season stats for all 32 teams.

I personally am a fan of realism. To me Madden is a fictional world and can never be an exact replica of the NFL.
Wait... what?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

re·al, real

/ˈrē(ə)l/, /rāˈäl/
Adjective
Actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed: "Julius Caesar was a real person".

re·al·ism

/ˈrēəˌlizəm/
Noun
  • The attitude or practice of accepting a situation as it is and being prepared to deal with it accordingly: "a new mood of realism".
  • The view that the subject matter of politics is political power, not matters of principle
Old 05-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Ok, to be fair, a realist has a separate reality from another realist just like one real estate agent has a separate reality and focal point than than another real estate agent in the same field.

The argument will always be objected by the differing sides no matter how many are deemed realists because they all have a different judgment of real.

I do not know how long this thread will survive as there is already one active with a more clear distinction.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Wait, in one tongue you are saying real vs realism then in another tongue you call one group the real group but yet they are looking for real too? The very thing they have been labeled as? Then the realism group is looking for realism too? Is the realism group not a group of real (existing) people?

Im out - come join the party in session.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0
Someone close this thread. There is already one like this floating around.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
This topic is similar but adds a third layer. Arcade vs. realism vs. sim.

I put myself in the realism category.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

What's next hardcore vs casual? Come on guys. There's already a sim vs arcade thread. Mods shut it down!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »