Home

The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

This is a discussion on The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Matthew Coe,

You and I need to go to the EA office and show them this list, and say. "PUT THIS IN GAME NOW." This is probably the greatest thing I've read about Madden 25 since I started keeping up with this game. I agree a hundred and ten percent. For some odd reason, EA really dropped the ball on Madden 13, in my opinion it was not condusive to people who play OFFLINE, it was all for those who play ONLINE, connected careers was the dumbest thing ever. No CPU vs CPU, no way to feel like you were playing an actual franchise mode with YOUR team.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #34
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

Totally agree on Owner Mode. I absolutely adored that feature in Madden 2004.

Heck, I still look for sports video games that will let you be the team owner, and I go hungry. The closest I can find is Football Manager 2013 (that's soccer in the US and some small countries), and as awesome as that game is, even that misses the mark. (Still a wonderful game that's worth playing, even if you're not a soccer fan, though.)

With this leaked announcement of Eddie DeBartolo Jr., it's got me really excited for this year's Madden, so I looked up his episode of "A Football Life" on YouTube. Wow, he sounds like he was a wonderful owner. Any long-time Niners fans on here want to vouch for that?

I remember back in the day, I had the option to build a new stadium (another feature I simply loved). I even got to choose the corporate sponsor--in my case, the place wound up being named the Castrol Dome, after the brand of motor oil. But what really sold it for me was hearing Al Michaels ACTUALLY SAY "Welcome to the Castrol Dome" as a game started. Man, I love the little things like that--it's almost enough to make me dig up my old copy of Madden 2004 just for that!

I mean, surely we can prove we can run a sports team better than Jerry Jones or *shudder* Bud Adams.

For those that don't remember, Bud Adams is the man responsible for taking the Houston Oilers and moving them to Tennessee. And on top of that, he one-upped Art Modell--he deliberately spent a season as the "Tennessee Oilers" just so no future Houston NFL team could use the name. Even Modell didn't do that.

Want to send a failing team to Los Angeles? Can do! Want to send a team to San Antonio or El Paso (population about 750,000)? Equally possible! Want to send a team to, of all impractical places, Anchorage, Alaska? Oh heck yeah. (And yes, Anchorage really was an option in Madden 2004.)

And hey, with the vast array of options that Owner Mode enables, you could move the Cleveland Browns--again. But only a sick jackass would do that.

...I think you can tell from my geeking out that I'm really, really hyped. Seriously, looking forward to the 20th for more news!

But in the meantime, just in case I'm disappointed, is there any other sports game that lets you be the owner? Does Out of the Park Baseball 14 do that? That game looks neat.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 33
I'd just be happy with a 32 Team Control Franchise mode & a menu system that didn't look & navigate like something from a SEGA Master System.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #36
Rookie

Ninomarley's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
My list:
  1. Full editing at all times.
  2. Teambuilder (or equivalent).
  3. 32 team control (but I guess, owner mode would be the same thing).
  4. (Working, non-glitchy) NCAA draft class imports.
  5. Classic teams (that you could edit, too).
I remember back in the day being able to play as the Houston Oilers with all new players, if I wanted to. Those were good days.
You spoke to my soul with that wish List! *The key is no freezing up on me during my draft! Just wanted to give u a well said on that list..
Old 05-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #37
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I wouldn't really call this a feature I remember this from Madden 96 and wouldn't mind seeing pictures like this in the newsfeed of a CCM.

Man this would be something to see in the draft.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1
I vote for bringing back the ability to play a season offline with multiple teams....can't really get into Madden 13 because that feature was taken out
Old 05-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #39
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

Without a doubt, mini-camp drills. Very fun, and useful if you had a young player you wanted to help progress faster in the off season.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #40
Banned

bear_down520's Arena

OVR: 0
QB Vision was the worst thing to ever happen to Madden before CCM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »