Home

The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

This is a discussion on The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #65
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

If/when we can actually control where we throw the ball, will also automatically add in realistic over/under throws. Not to mention a WR with an option route that reacted to a DB and ran a hook but we didn't read it the same and threw the original call, a fly...adds a lot to the passing game.

We never see realistic underthrows,overthrows because the ball and WR are joined together in the programming IMO.

X for X is tired, old and outdated for 2014. Just give us some options.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-16-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #66
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
If/when we can actually control where we throw the ball, will also automatically add in realistic over/under throws. Not to mention a WR with an option route that reacted to a DB and ran a hook but we didn't read it the same and through the original call, a fly...adds a lot to the passing game.

We never see realistic underthrows,overthrows because the ball and WR are joined together in the programming IMO.

X for X is tired, old and outdated for 2014. Just give us some options.
100 percent agree,
Why don't they jack Back Breaker's throwing control scheme and improve it.
I'm still waiting to the catch animation where the receiver does a hitch and the Qb throws the ball low and short, and the receiver has to do a forward dive towards the low thrown ball, this is such a common catch, and it's still not in the game.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 05-16-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 19
restructuring contracts
Old 05-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
100 percent agree,
I'm still waiting to the catch animation where the receiver does a hitch and the Qb throws the ball low and short, and the receiver has to do a forward dive towards the low thrown ball, this is such a common catch, and it's still not in the game.

yup!! they need to to implement a total control passing scheme using the both sticks/controls. They have it in games have it for basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, tennis etc. Its about time EA football implements this.

on a side note, Back breaker had some great features. I wonder if they will be releasing a game on the new consoles. Backbreaker just needed a better camera angles and presentation.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #69
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Just to clarify.. I'm not saying take away X-X system.
I simply want a new refreshing passing system as an option to use.

I still love Fevers system and with a few tweaks it could have been a great one.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #70
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
100 percent agree,
Spoiler
That is just basically the vision cone, minus the specific moves (ie you have to move Lstick rather than hold LT and press icon - the actual throw is kinda cool, but really nothing more options wise than Madden's ole boring icon button mashing.

I agree that passing is a bit stale, but I feel it is because the passes are not "route based" meaning the receiver should run the route regardless of how the QB throws the ball - ie receiver can't adjust to ball before he "locates" it. That and the "accuracy windows" EA uses are far too small. If said "windows" were expanded it would add a bit of stick skill requirement to throw low but not hit the dirt, or high without "sailing" the pass.

You could have option routes where based on when you (the QB) throw is essentially your read - ie hook - corner if you throw one step or more before the "break point" the QB is throwing the hook, once he hits the "break" stride a throw would result in the corner - this would allow for "miscommunication".

I did not enjoy backbreaker, far too difficult to me to "look left and swing all the way back across the field - I liked doing that with vison cone when we had it as it sort of replicated "looking off" the safety. I also hated the "view" as "first person" views fail to account for peripheral vision and instincts - come to think of it I hate Madden's view on punt returns because you can run right into a tackle going east-west - essentially running right into a defender you would have seen, because he is right in front of your face.

I wish that there was a way to "key" the QB's head (vision) to a head set with some sort of head tracker. Playing on a large enough TV, or in my case the projection screen I have to turn my head to see the sides - wonder if next gen consoles would allow for that, although if you are playing on a 32" TV you don't have to turn at all to see whole field.

And for the record, I am not hating on the idea of a change to the mechanics - would prefer they expanded the "windows" and made all passing route based first, but I am always for options - just don't see a way, in my own imagination, that would be logical and allow a throw to any spot on the field - so I was curious if someone had "dreamed up" a new "mechanic" for passing...
Old 05-16-2013, 01:47 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 11
Everything they took out of 12 needs to be back in th game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1
Classic Teams, Franchise, Would love to hear some smack talk on the field from the players. It would make the game much more realistic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »