Home

EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary

This is a discussion on EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Why? That's not logical thinking, history says the price will go up.
It does? Weren't new SNES catridges $60 back in the day?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #26
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary

The_Rick_14: Because cartridges were far more expensive to manufacture than discs. Which is why the industry stopped using carts in the first place.

It was also a major mistake in the Nintendo 64's design--everyone else had moved on by then. N64 games may have booted up instantly, but they also cost as much as $75.

Trust me--been a gamer and Nintendo fan (and recovering fanBOY) since 1986. It hurts me to think of the mistakes they (and I) made back then.

And for those curious...I WOULD have quoted his post directly, but the image was so large, the Quote button was moved off-frame. I wish I knew how to get it to stop doing that with big images on these boards.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #27
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I actually will be surprised if they do go up.
Same here. And frankly IF the games do release at 70.00 I can honestly say it will be "Wait for the GOTY edition" or certainly wait for some sales etc..
Not a chance I pay 70.00 for a game especially when I get the feeling we will be micro transactioned to death also.

We'll see...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #28
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Why? That's not logical thinking, history says the price will go up.
It is logical if you're actually looking at the history of gaming, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #29
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same here. And frankly IF the games do release at 70.00 I can honestly say it will be "Wait for the GOTY edition" or certainly wait for some sales etc..
Not a chance I pay 70.00 for a game especially when I get the feeling we will be micro transactioned to death also.

We'll see...
I wouldn't be surprised in the lightest at all, but their reasoning is completely stupid. They are saying that the technology is a dramatic increase, compared to the 360/PS3, yes, but the PS4/720 are looking to have specs of really good PC of today, which games are already selling for $60 or even less (Steam and Amazon give great deals on PC games.) It's a business and the companies are looking more and more to get money out of your pocket, especially since EA said they are dropping the online pass finally because of it's feedback. It was $50 last gen, and this gen it's seen as $60. While I don't expect the games right away to be $70 (because it would hurt sells of the new systems,) I expect in a year after the releases of the new systems for the prices to go up (though I wouldn't want to be the first guy to do it.)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #30
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It is logical if you're actually looking at the history of gaming, lol.
I am looking at history, but Im not gong back to cartridge days because that was a different type of technology. I starting with the PS1 at 39.99, PS2 49.99, PS3 59.99, you get it? Why would they stop? Mostly these companies will try to cash in before disc become obsolete for gaming in 10 years.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #31
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
I wouldn't be surprised in the lightest at all, but their reasoning is completely stupid. They are saying that the technology is a dramatic increase, compared to the 360/PS3, yes, but the PS4/720 are looking to have specs of really good PC of today, which games are already selling for $60 or even less (Steam and Amazon give great deals on PC games.) It's a business and the companies are looking more and more to get money out of your pocket, especially since EA said they are dropping the online pass finally because of it's feedback. It was $50 last gen, and this gen it's seen as $60. While I don't expect the games right away to be $70 (because it would hurt sells of the new systems,) I expect in a year after the releases of the new systems for the prices to go up (though I wouldn't want to be the first guy to do it.)
Most gaming PC's are more expensive than home consoles and you have to upgrade your PC components every few years that's why their games are cheaper. The home console strategy is to sell the consoles cheap and make the money back on game sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2013, 03:00 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

Is it really that great a leap forward compared to current gen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »