Home

EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary

This is a discussion on EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
From what the PS3 was, yes. But in overall terms of all possible game systems, no. It's basically going to be a medium-high end PC (assuming 720 is similar to the PS4.) The problem though will be a few years down the future that the PS4/720 will have outdated systems because PC's evolve very fast every few years and get better and faster.
Both systems spec to mid range PCs, true. However, they are focused on delivering high end HD graphics at speed. The PS4 has 8 gigs of dedicated RAM memory. In comparison, almost all off the shelf PCs TODAY (not knowing what the future holds) have 2-4 gb max. I assume the Infinity (Nextbox) will be similar. What this means is that you will have better graphics, delivered at speed, with tons of bells and whistles able to go off in the background to provide realistic environments with zero slowdown (for Madden, active sidelines? moving clouds?) PLUS spectacular, true lighting and shadows (the stadium environments should be off the hook). Which doesn't sound great but if you see it in action, is awesome.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary

So if I have Directv already, but not renewing Sunday Ticket, can I get this special edition of Madden to watch the games on my laptop?
Old 07-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #51
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
So if I have Directv already, but not renewing Sunday Ticket, can I get this special edition of Madden to watch the games on my laptop?
Yes you can. There is a huge thread over at slickdeals.net regarding people buying this just for the stream access and selling the game for $50 on eBay. My internet connection sucks so it's not worth it for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe1980
Wow. What an articulate way to say absolutely nothing.

"Double-down" on game play? WTH does that mean? Only thing EA has 'doubled-down' on during this gen is the old add/remove feature trick. We couldn't even edit players in franchise (career mode, whatever) in 13, people, until the outcry was so great EA patched it in. Think about that. Something we were doing 15 years and two gens ago we couldn't do last year.

This game has ceased being a release-date buy for me. Tired of getting burned.
Well, technically, what they are saying is true.

Double of nothing is still nothing, so even with nothing, they can still accurately say they "doubled down" when they were doubling down on nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I like how they talk about the license and point out that it brought us great things like the Pigskin Pro Am and the cover vote. Really? You tried to spin the exclusive as a positive by pointing out those? Come on, Man.

They also mentioned how this is the culmination of 8 years of innovation and that they are red lining what these systems can do. Madden 13 introduced CCM which supposedly gave them 3x the space since they didn't have to program for franchise, superstar and online separately. How is the system redlining now...unless it's been redlining for years.

These are the reasons people are always down on Madden and EA. The company responses just make it worse.
100% this.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

I wonder if I have to become an actual DTV customer to redeem the free year of Sunday Ticket.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:56 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 0
DTV isn't really giving away Sunday Ticket with madden. They do this same promotion every year at the beginning of football season. Sign up for DTV and get Sunday Ticket for free. The only thing this does is give current subscribers online viewing for free, which can be negotiated on if you call DTV's customer service.

2020: 52-39
Old 10-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #55
Just started!

Madden on next consoles will go through another cycle of the Madden '06 business model.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #56
Rookie

I really hope they lose the exclusive license. I'm tired of ea and their lazy lack of efforts.

2k and the folks who make MLB the show could do a much better job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »