Home

EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary

This is a discussion on EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tec...-sunday-ticket
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary

“Madden 25 on Xbox 360 and PS3 really represents the culmination of eight years of innovation.."

Anyway, glad to see there is still no confirmation of an extension of the exclusive license, hopefully the "relationship" between EA and the NFL allows the NFL to "see" other studios, lol.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports talks NFL exclusive license, next-gen systems, and Madden Anniversary

I am a DirecTV subscriber since December 2010, but if I do this I don't get to watch ST on my TV? That doesn't make any sense to me....
Old 05-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm really more so interested on how the game will play on the next gen systems seeing as how they said they'll be able to "hit the ground running". It seems as though they'll be able to capitalize on the technology faster than they did this gen.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
I'm really more so interested on how the game will play on the next gen systems seeing as how they said they'll be able to "hit the ground running". It seems as though they'll be able to capitalize on the technology faster than they did this gen.
It's not just that, they've been working on next gen for almost two years now. Kolbe joined the team in December 2011 and started working with them on it back then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I am a DirecTV subscriber since December 2010, but if I do this I don't get to watch ST on my TV? That doesn't make any sense to me....
It makes complete sense.

EA get's extra sales from people who will want to take advantage of this and DTV get's new subscribers because of it. Win-Win.

Any business is always about new business....
Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It makes complete sense.

EA get's extra sales from people who will want to take advantage of this and DTV get's new subscribers because of it. Win-Win.

Any business is always about new business....
Yes, but I still think I would be able to watch it on my tv, I'm going to call DTV and find this out. I'm also going to find out if it auto-renews for 2014.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

"We’ve double-downed on gameplay the last few years"
Wow X 100000000.
I really dissagree with this because they just introduced Infinity Ragdoll last year and before that, according to their own admission, the gameplay aspect was well behind the standard set by other sports games.
In other words, it's been the same for several years.

"I think it’s fair to say that what we’ve done the last couple of years is make sure that anything we invest in is not a throw-away"It’s not a mode that we do and then take out.
I don't know if it's even worth countering this lie with several features that have gone through the rinse-repeat or just flat out removal.
(Player Ratings Editing comes to mind first)

"Everything we’ve done the last two to three years has been through the lens of preparing ourselves for the future"
The issue with this statement is that outside of the introduction of their version of Physics (Infinity), Madden has had "Nothing" new added to the game because things were added, then taken away, or simply left in with no improvement what so ever.

Madden on next consoles will go through another cycle of the Madden '06 business model.
As the only NFL developer, release a visually upgraded game while taking baby steps at $60+ towards building at the genre standards as a whole.
And this is evident according to the statement below.

In the end, what you’re going to end up with is the best ‘Madden’ on Gen-3"
They "NEVER" compare their product to the best or even the base standard in the genre, but like to keep comparisons internal to imply that their product is an improvement based off of the precious releases.

One of the greatest statements ever made:
"To be the best, you got to beat the best!!!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »