Home

QB Injuries

This is a discussion on QB Injuries within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
QB Injuries

I don't know if this has been touched on before, but I think it is a big issue. Not once in Madden 13 did I see a QB get injured for even a play, no matter what his injury rating was. I played exclusively online franchise, and in 6 seasons I did not see one QB on the injury report, not one. Which made having a backup pointless. I could literally run at will with RG III take 15 hits a game, with no risk of injury. I surely hope EA has addressed this. along with the lack of OL injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: QB Injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I don't know if this has been touched on before, but I think it is a big issue. Not once in Madden 13 did I see a QB get injured for even a play, no matter what his injury rating was. I played exclusively online franchise, and in 6 seasons I did not see one QB on the injury report, not one. Which made having a backup pointless. I could literally run at will with RG III take 15 hits a game, with no risk of injury. I surely hope EA has addressed this. along with the lack of OL injuries.
its been brought up a few time's and i agree it seems like qb's cant get injuried but yet anybody that hits the qb seems to be made out of glass and get injuried. i hope both get fixed in 25.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

The lack of OL injuries is a long-time issue. In Madden, players only get hurt when they tackle or when tackled so ... until they revamp the way players get injured i have no hope they fix anything ...

Last edited by NikeBlitz; 05-17-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

There is definitely an issue with injuries and how they are calculated....I have never seen an OL or DL player go down...I have knocked a QB out for a few plays but that was it....

I can see the QB's being very difficult to injure as EA's way of representing what the NFL is trying to do, in treating QB's with kid gloves because they are big money and touch the ball the most....Still, a running QB should not be protected, but treated as any other ball carrier....
Old 05-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
Injuries are the way they are for a reason. If the NFL actually got what they wanted, there would be ZERO injuries at all since the NFL doesn't want to show that.

EA got the injuries in, but very very limited.

Which sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
It's been mentioned a few times already here but yeah, your right. They really need to fix this...
Old 05-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

It's been mentioned a few times here already but yeah, you are right. They really need to fix this...

Old 05-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #8
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I've had my starting QB go down with an injury before. Most notably, I was doing a Vikings CCM and Ponder got hurt for ~6 weeks.

Yankees: #AllRise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »