Home

Madden 13: Worth The Buy?

This is a discussion on Madden 13: Worth The Buy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

BamBam_db's Arena

OVR: 2
Madden 13: Worth The Buy?

So I am looking at buying Madden 13. I originally held off because I am a big franchise guy and was worried about the Connected Careers ability to edit player equipment. I Have a few questions for those on these boards who obviously own the game. Thanks in advance!

1. Can you edit equipment and jersey numbers in CC? I heard that it was taken out to stop the editing of players for roster purposes or something. However I have also heard that it might have been fixed and we can edit numbers and equipment via patch post release? I dont have the game so im not sure if that is true. And if the ability to edit those aspects is in I would be very happy.

2. How does the real time physics engine actually work? I heard that this madden was the most realistic feeling football game ever. Is that true? Do bigger backs push forward and size actually matter? Again havent played it and I have heard good things.

3. Since Franchise Mode was taken out and switched to Connected Careers, how much of a change does that have?

Thank you to everyone who sheds some insights!
"If you don't write checks how you pay these guys?"
"Straight cash homie."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 13: Worth The Buy?

1. Can you edit equipment and jersey numbers in CC? I heard that it was taken out to stop the editing of players for roster purposes or something. However I have also heard that it might have been fixed and we can edit numbers and equipment via patch post release? I dont have the game so im not sure if that is true. And if the ability to edit those aspects is in I would be very happy.
1. yes you can.

2. How does the real time physics engine actually work? I heard that this madden was the most realistic feeling football game ever. Is that true? Do bigger backs push forward and size actually matter? Again havent played it and I have heard good things.
2. I've personally used a bigger back and he plowed through the D-Line with ease.

3. Since Franchise Mode was taken out and switched to Connected Careers, how much of a change does that have?
3. Its Just superstar and franchise in one mode, you get to choose what you want to be.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam_db
So I am looking at buying Madden 13. I originally held off because I am a big franchise guy and was worried about the Connected Careers ability to edit player equipment. I Have a few questions for those on these boards who obviously own the game. Thanks in advance!

Well, you came into a Madden 13 addicts forum, there is no way to get a bad review for it here. Of course it's worth it
Old 05-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Stay away. My advice is stay away.

If you really liked M12......I think you will despise M13 after playing it for a month or 2.

I really tried.

It is a bug laden nightmare. And CCM stinks.

If your an offline franchise guy....just stay away.

Other than a nice revamped play by play/color team the game went 10 steps backwards as far as:

Franchise Mode
Camera angles, cut scenes and replays. In fact the post play replays were an abomination.
Infinty Engine was a beta. Sloppy and quite frankly an embarrassing mess and I still to this day can't believe it went retail with all the flopping post play, contorted body parts and awful collision detection. Especially in the running game. The running game was destroyed and why your seeing such a back of the box focus for M25.

I would rent it first....and in fact I would rent M25 as well. No way I give one more nickel to the Madden franchise again until I am totally blown away with:

Gameplay - M12 is far better
Presentation. - Other than the lousy play by play M12 is far better
Deep and immersive franchise mode - I don't even need to tell you M12 is far better
A true working penalty system - legacy issue this gen
A working replay system - legacy issue this gen
CPU AI - M12 was the best Madden AI ever and they destroyed it on M13.

Sliders do not work properly on M13, auto subs are whacked, formation subs do not stick week to week. No offline fantasy draft.

The only things I liked on M13 was the improved pass trajectories, the scouting system and the actual draft.

Nothing else is redeeming about the game. It is unplayable for me and is a drink coaster.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam_db

I believe you should wait to see what happens with Madden on the next generation consoles. Madden might provide a much better experience on the Playstation 4 and the next Xbox.

Last edited by TheTruth437; 05-19-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I thoroughly enjoyed Madden NFL 13 and CCM was a huge reason as to why I did.

That said, the best impressions are those formed on your own. Buy it used from GameStop, and if you don't like it just return it within seven days for a refund.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:39 AM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I thoroughly enjoyed Madden NFL 13 and CCM was a huge reason as to why I did.

That said, the best impressions are those formed on your own. Buy it used from GameStop, and if you don't like it just return it within seven days for a refund.
Same here. Still play 13.
Looking forward to "25" a lot.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Banned

First and for most,..It's a video game!!!!!! if you Like football games, don't get it,..if you Love football games buy it..It takes gamers that LOVE football to see the Good in madden 13,..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »