Home

so can someone tell me whats dif about draft classes in m25?

This is a discussion on so can someone tell me whats dif about draft classes in m25? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
so can someone tell me whats dif about draft classes in m25?

so i heard Looman on gamechangers radio tonight. from what i heard he said they was working on fixing the draft classes so these cheap cheat sheets couldnt be done. then he went on to say they didnt have enough memory to totally randomize all the players in all the drafts, and that they would be hand picking a few players from each , that if their story (for example) says they dropped a key pass in a college game, their catching will always be low when they start after that and his overall will drop from another league where he didnt drop that pass. My question is , how is this any different than what they are doing in madden 13? I mean we already have 10 storyline players. Is adding 5-10 more people to that storyline really much different? Now im just stating what i heard him say , not word for word, but the basic idea. Can anyone tell me how thats really gonna help? I dont see this is gonna really be much help. Sounds like what we already have
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: so can someone tell me whats dif about draft classes in m25?

the game doesn't have enough MEMORY to randomize the drafts? Tell me if im wrong here but don't the next gen systems have a lot more memory then the old gen systems.. which featured completely randomized draft classes?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
the game doesn't have enough MEMORY to randomize the drafts? Tell me if im wrong here but don't the next gen systems have a lot more memory then the old gen systems.. which featured completely randomized draft classes?
well all i know is he said they didnt have enough memory left to make the classes totally randomized. maybe because of owner mode and all the new things they are adding?just a guess.however it just didnt sound that much different than the way it currently is already to me, from what he said, maybe i missed something.not sure. hope someone else heard the show and could tell me what the difference is in m13 draft classes and m25
Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

Doesn't NBA 2K randomly generate all their draft classes? Why can't EA copy their formula?

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 05-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
MVP

infemous's Arena

think he said that all players, even non story line ones, would have 'branching attributes' like storyline ones, just without tweets.

they may start off as an 80 ovr QB but then drop to a 65 for some reason, etc. etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
think he said that all players, even non story line ones, would have 'branching attributes' like storyline ones, just without tweets.

they may start off as an 80 ovr QB but then drop to a 65 for some reason, etc. etc.
I listened to that portion of the interview 3x and that's not exactly what he said.

What I heard him say was, of the guys without story lines down the draft, there are some who last year were targeted to be hidden gems or busts. I'm guessing he means by theur development trait. Last year these guys did not change at all, so they were highlighted in the draft guides.

What Looman is saying is, for those guys, they will apply the story events mechanic that changes ratings without actually having a story line for those guys. So, if you make a draft guide, you won't know if the guy who you want to list as a hidden gem is actually going to be rated differently or even a a bust when that draft comes up for someone else. Looman says you're just going to have to scout those guys to know what their ratings will be.

This seems like a partial solution to me. What I think the draft guides will do is try to identify OVR, first of all, even though it varies by your scheme. Most of the guys will not be subject to this variation mechanic because they will have Normal development ratings.

Then the draft guides will try to identify the wild card guys, the boom or bust potential guys. Those are guys you'd still have to scout, but you'd at least know who the top potential targets might be. But for the people who use last year's draft guides, they wouldn't just be able to know 100% who the superstar FS was in the 6th round without ever scouting him.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I listened to that portion of the interview 3x and that's not exactly what he said.

What I heard him say was, of the guys without story lines down the draft, there are some who last year were targeted to be hidden gems or busts. I'm guessing he means by theur development trait. Last year these guys did not change at all, so they were highlighted in the draft guides.

What Looman is saying is, for those guys, they will apply the story events mechanic that changes ratings without actually having a story line for those guys. So, if you make a draft guide, you won't know if the guy who you want to list as a hidden gem is actually going to be rated differently or even a a bust when that draft comes up for someone else. Looman says you're just going to have to scout those guys to know what their ratings will be.

This seems like a partial solution to me. What I think the draft guides will do is try to identify OVR, first of all, even though it varies by your scheme. Most of the guys will not be subject to this variation mechanic because they will have Normal development ratings.

Then the draft guides will try to identify the wild card guys, the boom or bust potential guys. Those are guys you'd still have to scout, but you'd at least know who the top potential targets might be. But for the people who use last year's draft guides, they wouldn't just be able to know 100% who the superstar FS was in the 6th round without ever scouting him.
Like you said a partial solution. You will still know who to target so not to waste any scouting points and simply monitor a hand full of superstar-fast guys.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC

yeah that is what i got out of it too. but seemd like his example was a guy changing from a 84 overall to a 77 , i mean thats alittle change in his overall, but not a huge change, i pick up 77 overall guys all the time. to me it just wont be enough, because as u stated most of the guys wont change at all. and the people doing those guides will work with them to figure out how much a player could change in overall, like the max high and low and just post those, then people would only have to scout their overall to see if its an A,B,C,D and then still be able to pick up the good gems in early rounds. i just dont think it will work as good as Looman thinks. to me , if there "isnt enough memory " to do 30 totally randomized classes, then why not just drop it down to 15 classes instead of 30 ( at least for online leagues) , because most leagues online dont get thru 15 seasons . a few might , but most dont. If they only had 15 classes , then maybe there would be enough memory to totally randomize those 15 classes. If the classes were totally randomized, it really wouldnt matter if all leagues started on same one because it wouldnt match in any league. thats just my thought on it. wish they would do this instead, i still feel like the guides will be extremly too helpful and hurt many drafts due to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »