Home

Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze21
except that London is quite a feasible place for a franchise to be relocated to in the next 10 years..

Not Dublin, that's probably just in there following the success of the emerald isle classic coupled with the fact that half of america regards itself as "irish"
London is probably further than 10 years away if I had to guess, I could be wrong, but hope not
Old 05-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 21

Anybody have any guesses for the available names for each city? Growing up in Little Rock and now living in Jonesboro, AR I've always said I'd root for any pro teams in Memphis, so if I buy Madden I might try to move the Jags there (AFC South works, plus in-state rivalry with Titans, and immediately able to move).

As far as Memphis names I'm thinking they'll probably go with Showboats (USFL team), Blues (music style very popular in the city), and either Southmen or Grizzlies (Southmen being the name of the WFL team and Grizzlies being the name the team used when it tried to get into the NFL). I could also see Hound Dogs (attempted 90s expansion team that lost to Jacksonville and Carolina) being an option.

Last edited by Noble Evildoer; 05-23-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:01 AM   #75
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
Anybody have any guesses for the available names for each city? Growing up in Little Rock and now living in Jonesboro, AR I've always said I'd root for any pro teams in Memphis, so if I buy Madden I might try to move the Jags there (AFC South works, plus in-state rivalry with Titans, and immediately able to move).

As far as Memphis names I'm thinking they'll probably go with Showboats (USFL team), Blues (music style very popular in the city), and either Southmen or Grizzlies (Southmen being the name of the WLAF team and Grizzlies being the name the team used when it tried to get into the NFL). I could also see Hound Dogs (attempted 90s expansion team that lost to Jacksonville and Carolina) being an option.
Hmm, for Los Angeles, my guesses are

LA Comets (from the LA powerhouse basketball school Westchester)
Red and black

LA Waves (would hope not) would rather have LA Sharks... but for the beaches
Navy blue, light blue and silver

LA Suns (for the weather)
Can't think of a colorway

LA Stars (self explanatory)

Can almost bet, one of the nicknames in the game will have to do with astrology. If not; that would be a big fail on EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
LA Suns (for the weather)
Can't think of a colorway
Magenta and Orange like the Southern California Sun?

Old 05-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #77
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
London is probably further than 10 years away if I had to guess, I could be wrong, but hope not
London will never happen, period. The NFL would have to resurrect supersonic passenger jets for it to be even remotely possible and then it will fail big time. The competitive balance will be jacked up due to time zones - hell we have teams that struggle now going across the country!

If people in London want to go to NFL games, then let them use their 40+ days of vacation and spend their dime coming here and dropping cash in our economy. Canada and Mexico are strong possibilities, sharing time zones. I know the NFL, or certain entities therein want international NFL, but their greed will be their downfall and the popularity of the NFL will falter. All empires make the same mistakes - spread too thin and you will perish...
Old 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #78
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
Magenta and Orange like the Southern California Sun?

Oh gosh, I would surely hope the uniform doesn't look like that haha. Black, red and yellow would suffice, or basically the Arizona St. Sun Devils football uniforms (the black one though )
Old 05-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #79
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
London will never happen, period. The NFL would have to resurrect supersonic passenger jets for it to be even remotely possible and then it will fail big time. The competitive balance will be jacked up due to time zones - hell we have teams that struggle now going across the country!

If people in London want to go to NFL games, then let them use their 40+ days of vacation and spend their dime coming here and dropping cash in our economy. Canada and Mexico are strong possibilities, sharing time zones. I know the NFL, or certain entities therein want international NFL, but their greed will be their downfall and the popularity of the NFL will falter. All empires make the same mistakes - spread too thin and you will perish...
The folks that enjoy American football in the UK already have a favorite team. Most folks I have chatted with have said that any NFL expansion attempt would flop.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #80
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
The folks that enjoy American football in the UK already have a favorite team. Most folks I have chatted with have said that any NFL expansion attempt would flop.
Agreed. NFL Europe shouldn't have folded, as it served very useful purposes. It was its own league with a championship. It allowed players from the local areas to compete along with developmental guys fighting for time in the NFL to vie for roster spots (or at least more solid chances at one). It was specific and tied to the areas overseas. IT WAS FOOTBALL DURING OFFSEASON...haha. Was it inferior competition? No less the way Minor League baseball, hockey, the NBA D-league or others are. The level of talent was what was down, but no matter what level of talent is in any league, competition always presents itself. People can hate on anything less than pro leagues all that they want to, but I guarantee you these same people played sports as a kid, in high school or at least rooted for kids back in the day (or now) and have a contradictory mindset about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »