Home

Oh no EA didn't!!!!!

This is a discussion on Oh no EA didn't!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #193
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Oh no EA didn't!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Go to EA Sports website. There is a section dedicated to each primary driver of the engine. Click on each section and there are forward arrows that give bullett points about the particular category.

Click on the bullet points across the top, and it will bring you to that part of the engine. Hit the next page to see more.

http://www.easports.com/ignite#human-intelligence
thank you much

Old 05-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #194
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Actually it does as far as details. If you were to get a closer view of the last 2 pics you'd see it is a pretty good difference.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #195
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Go to EA Sports website. There is a section dedicated to each primary driver of the engine. Click on each section and there are forward arrows that give bullett points about the particular category.

Click on the bullet points across the top, and it will bring you to that part of the engine. Hit the next page to see more.

http://www.easports.com/ignite#human-intelligence
Seems like Ignite is comprise of five systems, and each system has sub systems.
This means that each system was built independently to do a certain job, that makes it a little more believable that this Ignite engine can deliver on all the hype, but I remain cautiously optimistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #196
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
So basically it mean the graphics are down graded in order to achieve ones goal"right?"
Depends on the hardware as to how well the technical team can meet the CGI target. The vast majority of commercial computers can't do real-time ray tracing, which is the lighting technique commonly used to render CGI images and movies. That is, real-time ray tracing by-and-large isn't used in video games. As such, different lighting and shading methods must be used, and this can change how the 3D models and textures appear dramatically.

The short answer is "yes", but this "dumbing down of graphics" isn't a situation unique to Madden or Electronic Arts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'd also like to add that the crowd and sideline models appeared to be in game and not CGI. So I think that is what the crowd and sidelines are going to be like in next gen Madden, which if true, is great.
The assets (3D models, textures, any keyframed animations) could very well be the ones used in the final product. However, nothing here should be seen as representative of a commercially-released video game. It's not a real-time video game, it's a computer-generated pre-rendered video. There are significant advantages of the latter form of media from a graphical quality perspective.

As I said in another thread, this trailer is nice and all, but I'm not taking anything from it. I'm waiting for real-time gameplay footage. And again, this isn't different from approach I take when trying to evaluate preview media of other video games; pre-rendered stuff means nada to me.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #197
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I get what you are saying about the human brain but what I described has already been pointed out as fact. Doubling the polygons 12 years ago provided a much bigger jump than multiplying by ten today.
Well, what I'm saying is compatible with what you're saying. I'm saying that the images actually are much closer to reality, it's just that it is much harder to really notice it, which essentially means that the intuitive change is much less. The images really are much closer to reality, but there comes a point when such changes become less and less noticeable.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #198
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I have nothing useful to contribute but the title of this thread makes me laugh every time I see it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »