Home

What do you expect from the Next-Gen Madden 25

This is a discussion on What do you expect from the Next-Gen Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #73
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What do you expect from the Next-Gen Madden 25

In my mind what BigFnDeal is alluding to is down right atrocious. Owner mode should have been back in 07 and no EA gets no rope from me because the "consoles were tough to program for" and seriously I have to stop now or I am going to get banned from OS...
Old 05-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #74
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

That's the thing I hope to see change next gen. You're supposed to have confidence in your product, I get that, but EA/Tiburon comes off delusional at times. It's like they put out a different game than the one we all play, lol. They believe everything they do is good enough or just exceptional. They really believe there's nothing wrong with some of the elements in their game. Throw the receiver open is the biggest example of that.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 05-24-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #75
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If you're expecting a perfect simulation game or close to it, yes. If you're expecting a great game of football with a few flaws here and there but something that plays as good or better than any football game before it, no.

With Madden 25 I think most people will have the game they always wanted on current gen. With next gen I think people will have to really nit pick to not be happy, IF they deliver on things like human intelligence and player motion. Those two features alone would put this game at the upper echelon of all sports games.
Agreed, if this engine does give us human like intelligence (at least AI that is way better than what we have now), realistic moving, running/cutting, and DB/WR interaction, that's all I want from Madden 25 on PS4. I will be satisfied for this version of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 15

I am going to be optimistic and say M25 on PS4/Xbox One will have phenomenal locomotion, and a much smoother, satisfying gameplay experience. However, I would not anticipate an overhaul to OL/DL and WR/DB. I am hoping that they add a ton of new animations to go along with this new gameplay engine though.

I am really curious to see if they port over all the CFM and presentation aspects though. I really have no clue what we will see in the presentation department. I am confident that we will see an astronomical jump in stadium atmosphere, since that is a primary focus of this new engine.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #77
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

The whole purpose behind Connected Careers which some people STILL don't understand, is that they are now able to improve offline, online franchise, and superstar all in the same cycle. I personally didn't want to wait another 2-3 years for improvements to offline franchise, which was terrible anyway, because they had to work on online franchise in 2013 and superstar in 2014 and fans of online franchise or superstar didn't either. I'll never understand why people think Franchise Mode was great in M12 unless they have never played any other sports games like NBA2k, FIFA, MLB The Show, NHL, you name it. M12 Franchise Mode pales in comparison with them.

At the end of the day this is the bottom line, in ANY sports game, if your favorite feature is missing(cpu vs cpu in CFM) you probably won't like the game. Unfortunately they aren't ever or most likely won't ever have everyone's favorite thing right in the game. There will always be something or someone left out. What they have to do is try to please the majority of people by delivering the best sim game possible, a 100% perfect sim game will never happen. There will always be glitches, bugs, things missing that people want. Most people just want a complete game that looks and plays like the sport they see on Sunday, that's what EA has yet to deliver and needs to soon.
The reason Franchise mode in Madden 12 is "so great" is because it has 32 team control and full player editing. this opens up a whole new mode of play - God mode. the most fun feature in any sports game. make any move you want for any team in the game, manipulate and bend the league to your will. complete control of the league in every imaginable way. i still play madden 12 to death. With some very time-consuming player editing and roster management each off-season, i have the league behaving with complete realism. Realism + Customisation = immersion and fun. listen up, EA!

Im sure people wouldnt mind too much that their favourite features werent in the game. the problem is those features are usually so simple and havent been left out, theyve been inexplicably removed from the game. why does "pleasing the majority" involve removing simple core features your most die-hard fans love?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
All I know is the game better feel alive like they are touting. Madden this whole generation has just felt stale and very tame. The one thing I'm concerned about is audio. This new engine can't save the audio problems madden has had over the years as far as I know. I know they implemented the new commentary engine last year, and we'll see how far it's come this year, but the crowd audio still hasn't been up to par. I hope everything takes a step forward next gen.

I also want to see the broadcast feel Madden 12 had make a return. This game could really be incredible if Tiburon can take advantage.
This is very similar to what I feel; I want to look forward to playing my franchise, have variety to match ups, crazy atmosphere, presentation, and AI teammates that actual play to there strengths and get penalized if I make dumb calls.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #79
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I am going to be optimistic and say M25 on PS4/Xbox One will have phenomenal locomotion, and a much smoother, satisfying gameplay experience. However, I would not anticipate an overhaul to OL/DL and WR/DB. I am hoping that they add a ton of new animations to go along with this new gameplay engine though.

I am really curious to see if they port over all the CFM and presentation aspects though. I really have no clue what we will see in the presentation department. I am confident that we will see an astronomical jump in stadium atmosphere, since that is a primary focus of this new engine.
I don't expect the overhaul to ol dl and WR db but real player motion will fix a lot of that stuff, they just have to do with pass block and WR db interactions, the same thing they are doing with run blocking in m25, devote an entire cycle to fixing them and bringing in a subject matter expert to walk them through everything. The fact that Rex said they are bringing in a subject matter expert for gameplay features from now on gives me great hope for the future. It seems like common sense but that's what ea hasn't been good at in the past. I know pass block and WR db interactions are next in the list of priorities according to what Rex Dickson said in his podcast with Rich Grisham the other day.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #80
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Also Tiburon please remove the crazy camera flashes during the day games. I'd like to see the little things worked on as well. E3 honestly could not get here fast enough.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »