Home

What do you expect from the Next-Gen Madden 25

This is a discussion on What do you expect from the Next-Gen Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #57
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What do you expect from the Next-Gen Madden 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It definitely will make me feel more confident going into next gen, but honestly I couldn't care less about Madden current gen. I know it won't be the game I'm looking for. I'm done with it. E3 will hopefully show me all I need to see to help me make my decision about next gen Madden.
I understand I guess for some Madden 25 will be the game they thought they were getting all along on current gen and if nothing else at least a sign of encouragement as we transition into next gen.

Next gen should blow us all away, but the first version, Madden 25 may just be a port based off current gen, but if it has true player motion, human intelligence, living worlds, as touted, then it still will blow us away.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #58
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyFan12
I gotta better idea. How about...don't take away the features that people love, but BUILD ON THEM! I know...crazy concept. I should be banned for suggesting such a preposterous idea.
That's what they are doing now, building on the features that people love. That is exactly what Cam Weber and company are all about, bring back features that never should have been taken out, bring them back and improve on them, then build off of that foundation. Madden 13 and 25 are building blocks for the future.

I really don't understand why people are complaining about them bringing back owner mode, would you rather not have it? What are they supposed to do now, it was gone there is no other way around that, but now it's not.

Let me just make it simple, when Madden 13 development began we were for all intents and purposes in 2005 and they are trying to get us caught back up to 2013 now. You don't make up for 7 years of mistakes in gaming, in one or two years, it just doesn't work that way. Hopefully with the next gen technology they can get us right back on schedule fast, but they still have to work on the wr/db interactions,pass blocking techniques and logic even with human intelligence, true player motion, and living worlds. Now once we are at that point, which will probably be next year(last year of Cam Weber's 3 year plan), based on what Rex Dickson said,then they can innovate and create new ideas for everything else that we are wanting to see. First, we have to have a solid foundation or as we all know all too well, everything will collapse (M06-12 showing no vision or identity, never building on anything).

They are using the same strategy that FIFA and MLB The Show have. Kolbe Launchbaugh(Supervisor of Game Design for MLB The Show) is one of the main people behind next gen, so keep that in mind too.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-23-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #59
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand I guess for some Madden 25 will be the game they thought they were getting all along on current gen and if nothing else at least a sign of encouragement as we transition into next gen.

Next gen should blow us all away, but the first version, Madden 25 may just be a port based off current gen, but if it has true player motion, human intelligence, living worlds, as touted, then it still will blow us away.
I mean if this ignite engine is all it's cracked up to be it can't be a port, because none of that is in the game now, so honestly Madden 25 better at least partially blow us away. I'm still holding out for the following year before I totally give up on next gen though.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #60
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I mean if this ignite engine is all it's cracked up to be it can't be a port, because none of that is in the game now, so honestly Madden 25 better at least partially blow us away. I'm still holding out for the following year before I totally give up on next gen though.
I mean from a features standpoint, CFM, Owner Mode, etc...

As far as this year, I fully expect people to be shocked by Madden 25 next gen at E3.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #61
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
That's what they are doing now, building on the features that people love. That is exactly what Cam Weber and company are all about, bring back features that never should have been taken out, bring them back and improve on them, then build off of that foundation. Madden 13 and 25 are building blocks for the future.

I really don't understand why people are complaining about them bringing back owner mode, would you rather not have it? What are they supposed to do now, it was gone there is no other way around that, but now it's not.

Let me just make it simple, when Madden 13 development began we were for all intents and purposes in 2005 and they are trying to get us caught back up to 2013 now. You don't make up for 7 years of mistakes in gaming, in one or two years, it just doesn't work that way. Hopefully with the next gen technology they can get us right back on schedule fast, but they still have to work on the wr/db interactions,pass blocking techniques and logic even with human intelligence, true player motion, and living worlds. Now once we are at that point, which will probably be next year(last year of Cam Weber's 3 year plan), based on what Rex Dickson said,then they can innovate and create new ideas for everything else that we are wanting to see. First, we have to have a solid foundation or as we all know all too well, everything will collapse (M06-12 showing no vision or identity, never building on anything).
You sound like an apologist for EA Sports. Perhaps you're just passionate about EA Sports and there's nothing wrong with that, but it just comes off as if they can do no wrong.

No one is complaining that they are bringing choices back. People are complaining because they took them out to begin with. Then they bring it back because of the backlash. I'm fine with them building and expanding the Madden Empire, but they did indeed strip the game for a crap sandwich Connected Careers feature and then come back and bring us 70% of what they left out last year. Madden NFL 12 was a more complete game than what we are getting. Owner Mode is great, but it never should have left in the first place. Offline franchise mode with 32 team control is amazing, but it never should have left.

Let me ask you some thing, did anyone complain that EA gave us too many choices in franchise mode in Madden NFL 2012? What I mean is...did anyone say this game would be better if we didn't control all 32 teams offline and edit the players and ratings to our liking? Did anyone say the game could be better if the CPU didn't play against the CPU? Did anyone say the game would be better if we didn't have fantasy draft and NCAA importing? Perhaps people complained about the AI. So how about this...WE START BY MAKING THE AI AND GAMEPLAY BETTER!!! Not...let's strip it clean and rebuild. That's BS and you know it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #62
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I mean from a features standpoint, CFM, Owner Mode, etc...

As far as this year, I fully expect people to be shocked by Madden 25 next gen at E3.
Ahh ok I feel you. I haven't even began to worry about features.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #63
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

They are using the same strategy that FIFA and MLB The Show have. Kolbe Launchbaugh(Supervisor of Game Design for MLB The Show) is one of the main people behind next gen, so keep that in mind too.
JP who loved XP progression in the past and ever asked for it in Madden or financial advisers? I get what you are trying to say and I agree with it somewhat in regard to game play, I say "somewhat" because that throw a receiver open from M13 was a WTF moment but as for the career mode, nah. Looman just seems heck bent on doing something different, regardless of if it's better or not, which is a POV I was hoping went away. He didn't build on the HC09 elements from CCM, he/they just moved on to something else, a pattern that is all too familiar with Madden this gen.

Remember he blocked people on twitter or whatever last year, not just that were rude but that disagreed with him. I have gone on about my opinion on this long enough though, time to wait and see how gamers react once the game is out, after the honeymoon period ends.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #64
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Can't wait to see the living worlds and 3d crowds. Hopefully this means, if I fail to get a 3rd down conversion for the 4 consecutive drive I hear boo's or if I'm getting crushed at home the crowd slowly starts to leave, and this was actually in last gen, if I'm having a poor season fans just won't show up and the stadium will be half empty at kickoff. These types of thing have been comepletly absent this gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »