Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #305
Rookie

Bcole's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoXLVII
Just let me move the controller to the middle
This ^^^^ just like it used to be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #306
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here is Looman's reason for not including CPU v. CPU:
Josh Looman@Josh_Looman 1h . @Pauly_Wallynuts Here’s why CPU vs CPU is difficult…CFM expects every user to be a ‘character’ or person. It has no concept of (cont)

Josh Looman@Josh_Looman 1h
. @Pauly_Wallynuts a user not being attached to a person. That determines how we start games, etc. Changing that is difficult and (cont)

Josh Looman@Josh_Looman 1h
. @Pauly_Wallynuts risky. Meaning it could cause crashes, glitches, etc. It’s not something that can be added in a patch and (cont)

1. Josh Looman@Josh_Looman 1h
    @Pauly_Wallynuts whether or not it was in Madden 12’s franchise mode doesn’t apply. We’ll look into changing it but it won’t be this year.

Apparently this isn't in 15 either. Cool saved me $30.

I understand that it's something that requires coding into a new engine and it's not something that can be implemented overnight because it wasn't viewed as a popular feature during the next gen conception phase.

I like the improvements in defense...but I also like the rest of the league to feel alive while I control my franchise. The cpu AI should now be smart enough to generate dynamic results in CPU vs. CPU matches.

I understand why it's not included.

But, it's also why I'm not upgrading on my PS4 from 25. If 12 were available for the PS4 and feature comparable with the last gen versions I'd pay $60 for that before I'd pay $60 for Madden 15. It's not worth it to me.

That doesn't mean I don't see the value in Madden 15. It just isn't there for me.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #307
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBox_Roughneck
Apparently this isn't in 15 either. Cool saved me $30.

I understand that it's something that requires coding into a new engine and it's not something that can be implemented overnight because it wasn't viewed as a popular feature during the next gen conception phase.

I like the improvements in defense...but I also like the rest of the league to feel alive while I control my franchise. The cpu AI should now be smart enough to generate dynamic results in CPU vs. CPU matches.

I understand why it's not included.

But, it's also why I'm not upgrading on my PS4 from 25. If 12 were available for the PS4 and feature comparable with the last gen versions I'd pay $60 for that before I'd pay $60 for Madden 15. It's not worth it to me.

That doesn't mean I don't see the value in Madden 15. It just isn't there for me.
Actually, the coding is already there, they just have to patch a few things. I used a workaround last year that allowed CPU vs. CPU play if CFM. I just couldn't act as the GM. Also, CPU vs. CPU is in the play now features, so the coding is in fact there.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #308
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm about to start a CFM in Madden 25. I want to play CPU vs CPU but apparently it's not in the game. Is there anyway to play the game that closely resembles a CPU vs CPU game?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #309
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
I'm about to start a CFM in Madden 25. I want to play CPU vs CPU but apparently it's not in the game. Is there anyway to play the game that closely resembles a CPU vs CPU game?
Sure.

Keep in mind, you don't have GM power once you start the workaround, so set it up the way you want before entering CFM. It sucks, but it is what it is.

1. Select 32 third string QBs. Rank the 3rd string Qbs as lower than they already are so they don't advance into 2nd stringers or else you'll have to do field goal kicks. Not sure why, but that's how it works.

2. Turn off injuries.

3. Turn off auto-start.

After that, the rest of the settings are up to you. Minutes in quarters, difficulty levels, etc.

This isn't a perfect solution, but it works for me.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:14 AM   #310
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quick question regarding cpu vs. cpu games in M12. I haven't played a Madden series since '12 and it sounds like I won't be going to M15 if they don't have a true coach mode. So, I guess I'm sticking with M12 and cpu vs. cpu. My question: When playing cpu vs. cpu games in M12, what do you guys do to advance the play of the game? It just drags on so slow between plays since the buttons (other than start) are deactivated. Is there a way to speed up time between plays? Thanks.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #311
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
This isn't a perfect solution, but it works for me.

Definitely not a perfect solution. I really want to play the GM and let things play out but that doesn't seem to be the case. I may end up playing out the games then. Thanks for the info though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #312
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quick question regarding workaround. If I add a 4th string quarterback with injuries on. Would that work as far as having in season injuries. (Not a big thing. Cause this is just temporary for me as I wait for NBA 2K15 to come out and I wait and see if they have cpu vs. Cpu next year)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »