Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #65
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiA
Tweeted him
Awesome. Hopefully more will twitter Josh Looman about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #66
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Josh Looman blocked me from looking at any of his tweets. What a little baby. Hahaha. How cute.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #67
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So just to be clear, you still disagree that gaming stores have used CPU v CPU game play to sell games and that gaming companies themselves have featured CPU v CPU games by having them play automatically when the game is left idle?
I have never seen it for a current-generation sports game myself.

It may exist (I assume if you leave Madden NFL 13 at the Press Start screen, it will enter a demo), but it's not for the purposes of evaluating the computer's AI; it's designed to get someone in front of the game to pick up the controller and try it out. I've never seen people just standing in front of an XBOX in Best Buy / Gamestop watching any video game, let alone Madden, play itself for an extended period of time (more than a few seconds); there's always someone playing the game.

In past arcade sports games such as NBA JAM and NFL Blitz, the CPU vs CPU demo mode is only used to get a person to put a quarter in the machine and play the game. This CPU vs CPU state is more commonly known as "attract mode", which is designed to simply get a user to put a quarter in the machine. It's far more frequently found in fighting games nowadays than anything else.

The overaching point - there isn't an evaluation of how the game plays against itself by-and-large, because that's not the point. A video game is meant to be played, not watched, and CPU vs CPU gameplay for the vast majority of consumers does not sell the game.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #68
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I have never seen it for a current-generation sports game myself.

It may exist (I assume if you leave Madden NFL 13 at the Press Start screen, it will enter a demo), but it's not for the purposes of evaluating the computer's AI; it's designed to get someone in front of the game to pick up the controller and try it out. I've never seen people just standing in front of an XBOX in Best Buy / Gamestop watching any video game, let alone Madden, play itself for an extended period of time (more than a few seconds); there's always someone playing the game.

In past arcade sports games such as NBA JAM and NFL Blitz, the CPU vs CPU demo mode is only used to get a person to put a quarter in the machine and play the game. This CPU vs CPU state is more commonly known as "attract mode", which is designed to simply get a user to put a quarter in the machine. It's far more frequently found in fighting games nowadays than anything else.

The overaching point - there isn't an evaluation of how the game plays against itself by-and-large, because that's not the point. A video game is meant to be played, not watched, and CPU vs CPU gameplay for the vast majority of consumers does not sell the game.
Hence why it was in there for all those years. Because no one wanted it. This topic is proof that you're wrong. MANY things help sell the game. Offline franchise, drafts, gameplay, AI, etc. Not one thing sells it.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyFan12
Hence why it was in there for all those years. Because no one wanted it. This topic is proof that you're wrong. MANY things help sell the game. Offline franchise, drafts, gameplay, AI, etc. Not one thing sells it.
Yep plus the top two rated games in the last few years, nba 2k and mlb the show , have CPU vs CPU and its standard!!! The real problem is; is this is actually a issue in 2013
Old 05-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #70
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
Yep plus the top two rated games in the last few years, nba 2k and mlb the show , have CPU vs CPU and its standard!!! The real problem is; is this is actually a issue in 2013
I can't fathom why it's in exhibition and not offline franchise. That's insane.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #71
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

I was just thinking how nice it would be to play as an owner and have the AI decide my season, so I could read and react properly. Now it looks like I'm the owner, coach, and players...

Sweet.

Then again after I got the perfect season in 2016 on Madden 13, I've just been simulating the seasons and only playing if we reach the Super Bowl (we haven't reached once since) so basically I just do the scouting and drafting and it's kinda nice seeing how the team progresses.

This is kind of a bummer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #72
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyboy180
I was just thinking how nice it would be to play as an owner and have the AI decide my season, so I could read and react properly. Now it looks like I'm the owner, coach, and players...

Sweet.

Then again after I got the perfect season in 2016 on Madden 13, I've just been simulating the seasons and only playing if we reach the Super Bowl (we haven't reached once since) so basically I just do the scouting and drafting and it's kinda nice seeing how the team progresses.

This is kind of a bummer.
Well, us Simulation users are not considered important to Josh Looman and the EA Game Changers who openly said they will only push for what they want...not what we want. I'm done with EA Sports from now on. The way we've been treated has just been unforgivable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »