Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

OVR: 1
CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

A lot of questions have come to light regarding Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise. We know Owner Mode returned. We know offline franchise is back. We know we get 32 team full control back. We know we can edit players outfits again.

However, what I would like to know is will we be able to spectate (cpu vs. cpu) the games like we were able to in Madden NFL 12 and the games before that?

As a side question, I'd like to know if we can edit player ratings and add several created players into offline franchise like before.

If anyone has any solid confirmation on this, I'd be grateful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

I'm hoping you can as well. My guess is you should be able to. If you can be 32 teams, I'm guessing you can play every game or just dimply not slide your controller over to your team.

Though I'm not sure if you are only controlling one team if you'll be able to.

Why wasn't this asked in the vgn interview with josh loom an?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I'm hoping you can as well. My guess is you should be able to. If you can be 32 teams, I'm guessing you can play every game or just dimply not slide your controller over to your team.

Though I'm not sure if you are only controlling one team if you'll be able to.

Why wasn't this asked in the vgn interview with josh loom an?
I have no idea why it wasn't asked. It's just some thing I enjoy doing. CPU vs. CPU in the past have been exciting to watch. Even better than the real games at times and you don't have to worry about commercials.

I also create a few buddies and I let them know their stats. They get a kick out of that. It's sports nerdy, but I like it. I hope it's back this year.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Looman said some thing interesting in his interview that I skipped over the first time. It appears we can at least edit ratings and it transfers over to offline franchise. If so, I can live with that. Now I just hope we can add created players into the mix and it transfers over, too. Add CPU vs. CPU and I'm happy.

Looman: The issue with editing player ratings once the mode begins is that it causes a lot of bugs and issues with our goal systems and our player schemes and grades. We tried to get that in this year but it ended up causing a ton of bugs. We do let you allow you to edit position, gear and numbers but allowing owners to edit player ratings after the league is started just caused too many bugs with the current system.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyFan12
Looman said some thing interesting in his interview that I skipped over the first time. It appears we can at least edit ratings and it transfers over to offline franchise. If so, I can live with that. Now I just hope we can add created players into the mix and it transfers over, too. Add CPU vs. CPU and I'm happy.

Looman: The issue with editing player ratings once the mode begins is that it causes a lot of bugs and issues with our goal systems and our player schemes and grades. We tried to get that in this year but it ended up causing a ton of bugs. We do let you allow you to edit position, gear and numbers but allowing owners to edit player ratings after the league is started just caused too many bugs with the current system.
very disappointed about attribute editing. a full dev cycle and they couldnt get this feature back in?
32 team control makes Franchise at least playable again for me now, but no attribute editing completely spoils the way i play the mode. this is very sadly a no-buy for me again this year. maybe next gen..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke
very disappointed about attribute editing. a full dev cycle and they couldnt get this feature back in?
32 team control makes Franchise at least playable again for me now, but no attribute editing completely spoils the way i play the mode. this is very sadly a no-buy for me again this year. maybe next gen..
I read in another post that you can create players and put them in the offline franchise mode so that's good if true. At the very least, we can boost stats or lower them before going into offline franchise mode. That at least is a good thing. I was fearing that we couldn't be able to touch stats at all except through XP. So far from perfect, but better than what I expected. Wow...how sad is that? The deal breaker for me is no CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise. I know that's trivial to most, but that's been my thing. Playing the Watchmaker and letting the fun unfold.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Hoping for a CPU v CPU ability....IF editing game plans in Connected Franchise is truly available I could see some extra fun here.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
Hoping for a CPU v CPU ability....IF editing game plans in Connected Franchise is truly available I could see some extra fun here.
Yeah, I'm sure if someone asked Looman or whoever, we would get a straight answer on this. I doubt it needs to be kept a secret. We either have CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise or we don't. I just wanna know so I can decide to pre-order Madden NFL 25 or not.

Last edited by BradyFan12; 05-22-2013 at 08:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »