Home

To those who say "it's just Madden 2005 part 2"

This is a discussion on To those who say "it's just Madden 2005 part 2" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #9
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: To those who say "it's just Madden 2005 part 2"

Madden by all accounts got off to a horrid start this gen.

I never played Madden 06,07,08 or 09 this Gen. I stuck with Madden 2005 and then 2007 (last gen) till I picked up M10 this Gen.

So I never got to experience the so-called dreck everyone has harped about.

M10 was a solid title and I still feel plays a good game of football despite the obvious flaws and minor annoying bugs. What I was horrified about was the stripped down, lifeless franchise mode. I was really shell shocked what I went to from the great Madden 2007 (last gen).

Enter M12. Hands down the best Madden I have played on the field.

M13 was a giant beta.

M25 I hope and pray brings it all together from M10, M12 and the IE/CCM Beta that was M13.

I see a ton of promise that M25 can be the most complete package we have ever seen on a Madden game in terms of the most realistic on field gameplay, off the field features with everything we are used too plus a more immersive owner mode and the building of what was great about CCM (story lines, scouting and drafting).

What is critical is the on-field/off-field AI and all the features and functions must work. Not the bug laden drink coaster I played last year.

I am one who really has not been able to go back and play Madden 05/07....not after playing M10 and M12 big time. Those two titles are better games on the field IMO. The player movements, models and feel is more realistic.

I have fond memories of those past iterations of Madden...but they are dated. Now the other game....still plays an awesome game of football. But that too has lost it's shine at this point.

I can't go back to MVP 2005.....no way. Tried with my son some 5 months ago..not with The Show.

NHL 94? No way...come on.

Has Madden made a good enough game for me to forget M05? Yeah they did it on 12. Madden 12 is a very good game.

M25 has a chance at greatness. Bring back Madden 12's camera angles, replays and AI...couple that with all the bells and whistles of Connected Franchise with a working IE 2.0, improved OL/DL interaction, and everything working again that did not work on M13....and greatness for Madden can return.

Oh and BTW please bring back all the great NFL films music.....PLEASE!!!!!

I love playing Madden. Always have.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 05-23-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Madden 13 left a bad taste for me.

Before the game came out, I was supportive, but then, I started thinking, put yourself in Bucky60's or Cuttingteeths shoes and everyone else for that matters. The disk was in my tray 2 months, taken out and never played again.

There's a lot of pent up anger from the past as there should be.

As Smoke would say, I'm not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.

Let's just say I'm hopeful that this new team can lead us out of the darkness and into the sunshine again.

I'll includ a video of my favorite band of where I stand currently.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Personally, I haven't felt compelled to revisit a previous-generation iteration of Madden - or any previous-generation sports game - since M09 was released, and I didn't even think M09 was that great of a game.

Off-topic: Rush is great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #12
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

OVR: 1

Madden NFL 2005 was actually better. You had more control than what you're getting in Madden NFL 25. How does that happen? I thought games other than graphics are suppose to improve...not diminish.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Madden 13 left a bad taste for me.

Before the game came out, I was supportive, but then, I started thinking, put yourself in Bucky60's or Cuttingteeths shoes and everyone else for that matters. The disk was in my tray 2 months, taken out and never played again.

There's a lot of pent up anger from the past as there should be.

As Smoke would say, I'm not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.

Let's just say I'm hopeful that this new team can lead us out of the darkness and into the sunshine again.

I'll includ a video of my favorite band of where I stand currently.

So Roadman. I am sure you notice my avatar and my handle here LOL BTW I was 3rd row in front of geddy last month. What an amazing tour! I have been a fan sine 81
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #14
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyFan12
Madden NFL 2005 was actually better. You had more control than what you're getting in Madden NFL 25. How does that happen? I thought games other than graphics are suppose to improve...not diminish.
I disagree with this, for several reasons. Sure, last gen had nice controls. But some tend to forget that the turn-on-a-dime controls did exist last gen. I really think a lot of people have forgotten what last gen played like. The controls weren't that much better. They certainly were not more realistic. You could make players turn 90 degrees instantly from a dead sprint. Yeah, the controls were responsive and sharp, but that didn't make them more realistic.

Now, NHL94 was mentioned. I happen to still play NHL94, and I enjoy it immensely. Does that mean NHL94 had better controls, etc? No. But it's just a fun game, overall. The current NHL games beat it on many levels, controls included. But NHL94 is a favorite of mine that I still enjoy. Just because I enjoy NHL94 still, but traded away NHL13 after three months, that doesn't mean NHL94 has better controls, etc. It means I enjoy that gameplay overall.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #15
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Just a shout out that yes RUSH is great.
Same as A & S..been a fan since early 80's..

Personal fav's are Limelight, Subdivisions and 2112-Overture

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I disagree with this, for several reasons. Sure, last gen had nice controls. But some tend to forget that the turn-on-a-dime controls did exist last gen. I really think a lot of people have forgotten what last gen played like. The controls weren't that much better. They certainly were not more realistic. You could make players turn 90 degrees instantly from a dead sprint. Yeah, the controls were responsive and sharp, but that didn't make them more realistic.

Now, NHL94 was mentioned. I happen to still play NHL94, and I enjoy it immensely. Does that mean NHL94 had better controls, etc? No. But it's just a fun game, overall. The current NHL games beat it on many levels, controls included. But NHL94 is a favorite of mine that I still enjoy. Just because I enjoy NHL94 still, but traded away NHL13 after three months, that doesn't mean NHL94 has better controls, etc. It means I enjoy that gameplay overall.
Realistic doesn't always make for a better game, but I respect your opinion. I'm just saying I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I did Madden NFL 13. I refused to buy it, but did play it at a friend's house. Just disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »