Home

Anybody planning on making Tim Tebow their franchise Qb in Madden 25?

This is a discussion on Anybody planning on making Tim Tebow their franchise Qb in Madden 25? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #57
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
As much as I doubt the actuality of having the option to. If I could switch Tebow's position to that of a HB or a TE (his former position). I might actually pick him up seeing as I think he would thrive in those positions. I can't stand the Tebow media train nor the QB Tebow but I like him enough as a person to give him a chance in another position.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Anybody planning on making Tim Tebow their franchise Qb in Madden 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
As much as I doubt the actuality of having the option to. If I could switch Tebow's position to that of a HB or a TE (his former position).
To be honest, that would be a horrible move in Madden. He'd be a slow power back with fumbling issues if switched to HB, he'd a a dime a dozen with absolutely no positives about him, while as a QB, he's probably just around the best mobile QB you could realistically get for an easy trade because most other mobile QBs are either established starters (RG3, Luck, Kaep, Vick etc.) or backups with worse throwing stats than Tebow (Webb for example comes to mind)

Madden simply does not allow QBs to have the stats they'd need to be succesful as a HB even if they should have them, realistically, because that would make guys like RG3 or Cam even more of a game-breaker than they already are.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
He's 8-5. 7-4 as a starter, 1-1 in playoffs. He has the same total career playoff wins as Barry Sanders.

And before anyone brings up the Broncos defense, I say...

That same Broncos defense that went 1-4 to start that year? That Broncos defense?

If Tim Tebow won't get a fair shake in real life, I'll give him one in my game. Just like I did for Greg Oden in NBA 2K12 (except he was extremely unlucky with injuries, and never had a real chance to succeed or fail on his own merits, so not really the best example).
Compare Barry Sanders to Tim Tebow? Quit posting.

Put Teblow at RB and lets compare then.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #60
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
What I'll do with Tebow is this:

-Control my mid-favorite (#16) team, so in this case, the 49ers

-Move them to Dublin, Ireland and hopefully I get to name them the "Eggballers"

-Sign Tebow, start him ahead of Kaepernick

-Use Chip Kelly's Playbook

-Wildcat offense

-Make Profit and create a Dublin Army called the "Tebowlings"

-Laugh and realize that this was one of the dumbest decisions I could ever think of

-Optional goal: Win Games
Old 05-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #61
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't really know why Tebow would get the love over the other running Qb's that can actually throw.That being said he's better in Madden in this regard than real life because he does have a good deep ball but can be controlled to throw higher percentage passes.

I really wanted to see Jacksonville give him a shot so things could play out for his sake and the delusional people who will always think he would've been successful long term.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0
Honestly with his running ability you could easily boost him up if you really wanted too that much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-27-2013, 03:52 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 10

This is a perfect example of why needs player morale.

Player morale would mean you had to choose between selling more jerseys and hurting your other quarterback's confidence or moral.

Just look at the Jets and the Sanchez Tebow saga
Old 05-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #64
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
To be honest, that would be a horrible move in Madden. He'd be a slow power back with fumbling issues if switched to HB, he'd a a dime a dozen with absolutely no positives about him, while as a QB, he's probably just around the best mobile QB you could realistically get for an easy trade because most other mobile QBs are either established starters (RG3, Luck, Kaep, Vick etc.) or backups with worse throwing stats than Tebow (Webb for example comes to mind)

Madden simply does not allow QBs to have the stats they'd need to be succesful as a HB even if they should have them, realistically, because that would make guys like RG3 or Cam even more of a game-breaker than they already are.

If I were to make this move it would not be for a competitive edge. Rather as an offline league to have fun. In reality there is no way I would put Tebow in front of Matt Ryan on any depth chart and as a Falcon fan Cam Newton (rival) and Mike Vick (need I explain) would never be on my team. I also have no love for RG3 as I'm a pocket passer type.

However with Tebow, I would be willing to invest enough xp in him to raise his carry, truck, juke, and stiff arm (or catch, cit, release, and route running if TE) to replace Jaquizz or step in for Tony Gonzo. He would be a project for me but otherwise he would go to waste in a franchise with me just as he is in the real NFL.

I don't like him enough to give him a shot at being a QB with any team, however I do like him enough to put some time into him to make him a truly decent player in a position I would have a legitimate need for him to play.

I also say all this as a sim player with a pro scheme mindset so having someone who can run out of the pocket all day benifits me very little seeing as I would execute qb runs too little to matter. However a big bodied HB could be extremely helpful on those 3rd and goal runs when Jaquizz is tired or even to replace him altogether at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »