Home

The Offline Experience: Any Improvements Coming?

This is a discussion on The Offline Experience: Any Improvements Coming? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #41
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Offline Experience: Any Improvements Coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
in future maddens can u spread out the overall more like in Madden 2010 i know its not your department but Spread out Ratings actually helps the game play better
Until EA begins to build the game at ground level - meaning tuning or designing the game at the CPU vs CPU level and then moving into single player and then multiplayer - The ratings can be as spread out as you want and it will not make a significant difference in the experience...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #42
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't know how many have played '12 lately but the CPU A.I. logic was actually very good when it comes to play calling,2 minute hurry-up,kicking field goals or going for it when needed,onside kicks and such.At least get it back to that level before worrying about anything else.

It's unfortunate we have to always deal with getting areas addressed back to where they were instead of just enjoying any progress that's been made.Bigger aspirations always need to be put on the back burner then.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #43
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Its the subject title that is corroborating this confusion.

To state offline experience is a broad spectrum and Big is simply confirming that AI is a broad spectrum that warrants attention universally.

If the subject title connected more narrowly to the conent in the original post, I could assume the title of the subject would be AI Playcalling in *Offline/CCM/Hum v Cpu games.

*I am extracting CCM/CFM from Exhibition because AI differs in both those modes too.

It really is a universal hurdle to surmount and a tall one at that.

I would simply concede that Big is feeding the hunger for more because he realizes that although playcalling logic and flow heavily impact the offline HUM vs CPU experience, they also heavily impact the Hum v Hum experience online albeit the Online experience bypasses the CPU playcalling logic and flow.

In short, there is more to the CPU Ai defeciencies than playcalling and tempo, and mirroring pro styles: these are but a few variables in the sum of the problem; the entire logic of the spreadsheet needs further professional touches that would do justice to both poles: offline and online.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #44
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Its the subject title that is corroborating this confusion.

To state offline experience is a broad spectrum and Big is simply confirming that AI is a broad spectrum that warrants attention universally.

If the subject title connected more narrowly to the conent in the original post, I could assume the title of the subject would be AI Playcalling in *Offline/CCM/Hum v Cpu games.

*I am extracting CCM/CFM from Exhibition because AI differs in both those modes too.

It really is a universal hurdle to surmount and a tall one at that.

I would simply concede that Big is feeding the hunger for more because he realizes that although playcalling logic and flow heavily impact the offline HUM vs CPU experience, they also heavily impact the Hum v Hum experience online albeit the Online experience bypasses the CPU playcalling logic and flow.

In short, there is more to the CPU Ai defeciencies than playcalling and tempo, and mirroring pro styles: these are but a few variables in the sum of the problem; the entire logic of the spreadsheet needs further professional touches that would do justice to both poles: offline and online.

Very good post.There really was no need for the back and forth because both Big and RGiles both have very good points but both the thread title and context left it open for a broader spectrum.

Unfortunately,I think that the track record is there to not have much faith in getting things to where they should be and it's easier to think on a smaller scale.That shouldn't mean we should concede and be content though.

Last edited by gr18; 05-26-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #45
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
it's easier to think on a smaller scale.
Imagine how the current engine feels :/

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Good post gr18.

I've been trying to come around to saying that, that I don't feel AI utopia can be achieved in one big fell swoop because other games are short in AI utopia as well.

Although, I will put a disclaimer in that the other games are much closer than Madden, just not everything is hitting on all cylinders.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #47
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Imagine how the current engine feels :/

I'm certainly not with the crowd that buys the limitations of current gen excuses.While I see the potential of next-gen we only need to look at the other sports titles to see that much more could've been done.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #48
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Good post gr18.

I've been trying to come around to saying that, that I don't feel AI utopia can be achieved in one big fell swoop because other games are short in AI utopia as well.

Although, I will put a disclaimer in that the other games are much closer than Madden, just not everything is hitting on all cylinders.
True.I would say that we tend to put the other titles on somewhat of a pedestal by comparison.They aren't as perfect as some people would like to think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »