Home

The Offline Experience: Any Improvements Coming?

This is a discussion on The Offline Experience: Any Improvements Coming? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2013, 01:51 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: The Offline Experience: Any Improvements Coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
What All-Madden setting of sliders would you recommend EA use right now, with M13 for best overall results? Cause I would be more than willing to try them out - I have used your beginner sliders and played around with a number of the "zero" based all-madden sliders, but would be curious as to what your opinion of the best sliders for Head to Head would be....I have to agree with RGiles36's latest post in that the CPU running in all-madden mode can be deadly...Myself, I am not good at the sticks - I still get burned by switching players too fast which causes the guy I switch to to stumble because my previous actions has not cleared the buffer; that is a sample of how little control I have on my stick abilities....

Also, do you set penalty sliders for the rate of penalties called or do you subscribe to the theory that penalty sliders affect game play?

I really can't say exactly what setting EA should use because everyone's skill level is different but I'm pretty sure I could put together something I feel that would be balanced for All-Madden players.. There's a few guys using my sliders in there leagues that are playing good..

I set my penalty slider up for the rate of penalties being called. I didn't dig deep into all the penalty slider stuff. I felt my sliders played out good with my setup so I really didn't want to mess up my combination but a lot of guys say it does affect the gameplay. I just didn't feel the need to test it out which would have probably created another headache for me with all the testing I was doing..
Old 05-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #58
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I really can't say exactly what setting EA should use because everyone's skill level is different but I'm pretty sure I could put together something I feel that would be balanced for All-Madden players.. There's a few guys using my sliders in there leagues that are playing good..

I set my penalty slider up for the rate of penalties being called. I didn't dig deep into all the penalty slider stuff. I felt my sliders played out good with my setup so I really didn't want to mess up my combination but a lot of guys say it does affect the gameplay. I just didn't feel the need to test it out which would have probably created another headache for me with all the testing I was doing..
On the subject of sliders, I wanted to thank you. I utilized one of your sliders sets as a base and came up with a very balanced set for head to head games for myself and a friend of mine. The fact that both of us agree it makes for a balanced game is nearly miraculous, so again thanks because your set allowed me a place to start and tweak from there.

If anyone wants the set we used I will post them, it makes for an interesting game h2h and a decent challenge against quality CPU opponents.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #59
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

there's nothing worse than playing the cpu in a close game all the way down to the fourth quarter. They get the ball back on their own 15 yard line with 3 time outs left. 1:45 to go in the game and the cpu AI calls back to back running plays that go absolutely no where and don't use a time out after either one of them. They constantly milk the clock down on themselves.

also there are times when they should be kicking a field goal late in the half going in to score with NO timeouts left and they call a running play on my 20 yard line. boom the half is over they get no points.

things like these kill the whole experience for me and when you are playing 13-15 minute quarters it ends up being a huge waste of time because the game has been going on for well over an hour to and hour and a half.

EA needs to address this BEFORE the release of these titles this year, they sould maybe think about implementing some kind of VIP "playback" system like they have in nba2k.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #60
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

@CT Pittbul, What is the VIP system?

I am thinking that they should open up the game planning feature and allow us to "apply/attach" custom game plans to CPU teams...

It would also be nice if the CPU used my playbook and game plan for me in my absence - say you have to miss a league game - it would be great if my user opponent had to play against my game plan, thus allowing you a certain amount of influence on your chances in games you can't be present for.

I know TGTSNBN had a system were it tracked user play calls and execution of moves. I don't know how well it worked cuz I was the only guy around here playing that game - but it would be great if EA attempted such a system...
Old 05-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #61
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Whether YOU wanna call it cheating or psychic play on All-Madden in head to head matches your AI players respond much better then they do when you play somebody on All-Pro. I guarantee you would get less complaints from gamers in online play if the gameplay was on All-Madden because you would be able to play better defense instead of having to depend on your AI players playing like high school scrubs on All-Pro. Most of the complaints would come from scrub gamers who can't get away with the cheesy stuff they are use to doing on All-Pro.

I disagree that there is cheating and psychic play from your AI players on All-Madden in USER vs USER matches. I feel that the ratings play out much better(not 100 percent) on that level then it does on All-Pro. That may be a debate in human vs CPU matchups in some areas but not in head to head games..

Problem with making All-Madden the default H2H setting is that it does nothing to fix the base problem, which is proper AI play, CPU play, programmed football fundamentals and representation of fundamentals on the field.
We can say that All-Madden plays out better than All-Pro, but considering All-Pro, that is not much of an accomplishment. We need programmers and the Dev. Leaders to take a true interest in creating a fundamentally sound football program...

In the meantime they certainly could set All-Madden as the default H2H play, but that may just delay actual work on correcting fundamental errors.

As I stated in a previous post I would just like someone from EA to state exactly, with precise explanation, examples and mathematical formulas, how sliders work, both user, CPU and penalty..Want to see what settings represent the unmodified calculation of player attributes/ratings and traits. If there is not a true slider setting for true unmodified player ratings calculations then there needs to be one, first and foremost...But I would be surprised if anyone currently employed by EA Tiburon could accomplish the request....Seems sliders is some legendary mystery that is there but no one knows why or how...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #62
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
@CT Pittbul, What is the VIP system?

I am thinking that they should open up the game planning feature and allow us to "apply/attach" custom game plans to CPU teams...

It would also be nice if the CPU used my playbook and game plan for me in my absence - say you have to miss a league game - it would be great if my user opponent had to play against my game plan, thus allowing you a certain amount of influence on your chances in games you can't be present for.

I know TGTSNBN had a system were it tracked user play calls and execution of moves. I don't know how well it worked cuz I was the only guy around here playing that game - but it would be great if EA attempted such a system...
the VIP system in NBA2k is a system that tracks your gameplay over the course of time while you play the game. It tracks your stats and data as well as style of play(decision making). You can then assign this to the cpu AI when they are playing you, so they will play a mirroring style that you actually play in the game. so in effect you are really playing yourself. I just think it would be a great idea especially for those who play "sim" football and want the ai to do the same.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #63
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31

Takin' the Offline franchise experience back to 06 would be nice.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
We need programmers and the Dev. Leaders to take a true interest in creating a fundamentally sound football program...
In my opinion, that's probably the last think we need, does anyone seriously think the Madden Devs are sitting around all day long thinking "Oh, sure, we could be programming awesome line interactions and great defensive AI, but hey, we just don't care, let's just watch some funny cats on youtube"?

What we really need is EA giving the Madden team the time and money neccessary to do all those things, I'm quite sure the developers would like nothing more than to make the perfect football simulation, but there's only so much a certain amount of people can do in a certain amount of time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »