Home

According to IGN, Madden 25 is on PC

This is a discussion on According to IGN, Madden 25 is on PC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #137
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: According to IGN, Madden 25 is on PC

I agree with bucky60.. The pc players are treated with utter contempt and then ultimately blamed -- it's pure hodgepodge. If I wanted to pirate the game it's just as easy to pirate console version.

Look it, there is nothing lost by bringing it to PC. All games ultimately are created on a pc and then optimized. With the next gen being all pc architecture it's a no brainer. However, everything EA does is based on fear of losing a buck. And when you do things based on fear, as opposed to looking at the potential upside, then you make very bad decisions.

Look at SimCity. That game could have been absolutely epic. It sold 1.1 million copies in first week. And then what happened... it got universally panned because of the DRM. As a result sales came to a grinding halt. That game could have sold 10x more by now if they didn't make moves based on fear.

What you fear you cannot escape. They themselves created the very situation which they were trying to avoid.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #138
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
I agree with bucky60.. The pc players are treated with utter contempt and then ultimately blamed -- it's pure hodgepodge. If I wanted to pirate the game it's just as easy to pirate console version.

Look it, there is nothing lost by bringing it to PC. All games ultimately are created on a pc and then optimized. With the next gen being all pc architecture it's a no brainer. However, everything EA does is based on fear of losing a buck. And when you do things based on fear, as opposed to looking at the potential upside, then you make very bad decisions.

Look at SimCity. That game could have been absolutely epic. It sold 1.1 million copies in first week. And then what happened... it got universally panned because of the DRM. As a result sales came to a grinding halt. That game could have sold 10x more by now if they didn't make moves based on fear.

What you fear you cannot escape. They themselves created the very situation which they were trying to avoid.
So this is your opinion of every single company that doesnt port their games to PC? Because that's must of them. Nearly everything every gaming company does is centered around ROI (or however you wish to construct that statement to try and vent about EA).

SimCity sold nearly 2 million copies despite the criticism, btw.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #139
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
So this is your opinion of every single company that doesnt port their games to PC? Because that's must of them. Nearly everything every gaming company does is centered around ROI (or however you wish to construct that statement to try and vent about EA).

SimCity sold nearly 2 million copies despite the criticism, btw.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Only 2 mil.. That game could have been epic. They screwed the pooch on that one. With the greatest of respect.

Everything they do is based on fear.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #140
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

This thread has run its course since it is now no longer a discussion on Madden for the PC considering it's not happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »