Home

Will Madden ever implement offensive/defensive coordinators?

This is a discussion on Will Madden ever implement offensive/defensive coordinators? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5
Will Madden ever implement offensive/defensive coordinators?

I, for one, would enjoy being an offensive or defensive coordinator in Madden. Do you guys think EA will ever put this feature in Connected Careers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Will Madden ever implement offensive/defensive coordinators?

I'm sure they will, NCAA Football has them; the fact of the matter is that they have been playing catch up this entire gen as far as game-play, features, and modes. With Madden 25 we have just now gotten back to the point to where this game was in 2005! With the next-gen upon us, the Ignite engine, and better preparation as the claim, hopefully they have a better foundation to start with and will be able to add all the things we want because they are not so far behind.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
They said that it was on their plate for M25 but didn't have enough time. Should be in next year.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 05-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Hopefully they will drop the old bonuses (like RT STR +2) and add in something more fleshed out.

High motor bonus for "motivator" coaches, playbook knowledge boost for "strategist", or what have you.

And each coach should have a group specialty not individual position, except maybe QB. DB, LB, DL, OL, WR/TE, RB Rather than each individual position.

I haven't really completely fleshed out this idea in my mind, but unless they are going to give us fully fleshed out staffs - position coaches and coordinators - then the coaches we do get need broader impacts.

And I wonder how XP will work from owner mode once more coaches are in? Even this year, as the owner will I be buying XP packages for a head coach I may end up firing?
Old 05-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

I didnt like the boost theory how it was so broad.

I think it'd be cool that if you were implementing specific schemes, you have to bring in certain assistants, if you bring the wrong ones, it wi affect the team negatively.

Also I believe that there should be coach types.

As a Segway, I think that awareness for players, should be showed by Mis-reading plays, running routes wrong, blocking the wrong guy, etc. kind of relates to the new coach, implementing a playbook or scheme.

As we know a lot of players just need to be in the right scheme or have been in the wrong scheme, then blow up out of no where. That should be a thing to relate with assistants and players.

Last thing, I think that the players should have certain characteristics like the old player roles again. To further expand on selling jerseys or making fans happy. Just adds depth.

Last edited by FlyEaglesFly3; 05-28-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

And I wonder how XP will work from owner mode once more coaches are in?
Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
I didnt like the boost theory how it was so broad.

I think it'd be cool that if you were implementing specific schemes, you have to bring in certain assistants, if you bring the wrong ones, it wi affect the team negatively.

Also I believe that there should be coach types.

As a Segway, I think that awareness for players, should be showed by Mis-reading plays, running routes wrong, blocking the wrong guy, etc. kind of relates to the new coach, implementing a playbook or scheme.

As we know a lot of players just need to be in the right scheme or have been in the wrong scheme, then blow up out of no where. That should be a thing to relate with assistants and players.

Last thing, I think that the players should have certain characteristics like the old player roles again. To further expand on selling jerseys or making fans happy. Just adds depth.
The player roles is so badly needed, made a huge difference to the mode and would also help in presentation. Players identified as certain roles could have specific tweets or commentary that would accompany them.

Say Sam Bradford becomes a 'playoff performer' Simms and Nantz will announce that "Bradford has forged a reputation in the playoffs and the Rams will be depending on his arm to take them to the NFC Championship Game"

Likewise each coach or co-ordinator will have similar 'roles' attributed to them, so Martz or McDaniels could be QB Gurus/Offensive geniuses, or you could have promising coaching talent etc. which would help shore up how the CPU would manage retaining of staffs and potential hires when HCs get fired.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #8
Rookie

NudeUp's Arena

OVR: 4

In the PS2 versions, you could hire and fire coordinators. You just couldnt play as them.

I would be happy if they just added the hiring and firing part back in. Not too fussed about playing as either one. If Im the coach, Id rather play both sides of the ball. When I wanna play one or the other I create player as a QB or MLB.

Last edited by NudeUp; 05-29-2013 at 02:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »