Home

Are mini-games gone from now on?

This is a discussion on Are mini-games gone from now on? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #9
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Are mini-games gone from now on?

Mini games form PS2 were awesome. Wouldnt mind at all if they brought them back.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #10
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Thumbs up Re: Are mini-games gone from now on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
I now the op was about just the standard mini game outside of franchise, but I would love to see this feature brought back for connected franchise and expanded on. Sorry, this will be a long post.

In arethe NFL, organizations hold voluntary offseason condition programs, rookie mini camps, OTAs and training camp. This is where a lot of improvement is made for players in the NFL. Since the game has taken on such a RPG aspect, I think adding these offseason programs is essential.

What better way to implement this then to give the user control.

Right after the draft, you can hold a rookie minicamp that includes your draft class, practice squad players, and your undrafted free agents. You can run them through a series of mini games and practices. This will allow coaches to get a feel for their players in game like situations. While also giving a slight amount of xp for individual performance.

After the rookie minicamp, you can have an offseason conditioning program. There was a thread about realistic contracts or the lack of them posted yesterday. Many players have bonuses written in to their contract. Based on a players overall morale, they can decide to attend these camps. Players who do attend, can receive slight boosts to conditioning type ratings. Such as strength and stamina. Older players who attend will help them maintain these ratings longer.

After this, teams can hold OTAs. You can run through a handful of players through mini games and practices for xp.

And finally, training camp. Here you can run all of your players through one mini game if you choose and a couple practices. Gaining xp based on performance.

Now, I know some will feel this will be a way to boost players way to fast. But I think if they made the xp gain minimal, this will be a great chance to explore your new players before getting too deep into regular season games while also practicing and learning different aspects of the game.

And for those who do t want to put the time into, you can just sim past it and the CPU will handle this for you.

It's something I would love to see next gen. Football is a year round sport, we should be given the keys to the offseason to make our teams better.
I completely agree, the off-season should be a season within it's self, for years its been like, long regular season fast forward through the off season in a couple of hours or less (minus preseason games) then back to the regular season. Coaches are responsible for getting their team ready for the season an the off season is when it happens. Coach mode should have just as much to do as owners if not more. Football is the only sport where teams practice more than they play and it should be represented in a NFL game.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 05-30-2013 at 07:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »