Home

#1 Issue that needs to work for you this year in Madden 25

This is a discussion on #1 Issue that needs to work for you this year in Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: #1 Issue that needs to work for you this year in Madden 25

I want to.. right out of the box.. be able to play a game vs the CPU and actually have to try my hardest to win. I don't want to have to sit there spending hours adjusting sliders just to give the CPU a chance, let alone hope for realistic stats.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #10
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

AI playcalling....

not only do the cpu need to call proper plays for the situation, they also need to learn to take the 5yd pickup and get into 2nd & 5

when i play the pats the TE's should get catches, megatron needs 10 targets a game atleast.

they cpu needs to stop throwing late bombs into triple coverage on 3rd down, its OK to punt or take the fg.

the basics of football needs to be implemented so the cpu and stay competitive...

its no fun when you know on 3rd and 9 the cpu will call 4 wide verts EVERYTIME...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 06-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #11

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

AI AI AI oh and AI. Biggest issue with the game. I just wanna see some form of improvement in that department. Looks like blocking AI may have been improved but only time will tell. I can send the same blitz to the cpu 4 times in a row and it wont pick up on that. You can call the same handful of plays all game and dominate the cpu. Im a offline franchise guy. I need the AI to be better. User AI teammates are terrible as well.

EDIT: How could I forget penalties. Its a joke that we have gone a entire console generation with no improvement in that department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Runners maintaining balance. As bad as the blocking is (and it's bad), inside running is a chore because halfbacks fall at the slightest brush.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #13
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm glad the issue of AI is getting more traction here in the last few wks -- major flaw to this game.

I hope the OP doesn't mind that I have a few #1 issues that need to be addressed before buying M25 and/or a new console:

1) Vastly improved offline AI
1) Signature animations that work
1) Auto subs that work

Notice these aren't back of the box features. These are simply items that once worked in Madden that now don't work (or barely do).

These may not move the needle for many others, but as I like to say, those items are cornerstones of my immersion. No-go for me if these things aren't addressed.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #14
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Honestly, I'm so used to fixing or adjusting things to work how I need them to...and with more editing/customizing back this year...I guess, the one thing I absolutely need to work right (because we likely wouldn't be able to fix it) is the draft importing. Oddly sized players with over-the-top equipment/shoulder pads reminiscent of Raiders fans in the Black Hole will be a let down.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #15
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I want to repeat, so maybe someone at EA sees the repetition: CPU AI.

I've "Liked" every comment in this thread so far that talks about this.

I'm glad for the people who prioritize presentation and broadcast that there's some stuff out this weekend talking about more improvements there. But for me, I buy the game for the fun of the football. Broadcast is sizzle on the steak, but the steak needs to be a lot better with AI

So, like RGiles, if the CPU AI is not a whole lot better, the presentation improvements, owner mode and run free don't do much to excite me, and I may have to pass on this year's version.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 06-02-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #16
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

AI...AI...AI

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »