Home

Is Fumbling an issue in M13? (Carrying Rating)

This is a discussion on Is Fumbling an issue in M13? (Carrying Rating) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
Rookie

MaxxBoogieWS's Arena

OVR: 2
Is Fumbling an issue in M13? (Carrying Rating)

I feel that fumbling is completely random in this year's Madden. It seems like there is only a few players in the game that can cause fumbles (using LB to strip=broken tackle) and it seems like even if your player has a high carrying rating, they will still fumble as much as anyone else.

Maybe fumbling needs to be turned down since it can really change a game. I played as the Falcons against the Jets and I fumbled 4 times with Michael Turner fumbling twice. Is ridiculous fumbling happening to anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxBoogieWS
I feel that fumbling is completely random in this year's Madden. It seems like there is only a few players in the game that can cause fumbles (using LB to strip=broken tackle) and it seems like even if your player has a high carrying rating, they will still fumble as much as anyone else.

Maybe fumbling needs to be turned down since it can really change a game. I played as the Falcons against the Jets and I fumbled 4 times with Michael Turner fumbling twice. Is ridiculous fumbling happening to anyone else?

Fumbling was made harder to trigger making it more random in 13 due to it being so easy to strip the ball in 12. However the biggest culprit with the high carry plays Fumbling seems to rely more on the 'Brace for Hits' trait. I have a 94 carry HB that kept Fumbling the ball when hit hard. I found upping his brace for trait from medium to all has diminished his fumbles greatly....

That said the wonky fumbles still happen from time to time. I can go three games without a single fumble and then have a game with 3+ fumbles. So it tends to happen occasionally sadly.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is Fumbling an issue in M13? (Carrying Rating)

Fumbling with the slider at 50 causes for too many fumbles no doubt, in a user v user scenario.

After a couple seasons online, our total fumbles were about 175% of what the NFL gets. I moved the slider to 60, and now we're good.

I would also agree that carrying doesn't seem to play a big role, the biggest factor is the hit power of the defender IMO. Seems that the majority are triggered by a big hit stick rather than a strip. I loaded up my D with big hitter traits and HPW, and tend to cause more fumbles than other teams in my league.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't know if I would call it an issue, but I think it's definitely a little weird in how it plays out. There are certain things like being contacted while diving and hit sticks that escalate the amount of fumbles regardless of ratings. Hit stick needs to be removed or overhauled into the 'Hard tackle stick'. I would rather see more organic, somewhat random fumbles, than the majority of fumbles being caused by hit sticks.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

no but it seems so many have forgotten that we spent the first 2 some months past release BEGGING ea to fix the freaking CPU run game

I have no faith that anything wrong, will be fixed, I just have faith that something removed from last year's game, will return as a feature the next.

remember madden 12 commentary? HA! there was a theory that it was so bad just to make the 13 revamped commentary look so much better. I have to say, there seems to be some validity to that. what is next "new feature" 32 team control
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Maybe in user vs user games, but I don't feel there's an issue vs CPU.

I don't agree that CAR is meaningless, though the Brace for... trait has a definite impact.

I have Caulder and Griggs in my CCM and Caulder is FAR more fumble prone. His CAR is much lower than Griggs, who's in the 90s. My fumbles slider is around 20-30 in most of my sets. My tackle slider is 45 to 55.

I had Taiwan Jones in earlier seasons and he was a fumble waiting to happen. Caulder improved over that as did Chris Ivory.

CAR isn't the ONLY determination - that might be where it seems weird. STR, POW, type of contact, where you doing a "move" or covering the ball, were you sprinting, your players AWR, TAK of defender, etc.

I always cover when running in traffic, throughout the tackle, and always try to avoid head on hits.

Big Hitter definitely adds to it, another reason to try to avoid direct contact. That said, STR, POW, and TAK still matter. A big hit from Patrick Peterson is different than from Davarius Bullock and his 98 POW.

Last edited by KBLover; 06-03-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I honestly wish I knew an in depth analysis...

I'm assuming hot/cold streaks play a big part in this. Then you have loads of "Big Hitters" on D who jar the ball loose. There are simply too many 99 CAR guys out there who fumble too often.

We have the slider @ 55 in SOS and Trent Richardson had 6/7 fumbles in the first two games!

The big hits are a bit much IMO

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Rookie

trashman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
That said the wonky fumbles still happen from time to time. I can go three games without a single fumble and then have a game with 3+ fumbles. So it tends to happen occasionally sadly.
Pretty sure this is due to the Cold Streaks. They're broken so you fumble once, get on one and all of a sudden they cause the runningbacks Carry rating and brace for hits trait not to matter. I think its the same reason Quarterbacks can go from not throwing any interceptions to throwing 4 in a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »