Home

Madden NFL 25 - Dynamic Player Performance Demystified

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Dynamic Player Performance Demystified within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Dynamic Player Performance Demystified

My hypothesis is that the player ratings are so messed up and out of phase with each other that rarely are any moves or traits ever triggered...

In the case of DL swim, bull and spin moves, in game it is like Reggie White going up against LT Anthony Munoz, each player tops in their position...The majority of battles will be stale mates...
Old 06-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
I read the article with no preconcieved notions about content or quality. I just wanted to get and process information.

After reading it I have to agree that im not sure it wasnt posted just to post something. Nothing new really. If your are a member of the die hard hardcore communities of OS or TSO and you were enlightened by that article then i dont know what to tell you.

Its almost a repost of this article from two years ago.
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...e-cheat-sheet/

I would have hoped in two years we could have progressed to get a better understanding on the topic of traits. Especially from guys who have been involved in the programs that allow direct access to the developers and attending the EA community events.
Exactly man. I want the ratings & traits to be "demystified". I don't care what website or who the article comes from.

This article does none of that.

I still have many questions pertaining to traits. I don't think I'm alone when I want to know how the mechanics work in-depth.

- If I have a 99 CTH/CIT/SPC WR will he drop open passes if he has that trait? What if I have 50 CTH/CIT/SPC WR...we he catch better than the 99 guy if he doesn't have the drops open pass trait?

- What about the DL who has 35 FMV but has the swim move trait vs the 99 FMV DL who doesn't have the trait?

I could go on and on about these questions and throw out many more variations.

Aren't these the questions we all want to know?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

Last edited by NDAlum; 06-03-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #11
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

The one I'd like to know is how the "clutch" trait works vis-a-vis DLinemen? Two of them had it this year: Justin Smith and Jared Allen. But according to the descriptions, defensive ends don't seem to get any bonus. If you moved them out to linebacker, would they suddenly get the improvement? By contrast, if you put "clutch" Clay Matthews in as a 4-3 DE would he lose it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #12
Banned

californ14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
The one I'd like to know is how the "clutch" trait works vis-a-vis DLinemen? Two of them had it this year: Justin Smith and Jared Allen. But according to the descriptions, defensive ends don't seem to get any bonus. If you moved them out to linebacker, would they suddenly get the improvement? By contrast, if you put "clutch" Clay Matthews in as a 4-3 DE would he lose it?
I agree 100%...Wish we could get a detailed explanation with mathematical formulas....

My vision would be that the "clutch" is only active within something like 2 minutes or less left in the game; and I sort of equate it to how DE Reggie White had back to back sacks against the Patriots in the closing minute of their Super Bowl against the Patriots in 1996 to seal the win for the Pack...

FOr most of the game Reggie White was just, "there." He stepped it up right at the end, the clutch time....

Now, that is how I envision it, like a dream...What I really believe is that none of it works...Traits and player ratings are broken.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sorry, still mystified. "Dynamic Player Performance: Your Guess is as Good as Mine," seems a more fitting title. I realize sarcasm is not awesome when someone tries to explain, but the writer didn't do much more than regurgitate old news and define very basic terms. I realize it's hard to perform extensive, rigorous tests in Madden. Still, if the goal is to "demystify" something, it would be better to test the heck out of the game or to squeeze some answers out of EA. If that's not possible, then the mystery lives on.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Some of you guys are unreal. The writer of the article didn't post it on this site. Someone else did. He didn't have to provide any info at all. If you know more or can bring more to the table then lets here it. Other wise why be so critical?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #15
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

This made me really scratch my head.. the article claims that's it was created largely because of confusion over the Tight Spiral Trait and peoples confusion about what it does and doesn't do. Then on the Tight Spiral Trait it says:

Tight Spiral Trait:

" You can decide for yourself if that creates a more catchable ball. "

Thanks EA Sports

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2013, 02:20 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Some of you guys are unreal. The writer of the article didn't post it on this site. Someone else did. He didn't have to provide any info at all. If you know more or can bring more to the table then lets here it. Other wise why be so critical?
He claims to "demystify" DPP, why is it wrong to hold him to that standard?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »