Home

Need a team for Offline CCM

This is a discussion on Need a team for Offline CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5
Need a team for Offline CCM

I am seriously considering doing an offline CCM for madden 13. Problem is, I need help deciding which team to use.

Here is the kind of player that I am:
1) I pass at least 65% of the time and have at times passed 85% of the time. I run a version of the Air Raid offense (used in college football).
2) If I run, I gut it up th middle most of the time. I like backs who can run it up the middle.
3) Defensively, I place a major emphasis on defensive line and the secondary (pass defense is my defensive specialty).
4) I blitz a good bit, but not excessively.
5) I do a lot of medium and deep passing, so accuracy in those areas are very important.

Here is what I want in a team:

1) A good quarterback, under the age of 30. Preference will be given to teams with a young franchise quarterback.
2) A good offensive line, especially in pass protection. I collapse with a bad OL.
3) A good receiving corps, as I need at least 2 good WR's, 3 is great.
4) Defensive line: I prefer a pass rushing DL.
5) Secondary: it should be good, if not great.
6) A team suited for the Air Raid offense.

So can you guys help me pick a tumm to use that best fits my play style and criteria? If so, please state which team(s) would be a good fit.

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)

Last edited by Guru03; 06-03-2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: misspelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
Pro

live to die54's Arena

Re: Need a team for Offline CCM

packers just move matthews and perry to DE
49ers just move aldon smith to DE
seahawks

those are the teams that come to mind
Old 06-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

sounds like you want the giants
Old 06-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #4

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Packers seems like the only option. Giants almost meet those qualifications except Eli is 31 and the secondary is horrid. The only other team I could even remotely think about as a choice would be the Lions. Packers, or maybe Lions honorable mention Saints.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #5
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
1) A good quarterback, under the age of 30. Preference will be given to teams with a young franchise quarterback.
2) A good offensive line, especially in pass protection. I collapse with a bad OL.
3) A good receiving corps, as I need at least 2 good WR's, 3 is great.
4) Defensive line: I prefer a pass rushing DL.
5) Secondary: it should be good, if not great.
6) A team suited for the Air Raid offense.

So can you guys help me pick a tumm to use that best fits my play style and criteria? If so, please state which team(s) would be a good fit.
I may be biased but I would say the Falcons mostly fit your criteria.

Matt Ryan is highly rated 92 ovr in the pocket qb scheme and I believe he is 25.

Great offensive line. With Sam Baker, Todd Mcclure, Justin Blalock, Tyson Clabo, and Garrett Reynolds (though I prefer Peter Konz). With suitable back ups at tackle and guard in William Svetick and Peter Konz. You shouldn't feel much pressure in the pocket.

The WR corps is great with Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, and Harry Douglas as a speedy threat (though some points in his CIT would do him well).

The Falcons d-line in real life may be sorry but in Madden with John Abraham plugged in at LE, Kroy Biermann (or Sean Weatherspoon depending on how important line backers are to you) plugged in at RE and with Jonathan Babineax and Corey Peters at DT you won't be the most feared line but you should be able to make a QB rather uncomfortable.

With Brent Grimes, Dunta Robinson, and Asante Samuel at corner and William Moore and Thomas DeCoud at Safety. It should be rare to ever give up a big play.

As for running the Air Raid, the Falcons offense would work with Julio and Roddy on the outsides. Harry Douglas on the inside and either Tony Gonzalez or Drew Davis as your forth.

The Falcons weaknesses lie mainly at MLB and at HB. Jaquizz Rodgers works well up the middle but doesn't have the speed to take it to the house. Michael Turner breaks tackles but isn't the ideal back (still more usable than he is in real life though). Akeem Dent at MLB while he shouldn't lose you any games, won't win you any either. With Stephen Nicholas at LOLB you won't have trouble blitzing but he will not be great in pass coverage.

Like I said I may be biased but ot would seem to fit most of your criteria.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

Any more suggestions?

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Old 06-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

I'd go with the 49ers, Kaep is an awesome QB, they got a great Oline, Crabs is finally who he is supposed to be and Davis, while a TE, is a better receiving threat than most slot WRs, their pass rush is great and you got maybe the best LB corps in the game, secondary needs a little improving but that's true for almost every team in the game. They're already an awesome team and in Madden they should only get better for the next couple years at least if you draft right.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

those are the teams that come to mind

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »