Home

Madden25 next gen to be showed June10.

This is a discussion on Madden25 next gen to be showed June10. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden25 next gen to be showed June10.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin26385
Should be interesting, I know a lot of people will be tuning in just to see what those graphics look like haha
Well, if they are going to show actual gameplay then this will be the biggest day as far as football gaming goes in the last 8 years for most of us.

Personally, I could care less about the graphics. It will be nice to see the living sideline. However I will be looking at three main things..

1. Locomotion/Footplanting/Running Animations- This should be 100% noticeable right out of the gate, and we really need a complete 180 from what we had this generation. They are touting this as a top feature of this engine, and to be quite honest, it has to be! (FOR EVERY PLAYER ON THE FIELD, NOT JUST THE BALL CARRIER)

2. Animation Engine- This should be another that should stick out pretty quickly. I dont want to see all this herky jerky, odd looking animations on every play like we currently have this generation. It is very obvious that they have had some serious issues with their animation engine this gen. Just pick up and play EA's own NHL or FIFA, or NBA 2k and see how much more smooth the game play is. (Heck pop in Madden 05 for PS2 and that is much smoother)

3. Player Interaction- Whether it be OL/DL or DB/WR. I want to see real player interaction like FIFA's josteling system. No more of these patty cake (suction) blocking animations, or DB morphing through WR's. We need true player interaction like just about every other sports game has.

Quite honestly, I am hoping this next-gen Madden looks nothing like this generation of Madden. For the reasons that we have all been talking about the last 8 years. I really hope this Madden team has been hard at work on this new game engine...

EDIT: If there is audio, I am also interested in CROWD ATMOSPHERE. This has been severely lacking this generation and it is something they are touting as a top feature of the new engine. They really need to bring the stadium to life and suck us into the experience. IMO, the #1 thing they can do from a presentation standpoint for immersion is make the stadium come alive, and the crowd to sound, react, and swell like a real crowd. They need to act appropriately to everything happening on the field.

Last edited by ch46647; 06-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

ch46647 You have a great list, it will be interesting to see what the EA SPORTS IGNITE engine is capable of.

I agree on the audio comment, although we probably won't hear much if they do show off a demo.

Personally, I don't think they can have the crowd volume loud enough. One day I hope we can get it so loud that I have to turn down my television. I have been to 40+ games at Soldier Field and there is nothing better than a ear piercing crowd going crazy after a big play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Grady. One of my most love actors from the good old days of TV sitcoms. Played on Sanford and Son.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
ch46647 You have a great list, it will be interesting to see what the EA SPORTS IGNITE engine is capable of.

I agree on the audio comment, although we probably won't hear much if they do show off a demo.

Personally, I don't think they can have the crowd volume loud enough. One day I hope we can get it so loud that I have to turn down my television. I have been to 40+ games at Soldier Field and there is nothing better than a ear piercing crowd going crazy after a big play.
100% co-sign. Been saying this for years. I was shocked, and very happy that EA has made stadium atmosphere at top 3 main selling point to their engine. I am really hoping they are blowing it out of the water with stadium presentation.

Just ask yourself, how exciting would NFL games be if stadiums were empty or nobody was cheering? (Or any sports event for that matter)

Stadium atmosphere is 80% of the experience, if not more.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

Going to be honest. With all of the disc space and ram the next Gen consoles will have. EA no longer has any excuses not to make Madden good as possible. Yes it will have glitches and bugs. But which game doesn't. But when it comes to presentation or graphics and even gameplay. EA should have more then enough room on the next Gen game discs to get the job done. Blu Ray discs that is. So they should be able to get it done this coming Gen. consoles.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 06-06-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
MVP

It would also be nice if they could add ball physics to Madden. They have it in NHL and FIFA. It would make the game look and play so much more organic. I would love to see the day a DB bats the ball and it floats in the air and we can manually grab a player and try to track it down for an interception.

As it stands now, the ball would go like a magnet right into the ground. Or fly off is some direction one way or the other and hit the ground like a ton of bricks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Well, if they are going to show actual gameplay then this will be the biggest day as far as football gaming goes in the last 8 years for most of us.

Personally, I could care less about the graphics. It will be nice to see the living sideline. However I will be looking at three main things..

1. Locomotion/Footplanting/Running Animations- This should be 100% noticeable right out of the gate, and we really need a complete 180 from what we had this generation. They are touting this as a top feature of this engine, and to be quite honest, it has to be! (FOR EVERY PLAYER ON THE FIELD, NOT JUST THE BALL CARRIER)

2. Animation Engine- This should be another that should stick out pretty quickly. I dont want to see all this herky jerky, odd looking animations on every play like we currently have this generation. It is very obvious that they have had some serious issues with their animation engine this gen. Just pick up and play EA's own NHL or FIFA, or NBA 2k and see how much more smooth the game play is. (Heck pop in Madden 05 for PS2 and that is much smoother)

3. Player Interaction- Whether it be OL/DL or DB/WR. I want to see real player interaction like FIFA's josteling system. No more of these patty cake (suction) blocking animations, or DB morphing through WR's. We need true player interaction like just about every other sports game has.

Quite honestly, I am hoping this next-gen Madden looks nothing like this generation of Madden. For the reasons that we have all been talking about the last 8 years. I really hope this Madden team has been hard at work on this new game engine...

EDIT: If there is audio, I am also interested in CROWD ATMOSPHERE. This has been severely lacking this generation and it is something they are touting as a top feature of the new engine. They really need to bring the stadium to life and suck us into the experience. IMO, the #1 thing they can do from a presentation standpoint for immersion is make the stadium come alive, and the crowd to sound, react, and swell like a real crowd. They need to act appropriately to everything happening on the field.

I co-sign with this guy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »