Home

E3 is almost here, what are you going to be looking for in the M25 Videos?

This is a discussion on E3 is almost here, what are you going to be looking for in the M25 Videos? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #33
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: E3 is almost here, what are you going to be looking for in the M25 Videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
How can you sit there and say that? You are just throwing something at the wall and hoping it sticks. You have not seen any more than the rest of us, they showed us a CGI trailer. Certainly it isn't EA's past that makes you so confident they will deliver. I am not going to claim it is or isn't going to be amazing until we actually see it, and for anyone to do so at this point is ridiculous.
Similar to when people claim a movie or new album from favorite artist is going to be da bomb and it turns out it isn't?

That's why I don't read too much into anyone's opinion, but my own.

It's just someone's opinion.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #34
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Similar to when people claim a movie or new album from favorite artist is going to be da bomb and it turns out it isn't?

That's why I don't read too much into anyone's opinion, but my own.

It's just someone's opinion.
It's hardly even an opinion because there hasn't been any concrete information to base an opinion off of yet. At this point it is more of a wild guess. That said, the 3 things that the ingnite engine is supposed to be based around (A.I, player movement, atmosphere) are as good of a top 3 that I could have built of what needed to be improved.

EA has a hell of a marketing team though, there is a reason they sell such similar games each year and people keep buying them. That is why I am not believing anything until I see it first hand.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #35
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13

I want to gameplay of next gen with ignite engine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #36
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
People are going to be blown away..... with next gen. I stand by that and will be here to answer anyone about that Monday. I expect some improvements with current gen but aside from next gen, nobody will be blown away.
Would you put money on it?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #37
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
People are going to be blown away..... with next gen. I stand by that and will be here to answer anyone about that Monday. I expect some improvements with current gen but aside from next gen, nobody will be blown away.
I suggest you look at the topic title again (of which you started)....there is no mention of next gen....IMO,this was supposed to be about current gen,but I see it doesn't fit your argument,so you so conveniently change it to "next gen"

You also started a topic about next gen Madden to be shown...so which is it? you want to gloss over this topic (which is the more prevalent one) and make it all about the "next" wave of Madden now?

As was mentioned earlier...do you have a crystal ball?...I sure would like to know how Madden is going to be the "bomb" on next gen...oh wait.....wasn't Madden 13 also supposed to be the "bomb"?

I guess it wouldn't be Madden though without the yearly "next year" talk...but now it only gets better,cause we now have "next gen" to look forward to.

I have never in all my life seen a game get sooooo many excuses,it's really becoming quite comical at this point.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #38
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

It amazes me that anyone could be so confident in next-gen at release without skepticism.I don't even have the slightest confidence until proven otherwise.Current-gen holding them back excuses are ridiculous when considering the other sports titles that didn't seem to have issues even early on.It's highly doubtful we'll be shown anything but a CGI hype trailer Monday.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #39
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
It amazes me that anyone could be so confident in next-gen at release without skepticism.I don't even have the slightest confidence until proven otherwise.Current-gen holding them back excuses are ridiculous when considering the other sports titles that didn't seem to have issues even early on.It's highly doubtful we'll be shown anything but a CGI hype trailer Monday.
I can't imagine all they would have for E3 for these games is another CGI trailer. There was enough backlash after the May 21 trailer being CGI. I have to believe they will have SOMETHING in game to show for each game. Thats what has me so excited/nervous, because I think monday is make or break time for the next many years to come.

If they show something that looks unbelievable, then perhaps there is merit to things like the launch to this gen just set them back so far it was hard to recover, and system restrictions (even though other developers somehow make great games, but okay EA), and whatever other excuses they have. If they show something which looks buggy and doesn't look at least pretty close to the CGI trailer, it will be obvious that EA is full of smoke, and I think people will start realizing it more than ever. That is why I have SOME hope for it, just because there is SO much pressure for them to deliver at launch this time around after what happened 8 years ago.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #40
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
I can't imagine all they would have for E3 for these games is another CGI trailer. There was enough backlash after the May 21 trailer being CGI. I have to believe they will have SOMETHING in game to show for each game. Thats what has me so excited/nervous, because I think monday is make or break time for the next many years to come.

If they show something that looks unbelievable, then perhaps there is merit to things like the launch to this gen just set them back so far it was hard to recover, and system restrictions (even though other developers somehow make great games, but okay EA), and whatever other excuses they have. If they show something which looks buggy and doesn't look at least pretty close to the CGI trailer, it will be obvious that EA is full of smoke, and I think people will start realizing it more than ever. That is why I have SOME hope for it, just because there is SO much pressure for them to deliver at launch this time around after what happened 8 years ago.
I just would be surprised to see actual game play at this point for next-gen.I believe they may actually release a respectable product this time at launch but nowhere near the expectations of some of the people posting here.When I say respectable I mean not something nearly as atrocious as '06 was,something acceptable by 'Madden standards.I don't say EA because they've shown in other sports they can do a little better.

Last edited by gr18; 06-08-2013 at 09:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »