Home

June 10th- Biggest Day for Football Gamers in 8 Years

This is a discussion on June 10th- Biggest Day for Football Gamers in 8 Years within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
June 10th- Biggest Day for Football Gamers in 8 Years

Well, today is the day we finally get to see the next generation of football gaming. For most of us, this day simply could not have gotten here soon enough. Most people on these boards consider this generation of football gaming a complete flop. EA just could not pull it together and create a solid gaming experience for us football fans. Personally, I blame it on the fact that they built an extremely sub-par engine, and just could not build a great game off of that foundation. Also, you can couple that with multiple leadership changes, and a clear mis-understanding of the direction they wanted to go with Madden.

This bring us to today, when EA claims to be unveiling their brand new IGNITE engine. EA has admitted to the fact that they have had many challenges with Madden over this generation, and have all but come out and flat admitted that Madden was not on PAR with other quality sports games this generation.

The Madden developers and executives have been touting realism the last three years, but we have seen very limited improvement to the game. In some areas we have seen flat out regression.

This is EA's opportunity to show thier fans that they have been listening, and want to make things right for thier customers. They have been building this new engine for the last two years, and this is the chance to break from the old "very outdated" 06 Madden engine.

I am very nervous, anxious, and excited for what we will see today. I really hope EA is as confident in this engine as they sound on their twitter feed, homepage, and multiple news articles about this new engine. If they are, we should see some actual gamplay today, and I know for a fact that I will be able to tell within the first 15 seconds if EA has come through with their promise of a better next-gen experience.

Sorry for the long post, but I have been waiting for this day for a LONG time. I do not want to go another 8 years of not having a football game to enjoy. I want EA to set the bar with Madden like they used too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: June 10th- Biggest Day for Football Gamers in 8 Years

Does anyone know what channel E3 is on? I checked Spike, but there is some Ink Master marathon on all day tomorrow
Old 06-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Does anyone know what channel E3 is on? I checked Spike, but there is some Ink Master marathon on all day tomorrow
My Spike HD channel is showing E3. Even has a countdown on screen.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Let the Games Begin...

I want to be blown away, but Im not expecting to

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 06-10-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

If EA screws up again or the isn't what people want it to be, this board will explode, I'm expecting mixed reactions today. Their will be naysayers and there will people people who love it. I definitely don't think it will be lop sided to one way or the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

so its 100% we will see next gen madden gameplay today?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Low expectations for Madden. Optimistic about pretty much everything else. If you have to ask why you haven't spent enough time on this board.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

8 years of garbage from Madden has turned me into a non believer espeically with madden 13 being the most boring game to date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »