Home

Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4, Adrian Peterson Cover

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4, Adrian Peterson Cover within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 25 Trailer - E3 2013: Gameplay - Xbox One & PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman112
all pre rendered, no real gameplay, no suprised
the guy specifically said it was real gameplay before it was shown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I loved everything they said, but I didn't care for much that I saw. I don't think the game looked much better, and I thought movement was still really funky looking.

But if they deliver on everything they said about line play and CPU awareness, I'll be a happy man.
Looked similar graphics wise to this gen
Old 06-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #43
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

If you can't view the video above, trying following this link to YouTube.
Hmmm ..... At the 43 sec mark, it looks eerily similar to some of that stuff that used to happen with pro tak.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #44
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6

I love what I saw before that cut up replay trailer. That's what got me hype I wanted to see foot planting, players making realistic reactions to what's happening in front of them, and Better OL/DL play. I'm interested to the point I won't be getting this on Current Gen anymore.
"For me, winning isn't something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream." -Emmitt Smith
Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #45
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewb27
Justin Smith doesn't bust through the line...he fails to get a sack or tackle more than 70 percent of the time he's on the field.
Some of the best running backs of all time do not have proper running technique, no coach would teach his back to run like Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, or hold the ball with one hand like Walter Sweetness Payton did.
How would we see the nuances if they didn't do sizzle reels, cause if they only showed gameplay we'd miss alot of those same things.
My point is people expect things to be a certain way when that is not how it works in real life. Do you really understand how much players fail , especially linemen, in order to get one good play? A ton.
True, but typically that's because Justin Smith is double teamed by the guard and center. This leads into another point, double team blocking on passing plays, which isn't evident in the trailer. If Justin Smith went 1-on-1 with Morris, I can guarantee that 9/10 times Morris would get destroyed by Smith.

And no running back runs with perfect form, I also agree, but no running back runs hunched over like an old man with the flu and back spasms either...The animations need to represent the modern day style of running. If they could implement signature running styles, I would buy the game in a heartbeat, but I recognize that that is unlikely, and I would be willing to settle for some upright running with the bends in the proper places. By that, I mean much more bend in the knee joints rather than the lower back and hip. It's actually a very simple fix that can be done quickly. It's fundamental flaws like that which keep me from being too optimistic.

Lastly, I recognize the level of human failure in football, that's what makes the game great. However, the level of failure drastically increases as the skill level of the player decreases. Tom Brady will commit many less failures than Jay Cutler. This is why ratings should determine the level of failure in a game. Not just the flip of a coin. Blocking assignments should be blown by the lack of awareness among the o-line, not by just a random choice.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #46
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Reading through the comments, the funny thing is I think everyone is right, lol. Meaning this clip and impressions of next-gen as whole will likely come down to individual POV. Like for me I honestly don't expect greatness from M25 on the new consoles or even good really, I just want solid basics, if that makes sense.

I don't have a high bar for M25 on new consoles but I completely understand those who do.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #47
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
if you compare this to the garbage EA released as a first "next-gen" game (now current-gen) on the 360 and ps3, this series has a bit of promise to it....first iterations of new systems are never that great. this one already looks pretty good. i can't wait to see what upgrades we'll see in the coming 2-3 years.

theyve been preparing for next gen for 2 years, allegedly. what i saw barely set itself apart from current gen. what were they doing for 2 years??
Old 06-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

I don't really see anything earth shattering here.

I can see them now though in the bowels of the EA production studios.

JL: "We have to think of something other than just calling it 'intelligent offense line play' if we want to package it and sell it as a new feature to these poor suckers!"

DM: "How about we call it, 'Proform Impact Blocking System' and let's stamp it on the back of the box, and wham!"

JL: "That would be a good idea if I thought of it, but it's not. Let's call it 'Beta Block 2.0', yes, that's it"

DM: "Get the engineers on the horn. Did they fix that rain problem in Cleveland yet? Ok, we can package that as TWO new features"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »