Home

Madden Next Gen Today at 5:00 PM EST 2 PM PST

This is a discussion on Madden Next Gen Today at 5:00 PM EST 2 PM PST within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #113
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden Next Gen Today at 5:00 PM EST 2 PM PST

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
So this means that the ratings are still gonna be useless and the game is STILL being built off of messy, restrictive and complicated code that makes it impossible to create a sim version of Madden on.

If STR still = Mass and penalty sliders still dictate gameplay elements then the next gen Madden will still be a colossal failure until they amend that.

Someone needs to ask them this stuff desperately so they can put the record straight.
Big concern for me too.....
Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #114
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
So this means that the ratings are still gonna be useless and the game is STILL being built off of messy, restrictive and complicated code that makes it impossible to create a sim version of Madden on.

If STR still = Mass and penalty sliders still dictate gameplay elements then the next gen Madden will still be a colossal failure until they amend that.

Someone needs to ask them this stuff desperately so they can put the record straight.
I'm concerned too, but guys, we always knew this.

When they installed Infinity last year they said it was a big development project that was designed to tee up and become a building block for the long term.

How is this news?

Ok, they made the big Ignite announcement, calling it a new engine, so I get that. They bundled Infinity with other development tools onto a new hardware environment so they could take advantage of things that all these pieces could do together. They built Infinity with this in mind and structured it to be developer friendly for the long term.

It may end up limiting long term growth and quality if they executed al this badly, but their intent at least was to learn the lessons of current gen. They show some real awareness of that with the way they have prepared for the first next gen launch, after the fiasco of the last console upgrade. They just might not screw this up.

I'm ready to be disappointed, and I won't be surprised if there are more legacy issues in next gen than I would like, even while they show real progress on some real things we've been furious about for years.

But this idea that we never knew Infinity was going to be integrated into next gen is just false.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #115
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Not concerned about this one bit, Ignite is powering the AI, that will be the main difference. The game is FAR from done according to Simfballcritic and that dude is always on point with what he tells us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #116
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I'm concerned too, but guys, we always knew this.

When they installed Infinity last year they said it was a big development project that was designed to tee up and become a building block for the long term.

How is this news?

Ok, they made the big Ignite announcement, calling it a new engine, so I get that. They bundled Infinity with other development tools onto a new hardware environment so they could take advantage of things that all these pieces could do together. They built Infinity with this in mind and structured it to be developer friendly for the long term.

It may end up limiting long term growth and quality if they executed al this badly, but their intent at least was to learn the lessons of current gen. They show some real awareness of that with the way they have prepared for the first next gen launch, after the fiasco of the last console upgrade. They just might not screw this up.

I'm ready to be disappointed, and I won't be surprised if there are more legacy issues in next gen than I would like, even while they show real progress on some real things we've been furious about for years.

But this idea that we never knew Infinity was going to be integrated into next gen is just false.
It was news to me. When I saw that they were using Ignite and calling it a 'new' engine, one that would be applied to ALL new EA Sports games, I thought that there would be brand new, unifying tech that would form the basis of all the new games. I was expecting synchronicity. Ball Tek would be in each ball based game, and every ball in a ball based game would be independent of the main animations...
I assumed we'd have an entirely grounded RTP system that would literally eliminate the presence of anything that doesn't exist within the realm of physics.

I guess I believed in EA too much.

This game series will have an uphill battle to progress itself into the sort of revered territory it used to be at, or even that the "other" game has now, because they are still fundamentally restricted.

If they can implement these elements further along, I will be the first one to celebrate, but considering this was the PRIME time to install natural physics and clean up all of the bad code... Yet they didn't.

It's very concerning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Not concerned about this one bit, Ignite is powering the AI, that will be the main difference. The game is FAR from done according to Simfballcritic and that dude is always on point with what he tells us.
I am not judging it off of what we saw there in the video. I'm not judging it about the differences based on pre-alpha or beta stage gameplay, I'm judging it based on the OBVIOUS short cut taken by EA that neglected the opportunity to revolutionise the series (and their other leading sports game series').

What difference does AI make when ratings don't work properly and players can still make interceptions without seeing the ball or even physically being in a position to do so?

C'mon JP you know better than that.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #117
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It was news to me. When I saw that they were using Ignite and calling it a 'new' engine, one that would be applied to ALL new EA Sports games, I thought that there would be brand new, unifying tech that would form the basis of all the new games. I was expecting synchronicity. Ball Tek would be in each ball based game, and every ball in a ball based game would be independent of the main animations...
I assumed we'd have an entirely grounded RTP system that would literally eliminate the presence of anything that doesn't exist within the realm of physics.

I guess I believed in EA too much.

This game series will have an uphill battle to progress itself into the sort of revered territory it used to be at, or even that the "other" game has now, because they are still fundamentally restricted.

If they can implement these elements further along, I will be the first one to celebrate, but considering this was the PRIME time to install natural physics and clean up all of the bad code... Yet they didn't.

It's very concerning.
I hear you. It's just that I never once imagined they were going to build and launch a new engine called Infinity last year and not expect to make long term use of what they built. I mean, there was just no way they would invest the resources into that kind of root and branch level development without expecting to reap the rewards of that investment over several cycles.

And yes, the jury is out as to what they can do with it long term. But we actually don't know how restricted they will be by the legacy sliders and ratings systems on the new platform, with these new programming modules and databases. For year 1, the answer would predictably be, at least, somewhat. Over the longer term we don't know, but we do know they built all this stuff at least with the plan to evolve in the direction we want.

Time will tell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »