Home

Madden 25 next gen video

This is a discussion on Madden 25 next gen video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden 25 next gen video

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Yeah, good commentary. And confirms that the IGN footage is a pretty early build, pre-alpha.
Early build, I can understand. But in all of the videos we've seen, has there been one single pass thrown? Even in the "trailer" when RGIII drops back to pass, he ends up running.

Yeah, maybe I'm being nit-picky, but come on EA - show some passing. The NFL is now a VERY pass-happy league, yet all we see are running plays over and over. It's like Madden 55 - as in 1955...

Old 06-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Early build, I can understand. But in all of the videos we've seen, has there been one single pass thrown? Even in the "trailer" when RGIII drops back to pass, he ends up running.

Yeah, maybe I'm being nit-picky, but come on EA - show some passing. The NFL is now a VERY pass-happy league, yet all we see are running plays over and over. It's like Madden 55 - as in 1955...
I'm guessing they just chose to set up this running demo with AP to highlight the Run Free type moves, foot planting and blocking. I don't read that much into the lack of passing at this stage, though I am worried that M25 will still be a bit disappointing on db v. receiver interactions.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

I have always liked Simfbcritic's commentary...Very informative, direct to the point and easy to listen to.

EA needs to use his approach in informing the community/consumers...Simfbcritic gives people insight along with everything else that is being discussed in his videos, that counts for a lot...Example would be, his explanation of which build we are probably looking at, that is important info for us people who like to critique these things...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

They did show one pass during the E3 demonstration. But you know Tiburon, football in compartments.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
Rookie

Sheen_O_Mack's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

I wouldn't get to worried about it. The running game is what they have been hyping about this years game so of course they are going to focus on it with the next gen stuff. Plus seeing the next-gen game right now is like seeing this gen madden in March I'm surprised they are even showing the little they are.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I'm guessing they just chose to set up this running demo with AP to highlight the Run Free type moves, foot planting and blocking. I don't read that much into the lack of passing at this stage, though I am worried that M25 will still be a bit disappointing on db v. receiver interactions.
You're exactly right. What was shown at E3 was a build to only showcase the running capabilities and blocking upgrades, which still isn't fully developed. Just giving you some insight.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I have always liked Simfbcritic's commentary...Very informative, direct to the point and easy to listen to.

EA needs to use his approach in informing the community/consumers...Simfbcritic gives people insight along with everything else that is being discussed in his videos, that counts for a lot...Example would be, his explanation of which build we are probably looking at, that is important info for us people who like to critique these things...
I appreciate that Fam! My promise to you guys is to always provide any information I'm allowed to give, and always present it from my "Ordinary Consumer" side. I'm a GC, but I'm a SIM head first. I try to inform you of information that I use to wonder about and now have the ability to see for myself. Like you said, those are things the Ordinary Consumer want to know. I feel like that's VERY important. Transparency with your consumer is KEY, I was glad to see Cam do the IGN demo, that's says a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheen_O_Mack
I wouldn't get to worried about it. The running game is what they have been hyping about this years game so of course they are going to focus on it with the next gen stuff. Plus seeing the next-gen game right now is like seeing this gen madden in March I'm surprised they are even showing the little they are.
Smart man! I was very surprised that Cam did that demo, but happy to see him do it this early. Truth is, more focus has been put on current gen as far as development due to release, but now the focus is shifting to Next Gen. They have a solid 3 months or more to develop. Another thing to remember is they are on a short cycle and they are still able to get a lot done. I have to be honest, I was wanting to see how things would work out with the transition, all I can think about is Madden 06.

To see that the game won't be losing any features and there will be gameplay enhancements is big. Next Gen is going to be M25 current and MORE. With this being the first Next Gen game I can't complain, BUT I'm still going to hold the accountable for getting everything right that is being put in this first game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »