Home

E3 2013: Madden NFL 25 Xbox One Hands-On

This is a discussion on E3 2013: Madden NFL 25 Xbox One Hands-On within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: E3 2013: Madden NFL 25 Xbox One Hands-On

Dont know about anyone else but im staying with my 360 for M25. I think that next year will be the year that Madden will be at its best because it will be the third year of their development cycle.

Visually, im not expecting a major leap. If anything, it will be minimal at best. Not only that but I learned a long time ago that launch titles almost always disappoint regardless of what type of game it is. You rarely if ever see a "classic" at launch because it takes time for all the developers to learn the system, its positives, negatives, workarounds, etc.

I'll stay with my 360 and PS3 for at least another year if not longer. Next gen is thus far nothing special. Wii U was pretty much dead on arrival and eight months later, there's still no must buy game for it. Wii U wont pick up any momentum until Nintendo releases their class franchises but by then, it will probably be too late. The original Wii is actually the better option between the two.

Xbox One is going to be dead on arrival as well unless they change some stuff. Kinect always on??? Sorry, I dont give two craps about Kinect but its required or the system wont play games??? You've got be kidding me??? No used games...third parties decide the fees??? Seriously, what were they thinking??? Microsoft is making worse mistakes than what Sony did with their PS3 launch. Only difference is that Sony rebounded. I dont think Microsoft will. And I have to connect EVERY 24 hours???

I prefer 360 over PS3 but as of right now, im 100% leaning towards PS4. $100 less, no bullcrap restrictions, etc.....sign me up. The only negative is that you have to be a PSN+ member to play online but that was expected and since I dont play online, it doesnt affect me either way. Like that they're letting indie developers self publish and have minimal to no restrictions. If I was Tretton (sp?), I would have launched PS4 at $300 instead of $400. $200 less than Xbox One would have pretty much put the nail in their coffin before the system even launches. Granted, Sony would have been losing money but once they release the next Uncharted, Last of Us, etc, they'll easily make it up and eventually get profits.

While im leaning towards PS4 100%, im still not buying it at launch though. No must buy game whatsoever. The last console to have a game that warranted a must buy at launch was Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64. In general, no console has or will ever match the launch of Super Nintendo...now, that was a launch and the way it should be. I will never understand why the "big 3" never have a must buy game at launch but whatever, better for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
Yeah, I've seen some of them, but it's hard to know what's been rendered and what's taken straight from gameplay. I would really like a list of exactly what's in the One that's not in the 360, but I don't think we're likely to get that kind of straightforward information. That may be a bit cynical, but we usually don't find out how games really are as consumers until we buy and play them. That goes for all games, not just Madden. If I'm going to invest in this game, I want to play it for 2-3 years, until the One game gets really good (it usually takes that long on new generation consoles), so it will have to have a really robust feature set and lots of gameplay improvements.
Nothing was rendered for next gen except for the CGI trailer. Everything at the E3 press conference was from actual gameplay. Including the close up of RG3 and his visor. Shopmaster said they had a presentation aside from the demo and it was stuck on that close up of RG3 close up and everyone thought it was just the trailer again, but then the EA rep went and hit the pause button and resumed the game, so that was gameplay that you saw in the E3 trailer.

This is what I am referring to, this is confirmed as in game.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-12-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #27
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
They need to get rid of the canned animations and go 100 percent physics, Canned animations are ruining the game, the tackling is horrid and movement is till kinda stiff and robotic.
I don't think it's so much "canned" animations that ruin this game. It's the way Tiburon uses them.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
They need to get rid of the canned animations and go 100 percent physics, Canned animations are ruining the game, the tackling is horrid and movement is till kinda stiff and robotic.
The problem is that the only football game to go 100% physics (Backbreaker) was frankly dross, so that'll put developers off for a generation at least.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #29
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
Who cares about difficulty on a demo and better yet...how do you suspect it ? lol
The OP stated it was Rookie and he was limited to controlling only AP and only a couple outside run plays (on Rookie difficulty).

This is somewhat concerning because Rookie gives your team superior (100) skill and intelligence while All-Pro (Online base) utilizes 50% of that potential which means we can expect to see at least a 50% reduction in overall effecacy at the line (dbl teams and pocket formation), in RB ability (using contextual awareness and ability to break tackles and ability to recover amd maintain balance and maintain protection of the ball) and basically universally over all skill and awareness.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Someone asked above and I didn't see an answer, but PS4 version will be the same as Xbox One version yes?

I only ask because every "next gen" impression has only mentioned the Xbox One
Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #31
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Why is EA pushing the Xbone version when nobody is gonna buy that thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
You don't get near enough of a picture looking at just a couple minutes of gameplay.

How good is the AI, both on and off the field. CPU AI drafting, FA's, Roster Management, etc. How realistic are injuries? How realistic are the stats in both played and simmed games?

There is so much more to a Video Football game than just "some small sampling of videos look pretty good".

The things I want to see before buying won't even be visible in a demo. I'll just wait until the game is out and in trusted hands before I go forming any opinions.

Not sure how others can form such extreme opinions and even try and correct others opinions with such little "real info".
This is basically what I'm saying. There will likely be no full-scale rundown of present generation features or extended gameplay displaying these features in action. Given the limited implementation of CCM last year, I would have to see some real, hard data that details how the modes work and how the AI works.

What I'd like to see is a breakdown by LBZrules and a few other trustworthy reporters.

I like the blocking adjustments in the passing game and the smart avoidance logic where players don't just get stuck running into each other. Some of the footwork looks good too, but that stuff has to get a much longer look to really get how well it's implemented.

Someone also needs to do a comprehensive rundown of the options in CCM. The way that works will be a make or break deal for lots of folks, I would imagine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »