Home

Review Fix: Interview with Cam Weber on Madden 25

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Interview with Cam Weber on Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Review Fix: Interview with Cam Weber on Madden 25

14 minute interview http://reviewfix.com/wp-content/uplo.../Madden-25.mp3

"It's about delivering on the future," Weber told ReviewFix.com in an interview yesterday. "We want everyone to not only have that visual 'wow' moment when they first see it, with the on the field visuals with the players and the crowd, but we want the game to feel super smooth. It should be undeniable when you pick up the controller that it's just a huge leap forward in what the experience feels like.

"We want that emotional element as well. When you're in a jam-packed stadium, with 70,000 fans, there will be 300 characters running around the sidelines, reacting to what you're doing; it's an emotional element to see your teammates jumping up and the crowd erupt as you run down as you run down the sidelines. It's something we've never been able to deliver on in generation three, but in generation four, we're going to bring that exciting environment of an NFL Sunday."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Review Fix: Interview with Cam Weber on Madden 25

Is this part of a three year plan or something, cause what they showed yesterday is nowhere close to that.

Don't get me wrong there was some good things in that next gen video, but eye popping wow moment.... not even close, yes I know it's pre alpha and lot's of time to go before release, but talk is cheap I've heard it to many times, show me and stop telling me and then I'll believe.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
Is this part of a three year plan or something, cause what they showed yesterday is nowhere close to that.

Don't get me wrong there was some good things in that next gen video, but eye popping wow moment.... not even close, yes I know it's pre alpha and lot's of time to go before release, but talk is cheap I've heard it to many times, show me and stop telling me and then I'll believe.
What you saw yesterday is a early build of the running game in practice mode, there was no crowd, commentary, sidelines, nothing. Next gen Madden 25 will look somewhere between the CGI trailer and the E3 press conference.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What you saw yesterday is a early build of the running game in practice mode, there was no crowd, commentary, sidelines, nothing. Next gen Madden 25 will look somewhere between the CGI trailer and the E3 press conference.
Jp youre 100% correct. But I think the poster is talking about gameplay. Hes also right. It looked a lot better than current gen. But I and many others were expecting to be blown away. It didnt look as smooth as I expected. Also there were animations from current gen in there. Like Russell wilsons throwing motion. It didnt look like I thought next gen should. I hope tgey are just place holders for the time being. And they may be. But with ea track record im not to positive
Old 06-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Jp, Have you seen the final build? No one knows what the final build will look like until you and the rest of us see it in motion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Opinions on what should be and shouldn't be are so subjective.

All I care about is that the game starts replicating NFL football.

Will it be done all in one shot?

I doubt it, we'll need to wait and see.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

The one thing I like about Cam's IGN interview is that it really seems like he knows football. He gets the intricacies of it, and he gets the terminology of it.

This guy is selling the game on the ability to have the center or QB identify the MIKE. To me, that's kind of amazing for such a mainstream game that could easily just talk about its animations and sexy graphics, like it always has in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »