Home

Relocated Team Uniforms

This is a discussion on Relocated Team Uniforms within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #73
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Relocated Team Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Welp I was the "let's wait and see" guy...

They look bad. No alternate uniform. One color of pants for that team. No way I'd want to relocate.
I'd still relocate but probably would keep the same jerseys. Like I know in mine I'm moving my Rams back to LA (keeping uniform), possibly Bills to Toronto (reading up on the real life story and how that's shaping up even though I don't think anything will come of it, but I'd keep those uniforms too), and possibly Jaguars to Orlando with their uniforms.

I think I'm more interested in how the stadiums look moreso than the jerseys. In the recent video, seeing the Deluxe Sphere Stadium, it looks pretty good, and I may choose that stadium for the Vikings but how much different is it than the Basic Sphere Stadium? Obviously I don't think it will have the "Jerry Scoreboard" hanging from the top, as slightly seen in the Deluxe Sphere, but are the stadiums the same? Would two Deluxe Futuristic Stadiums be the same exact design? If so, not only did they drop the ball on the jerseys but the stadiums as well.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #74
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Someone a bit more knowledgeable about uniforms could probably answer this for me: Are there any teams that use their city/location on their uniforms? Like with San Diego, they have "Chargers" above the numbers on their chest. Are there any teams that use their city there?

Reason I ask is, if we were to move a team that does and we keep those same uniforms, would they still say the old city on the uniforms?

This may not be an issue as I really don't know if any teams do have the city or just the team name (ie Chargers, 49ers, Panthers, etc)...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 08-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #75
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
Someone a bit more knowledgeable about uniforms could probably answer this for me: Are there any teams that use their city/location on their uniforms? Like with San Diego, they have "Chargers" above the numbers on their chest. Are there any teams that use their city there?

Reason I ask is, if we were to move a team that does and we keep those same uniforms, would they still say the old city on the uniforms?

This may not be an issue as I really don't know if any teams do have the city or just the team name (ie Chargers, 49ers, Panthers, etc)...
I would think so, it kind of reminds me of NCAA when the custom conferences was first implemented. Although the field art would change the conference, but the jersey patch stayed the same.

I think the end zone art changes though for stadiums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #76
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII

Giants and jets both have NY on their helmet logos.

Kansas City had the KC on their helmet logo.

Green Bay has a big G.

49ers have SF on their helmet.

One of the Ravens alternate logos features the symbol from the Maryland state flag, but I don't think it's on their uni... It is their main field logo if I'm not mistaken, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #77
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

Well for the issues of the city's name, they could actually stay as whomever as long as the name of the team didn't change. You could move San Fran to another city as long as their name stayed San Francisco 49ers.

But we don't know if EA implemented it or not is the case. I know the Dallas Cowboys are the named "Dallas Cowboys", but are they in Dallas?
NO.

I think they are in Arlington now, used to be in Irving (maybe). So if EA implemented that, it'd be cool and it would solve that issue. Dallas has the D everywhere.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #78
MVP

bgeno's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Well for the issues of the city's name, they could actually stay as whomever as long as the name of the team didn't change. You could move San Fran to another city as long as their name stayed San Francisco 49ers.

But we don't know if EA implemented it or not is the case. I know the Dallas Cowboys are the named "Dallas Cowboys", but are they in Dallas?
NO.

I think they are in Arlington now, used to be in Irving (maybe). So if EA implemented that, it'd be cool and it would solve that issue. Dallas has the D everywhere.
That's not really the same as what coul happen in the game. No one would move the Rams to LA and still call them the St Louis Rams. And you can't move a team to some city just outside St Louis. Arlington is just outside Dallas, and in the DFW market.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #79
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

Oh, so if you decide to keep their unis and move, you still have to change the first name of the team? Man that is gonna blow.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #80
MVP

bgeno's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Oh, so if you decide to keep their unis and move, you still have to change the first name of the team? Man that is gonna blow.
Why would you want to relocate a team and not change the city name? This makes no sense to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »