Home

Will EA do a New Set of Playbooks for Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Will EA do a New Set of Playbooks for Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Will EA do a New Set of Playbooks for Next Gen?

I'm guessing the majority of news/videos of next gen will come after current gen releases so they can maximise sales. However I thought it would be cool if they did playbooks for the new next-gen features. I'm particularly excited about the AI and Living Sidelines, it would be great to get a couple of videos showing in detail how these will impact the game.

What does everyone think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Will EA do a New Set of Playbooks for Next Gen?

I'm hoping to get something akin to the tiered defensive playbooks since for the longest time the excuse has been memory and that it would take a complete re-write to get something like that in. And I'm hoping the offensive and defensive plays have been un-tethered from one another.

I've also come around to the idea that there doesn't need to be as deep a focus on team specific playbooks (offensively and especially defensively), but deeper playbooks the way 2k had it with virtually every kind of offensive/defensive set available. As I've seen more and more actual playbooks over the years, no matter the team or the style, there's just about every formation and personnel group in each of them.

When you get into limiting playbooks to team specific stuff or a couple hundred plays here and there you're always a year behind.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I'm hoping so. I just posted in the other thread and based on the video of the Ravens vs Bengals, their O playbook has I think 1 formation that it did not have previously. And it still has formations they have not ran in like three seasons that are incomplete for scheming purposes. It seems to me the Cloud could help developers add things into playbooks on the fly. Could be wrong.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Pro

Sorry, should have been clearer. I meant playbooks as in blogs and videos outlining features that EA does. You make some good points though Senator Palmer
Old 06-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6
Redone in-game play calling would be great, but I think the OP was talking about the blogs EA calls "Playbooks".

I would love to see some for next gen. I'm just not sure if EA will schedule a bunch of them, but I'm sure we'll see some more videos and blogs for next gen.

When does everybody think they'll release more next gen Madden info? Do you think they'll release any info before current gen release?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Rookie

i like playbook i can edit so the plays i dont use i can take out like the wildcat etc i dont care if i had every single play in my plyabook i like have it to my liking so i can edit how big or small my playbook be
and look madden 12 i think one formation if i called a hb screen he will sit there for like 3-5 before going out and any other play book he ran out after i hike it shortly so if a play is bug this way i can take it out too

for next gen playbook i dont know
there whole site is about madden 25 i cant find anything even madden 13 connected careers anymore but playbooks for next gen i hope they have some playbooks to talk about next gen very excited for madden on next gen

Last edited by darkxsacrificex; 06-14-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
Sorry, should have been clearer. I meant playbooks as in blogs and videos outlining features that EA does. You make some good points though Senator Palmer
My bad. Posted that before I had my breakfast. I see where I misread the original post.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

From my understanding, from a previous podcast, for get which one but i'll try to find it, there will be a new set of playbooks showing off the different areas of Next-Gen M25.

EDIT: The bit of info I received is in this Shopmaster podcast:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/easgcra...e3-day-3-recap

Last edited by californ14; 06-14-2013 at 11:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »