Home

Would You Consider HB/FB/TE Streaks Out The Backfield Legit SIM Strategy?

This is a discussion on Would You Consider HB/FB/TE Streaks Out The Backfield Legit SIM Strategy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #17
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Would You Consider HB/FB/TE Streaks Out The Backfield Legit SIM Strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatupu_64
An actual observer of the3 NFL would say this...

Sim means a simulation of reality. RB's and FB's don't run streaks in real life. Not out of the backfield. They run wheel routes.

TE streaks are a gray area for me. It depends on if the person is abusing it or not.
What you should ask yourself is WHY they don't run streaks in the NFL. The coverage AI and pass-leading are problems. In my opinion much of what's wrong with Madden has to do with QBs being far too accurate. But also, how would a streaking HB see the ball to catch it, it would be coming from directly behind his head.

Fix the AI, I agree. But being able to create plays on defense would allow you to stop anything, including a HB pass if you saw it coming.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #18
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
I consider it one of the weakest exploits people use in the game when they can't move the ball traditionally. I play in SIM Leagues/Communities exclusively but every now and then when screening new members i see this tactic come out if they've begun to struggle passing.

To be clear curls to IMO are fine as they are a legitimate check down option that we see represented in the games we see on Sundays, but I can't think the last time a saw a HB or a TE catch a pass on a 'streak' out of the backfield 15, 20, 30 yards down-field...

So am I in line with my thinking or should I reconsider my approach? We even thought about banning the route (ie: double TE streaks/fades) due to the 'over' effectiveness of lead passing.
It's a big pet-peeve of mine, but hopefully the safety/linebacker play is improved to the point where they aren't OP'd. Just a glance at a few of the NCAA videos has me convinced it'll be less of an issue this year (in NCAA at least)
Old 06-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #19
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

It's a legitimate NFL route. In 2011 the 49ers had a long touchdown pass to FB Bruce Miller on the route, and I remember seeing the Rams do it regularly with Marshall Faulk.

Is it an exploit, though? In sim leagues I believe they try to minimize exploits. However it is definitely a legitimate NFL method of attack.

ETA- Those who claim you don't see it on Sundays don't watch enough football.

Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxoVLnzJ2BI

Observe a Fullback catch a streak for a touchdown out of the backfield. Q.E.D. NFL teams DO run FB streaks with deep passes. Those of you who claimed otherwise are mistaken.

You doubters watch that video and then tell me with a straight face that NFL teams don't use FB streaks out of the backfield for deep passes.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-16-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
You doubters watch that video and then tell me with a straight face that NFL teams don't use FB streaks out of the backfield for deep passes.
The FB in the video went around the line instead of through it. That's the difference people are talking about.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 AM   #21
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
The FB in the video went around the line instead of through it. That's the difference people are talking about.
He also used about 4 steembos to cover 20yards (25-45 around and up). In Madden, on Normal GameSpeed, that route would be completed in a fraction of the time. It looks like he was also left unaccounted for (he is Bruce Miller - FB for the 49ers).

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #22
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
He also used about 4 steembos to cover 20yards (25-45 around and up). In Madden, on Normal GameSpeed, that route would be completed in a fraction of the time. It looks like he was also left unaccounted for (he is Bruce Miller - FB for the 49ers).

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Not only that but he's not splitting the Safeties or the LBs like it would on Madden... Looks more like a wheel route smh.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
It's a legitimate NFL route. In 2011 the 49ers had a long touchdown pass to FB Bruce Miller on the route, and I remember seeing the Rams do it regularly with Marshall Faulk.

Is it an exploit, though? In sim leagues I believe they try to minimize exploits. However it is definitely a legitimate NFL method of attack.

ETA- Those who claim you don't see it on Sundays don't watch enough football.

Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxoVLnzJ2BI

Observe a Fullback catch a streak for a touchdown out of the backfield. Q.E.D. NFL teams DO run FB streaks with deep passes. Those of you who claimed otherwise are mistaken.

FAIL

That is clearly a wheel route attacking the sidelines. As many have said it is legit. IT IS NOT a streak through the OL/DL down the middle of the field. Rbs streaking through the OL/DL is not sim or realistic. As other's have also observed the pass rushers don't get to use the magic doors the RBs and FBs do.

Also you remember Marshall Faulk teleporting through the OL/DL and streaking down the middle of the field? And Kurt Warner throwing the ball 5 yards to his right before he broke off his streak and caught the ball in stride? I know MF is a Hall of Famer but I don't remember see that in his highlight reel.

Last edited by dghustla; 06-17-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

here's another smash concept with the HB on a streak. this one has a video. http://smartfootball.com/passing/dou...own-the-middle

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »