Home

Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Q&A with Creative Director Rex Dickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Yeah and when he says something we're going to blow out in gen 4 makes me think this won't be til later in next gen, I hope im wrong though.
I tweeted EA about the living worlds and sidelines and they confirmed it will be in next-gen Madden NFL 25. Really excited for it.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:42 AM   #34
Rookie

BIGE888's Arena

OVR: 2
yeah so i just crapped my pants a little....
Old 06-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #35
Rookie

XplosiveRunna26's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
My Thoughts on EA :

I'll believe it when I sEA it.
I see what you did there....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Features TrueStep, Phase Matching, Immersion & More

Improved, seamless animations doesn't necessarily equal realistic physics and weight transfer.

They talk about having a "center of gravity", but watch the E3 video; the players are feathers, and while Peterson's every step is accounted for in terms of animation, they happen in such rapid succession sometimes and swerve so instantly that clearly, his weight is only a secondary factor to "user control". Just be wary and take a "Wait until I see it" position. EA has yet to earn our excitement (and frankly I'm even hesitant to "wait and see" since it seems clear to me that true physics, weight, and momentum are already not being accounted for, but I understand why others might be more hopeful).
Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #37
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Lost it at 'Player Chatter Feature'

I cant remember the last game that didn't have player chatter
Old 06-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #38
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0

watching the madden 25 next-gen demo again with cam webers interview... gotta say it again. I love the way cam talks about the game. He has a passion for it. You can see it in how he tries to represent the franchise. The ign interviewer said something about combo moves being 'street-fighter-esque'...and cam right away went 'no no no no...this is trying to be as realistic as possible.' Why do I get the feeling that ian cummings would have just laughed and said yea yea exactly haha I trust cam. and I have great hope for next-gen. I despised every madden on 360.... but i have a really good feeling about this november
Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0
My question is and will continue to be until it is stopped... why is EA so heavily tied to motion capture and animation-based gaming? This is what is holding their series back. This is the next-generation of systems capable of doing things we probably haven't even thought of yet. So, why are animations still a part of the equation?

Where are the REAL TIME physics? Physics that are calculated by the CPU already built-in. I know backbreaker was not a good game for many reasons, but one of the best parts of the game was the real-time physics and calculations. If EA took THEIR player models already built and used a real-time physics engine, they wouldn't need motion capturing and animation-based gaming.

If real-time physics can be done on the 360 and PS3, it sure as hell can be done on PS4 and Xbox 1.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 25
Sadly, I'll believe it when I actually play it. EAs track record for how things are done and INCLUDED in the final product are the worst in the entire gaming industry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »